Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

ooc: careful, there are some of us who can kill spirits.

sorry about that :sad: looks like I forgot that one important detail considering everything else going on. It sent.

As Leader of the ISO, I wish every immortal a Merry Winter Solstice festivity! :p

EDIT: And to our people, the glorious but mortal Japanese, too.

Do not forget or dismiss our mortal brethren in your benedictions oh great chairman of the party :p

All hail the honorable chairman!

But the Chairman is not in power yet, though he is thankful for the support he has been given.

Fortune telling, perhaps above all others, is a profession of charlatans. Whether through cards, crystals or a circle of hands it is invariably deception. Tricks of word and mind. Manipulations by the silver tongued of those desperate to believe.

The woman at the travelling carnival was no exception. Wrapped in layer upon layer of wrinkled shawls every shade of purple imaginable, weighted down by strings of beads that seemed to go on forever and smelling of bizarre perfumes that no man could properly describe she invited passers into her tent on this, the longest night of the year.

The clerk she had invited in cared nothing for fortunes, he simply wished to sit and rest from the festivities for a moment. Despite his obvious disinterest the woman still performed her act with great enthusiasm for it would not do to let appearances slip, even for someone who did not care.

With great, theatrical gestures she swirled the incense smoke around the clear glass ball that, perched upon a velvet cushion, occupied pride of place in the middle of the darkened tent. Hunching over she made a show of peering deep within it, taking great care to widen her eyes as much as possible to enhance the effect.

This was of no interest to the clerk, who was more interested in massaging the stiffness from his legs that had become somewhat numb from the winter's chill. It wasn't until the fortune teller froze in her theatrics that he took notice, her arms now rigid and her mouth hanging open half way through a crooning imploration for the spirit world to reveal it's secrets. When she continued to say nothing he began to grow concerned,

"What is it old woman? What do you see?"

She gave no reply, instead gesturing weakly with one heavily ringed hand for him to gaze within the crystal orb. He hesitated for a moment before leaning forward over the table to get a better look and then nearly fell off of his chair with shock at what he saw.

Words. Solid, heavy and yet somehow ethereal floating within the solid glass.

"It has been a long time....."

The PACK wishes the people of Japan to PARTY HARD!

OOC: Sorry for disappearing for the last 2 days, I was suddenly struck with appendicitis and had to undergo surgery and rest for a while. I'm fine now, the stitches hurt, but not as much as my appendix was hurting.

Hope you recover quickly :)

A long time indeed. Welcome back to RealPolitik. :D

DT

May your recovery proceed with haste, and Merry Christmas people of Realpolitik.

May your recovery proceed with haste, and Merry Christmas people of Realpolitik.

:agree:

The PACK wishes the people of Japan to PARTY HARD!

OOC: Sorry for disappearing for the last 2 days, I was suddenly struck with appendicitis and had to undergo surgery and rest for a while. I'm fine now, the stitches hurt, but not as much as my appendix was hurting.

Hope that you recover quickly Kiloku, have a merry Christmas! :D

And a merry Christmas to everyone else here as well!

Merry Christmas to all ye RP Players! (and any lurkers)

:xmassign:

DT

Top Bottom