Caveman 2 Cosmos

I would prefer Laniakea ship for space-race, it means leaving our Galaxy cluster and getting to any galaxy cluster in Laniakea, while preserving galaxy clusters move. it would be the best space victory I can think. It would be late galactic age or age next after galactic age.

here is note on laniakea

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Just want to say thank you for all the modders hard work that they do. Playing v36 /w crime update right now and loving it.... but found out i spawned on an island with no other civs so will have to wait until optics to make first contact with them... all space is now used with 14 cities. Only metals I have is copper and gold, is this going to hinder my development?

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Just want to say thank you for all the modders hard work that they do. Playing v36 /w crime update right now and loving it.... but found out i spawned on an island with no other civs so will have to wait until optics to make first contact with them... all space is now used with 14 cities. Only metals I have is copper and gold, is this going to hinder my development?

Only somewhat until Iron and steel start to be major in terms of stronger mil units. But if you have a good number of mines there is always the chance a Mine will spawn iron. If Platinum shows up then you have a fair chance at getting some iron.

Obviously develop/research your sea going techs. You might be surprised how far an outrigger or Pirate ships can scout with enough Promos. Leave no tile dark that is within 2 or 3 tiles of your coasts.

Being in a vacuum by isolation can be a Fun game. And really test how well you can do with out trade.

Do you have Tech Diffusion Option On? If so, then when you make contact don't be surprised at how far you are behind in the Tech race. But getting trades going asap when contact is made will help overcome this.

Have Fun! :D

JosEPh

If you have Oceania culture and fish near a city, you can build a Polynesian culture which allows you to build Catamarans in the Prehistory, which is the earliest ocean-crossing vessel.

As JosEPh_II advised, explore as far as you can within coastal limits. If necessary, take a unit with high visual range (hunters with hunting sight, dogs with view range promotions), load it into a ship and give it a naval tour around your island.

N.B. Early ships can only move in coastal waters OR within city borders. So placing a city with lots of culture on the right spot may allow you to cross a narrow strip of sea that you normally cannot cross.

Thx for the tips, already done most of them though and am completely cut off lol. I am currently maxing every city, spamming bards for the stories and pushing research as fast as possible. Also tech diffusion is off and i am getting all the holy cities for religion except 2 so far. Every turn I just hope for a iron, tin, silver, or platinum spawn lol.

Also, Not sure what to think about the snv version yet... the none attacking animals are turning me off though and are the animals suppose to have my flag on them?

Another newb question from me:

What tech enables Bridge Building? I don't mean the incremental city upgrades that improve trade routes, but the tech that allows units within your borders to cross rivers without losing movement.

It's definitely in vanilla Civ4: Construction is the tech there (just confirmed). And I know in my C2C games which survive into about Renaissance, units stop "stopping" when crossing rivers with roads, but I never noticed which tech is the one doing it.

I think units stop losing movement crossing rivers after Road Building tech is learned, which I am going to learn next actually... I will confirm this after I learn the tech and try it.

Your comment inspired me to look at the techs. Apparently it is the same as in vanilla: Construction, which comes after Road Building (+ Monarchy, Ancient Machinery, and Hydraulic Mining).

Hi there, I tried searching the thread for my problem but couldn't find anything. When I am in the custom game for C2C I noticed I do not have the Lock modified assets button available to me so I have no way to turn it off. Is this supposed to be like this? I would rather have it off. Thank you for any reply.

Hi there, I tried searching the thread for my problem but couldn't find anything. When I am in the custom game for C2C I noticed I do not have the Lock modified assets button available to me so I have no way to turn it off. Is this supposed to be like this? I would rather have it off. Thank you for any reply.

Having it on makes it possible for the modders to debug a game if things go wrong.

I think you can turn it off in WorldBuilder (Ctrl-W) in the options screen. The options screen is bugged in that you can't see all the options.

Hwo do I download? I follow the download links until I end upon http://www.moddb.com/mods/caveman2cosmos/downloads. From there there's a tab called "Downloads". I click on that, but I cant find any download link?!

Okay found out I had to click the article under that "Downloads" tab (just look like an article, not like a download) and in there is the download button.

How does the leader traits work? I picked Humanitarian because it said it would give me +2 health in cities, and because my first city Thebes (egyptian) had 5 health and 11 unhealthy. But after choosing humanitarian Thebes still has only 5 health and 11 unhealthy. Does this mean that the leader traits bonuses doesn't work?

Where do I check my leaders current active traits?

In the production popup and in the production queue pressing Shift, Alt or Ctrl does not reveal the combat modifiers, civil information or the combat classes (even though the tooltip says it should be seen by pressing these buttons). To view these I have to right click to go to civilopedia. How do I make the combat modifiers to be revealed in the production queue and production popup? or better yet, how to make them displayed at all times, without the need for a hotkey?

How does the leader traits work? I picked Humanitarian because it said it would give me +2 health in cities, and because my first city Thebes (egyptian) had 5 health and 11 unhealthy. But after choosing humanitarian Thebes still has only 5 health and 11 unhealthy. Does this mean that the leader traits bonuses doesn't work?
Could be bugged. Could also be that the city hasn't recalculated itself (which would be a bug as well but one that would clear itself up as soon as another source of adjustment were introduced at all, like a building.)

If you can find that it isn't working properly at all, report in the bug thread and it will be addressed in due time.

Where do I check my leaders current active traits?
The flag hover or in the diplomacy page hovering over your leader's icon.

In the production popup and in the production queue pressing Shift, Alt or Ctrl does not reveal the combat modifiers, civil information or the combat classes (even though the tooltip says it should be seen by pressing these buttons). To view these I have to right click to go to civilopedia. How do I make the combat modifiers to be revealed in the production queue and production popup? or better yet, how to make them displayed at all times, without the need for a hotkey?
You need to press THEN hover. If you press down the hotkey while you're hovering over the item you want to see expand, you need to move off, continuing to hold down the hotkey, then move back and it will open up the page. Or just hold then hover over. I know it doesn't always work that way and I wish it could have made it work that way but there's deeper reasons than I have power to do anything about that make it not possible.

It's also not possible to put everything on one page because there's flat out not enough room there.

Soooooo, what's up with the game folks? I think I last played v33 or 34.

Soooooo, what's up with the game folks? I think I last played v33 or 34.

Lots and lots of changes since those versions. Crime redone and New Law and Criminal units.

New Invisible vs Visible Unit Options.

Size Matters Option for Mil units.

New way of doing Subdued Animals, SA's split into 3 groups and are now Separate from Barbarians and Neanderthals. 5 actual Non Player Civs (NPCs):Barbariians, NeanderThals, and the 3 Animal Groups.

New DLL limit for Player and Civ AIs because of the NPC additions.

New Terrains.

And some ongoing Major House cleaning that broke the Save Game Compatibility for Saves for Older Saves from previous versions prior to SVN 9091

And a Ton more that is on going.

JosEPh

Could be bugged. Could also be that the city hasn't recalculated itself (which would be a bug as well but one that would clear itself up as soon as another source of adjustment were introduced at all, like a building.)

If you can find that it isn't working properly at all, report in the bug thread and it will be addressed in due time.

The flag hover or in the diplomacy page hovering over your leader's icon.

You need to press THEN hover. If you press down the hotkey while you're hovering over the item you want to see expand, you need to move off, continuing to hold down the hotkey, then move back and it will open up the page. Or just hold then hover over. I know it doesn't always work that way and I wish it could have made it work that way but there's deeper reasons than I have power to do anything about that make it not possible.

It's also not possible to put everything on one page because there's flat out not enough room there.

Thanks! :) From the screenshots below of my leader traits and the city health stats, is it possible for you to tell if the +2 health actually are given to the city or not, does it work?
Spoiler :

I hate to make a huge spam screenshot post like this, but I noticed something else and I don't want to file a bug report if it is just me that doesn't understand/read the ingame information properly, maybe you or someone else could help clarify this issue. My units are seemingly not getting all the combat bonuses that they should (or some of them are not getting displayed?). Like the +20% Desert Attack bonus as seen in these screenshots:

My unit has 20% desert attack bonus
Spoiler :

The enemy units are standing on a desert tile
Spoiler :

But my unit is not getting the 20% desert attack bonus
Spoiler :

Also I found that press THEN hover works in the normal build queue (both zoomed in/out of city), but it doesn't work on the production popup on turn start unfortunately. Not a big deal right now when I only have 1 city because I can zoom to city and do it there, but later on, especially much later on, with many cities to choose in production popup I can imagine it being a nuisance when I don't know the units strengths and weaknesses, I would have to zoom to city a lot to check the different modifiers for units, instead of just doing it on the fly in the popup. Imo this is an area that would be very important to fix. At least give the player the choice of always showing the info (I don't understand why that is not possible, other mods do it, so why not Caveman2Cosmos?).'

btw maybe you could help me answer another question? :) I was wondering if Caveman 2 Cosmos features a launcher, just like Rise of Mankind does? Or if there is just a way to start the game with the mod loaded from the start (right now I start BTS as normal then when I load game, BTS has to restart because Caveman 2 Cosmos needs to be loaded).

Lots and lots of changes since those versions. Crime redone and New Law and Criminal units.

New Invisible vs Visible Unit Options.

Size Matters Option for Mil units.

New way of doing Subdued Animals, SA's split into 3 groups and are now Separate from Barbarians and Neanderthals. 5 actual Non Player Civs (NPCs):Barbariians, NeanderThals, and the 3 Animal Groups.

New DLL limit for Player and Civ AIs because of the NPC additions.

New Terrains.

And some ongoing Major House cleaning that broke the Save Game Compatibility for Saves for Older Saves from previous versions prior to SVN 9091

And a Ton more that is on going.

JosEPh

Wombats still attack my scouting units, I see. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom