G-Major LIII

Peets

Emperor
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Diplomacy (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Fractal
  • Speed: Standard
  • Leader: Morocco (Ahmad al-Mansur)
  • Required: One City Challenge
  • Opponents: Must include Austria (Maria Theresa), Greece (Alexander), Mongolia (Genghis Khan), Poland (Casimir III), Shoshone (Pocatello), Siam (Ramkhamhaeng), Venice (Enrico Dandolo)
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 1st October to 1st November 2014
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Well this one is funny,i see all opponents are specialized civs for civ states.And it's occ which make it even funnier.

Sorry, first "One City" challenge....

Is there a setting, and all the Civs have "One City"

OR, am I just playing normal settings, and not building any more than my capital?

I don't even know where to start here. I have a feeling this is going to be a long game :)

Can I "Raze" cities?, (Obviously not Capitals)...? I would assume not, cause technically your occupying that city before it is gone.

It would appear that the strategy is to get the other Civs to take each other out, so that you can triigger "United Nations" as early of possible.

I have to knock it down to three Civs remaining for UN with this setup...Right?

I actually think the best setup involves one in which Greece is your neighbor,...cause he can run away with it if your not constantly messing with him!

What do you mean ? With OCC activated capturing a city will raze it automatically, even caps.

What I'm not a fan of is that it's OCC on a map that can have continents... really annoying.

Sorry, like I said....First time playing OCC, thanks for clarifying cause I would have wasted a lot of time applying the wrong strategies.

Two ways :
- Peacefull : with really good dirt, you can expect a sub T250 victory. Growth, trade, reach Globalization, win.
- Warry : Build an army and raze all but 2 civs. Reach Atomic era, win. All cities conquer with OCCoption enable will be instant raze.

The point is it's tight between peacefull and warry because OCC slow down you for units and tech. A GOTM made a T 225 victory : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523266.

Not that it is on my "Strategy" list, but what happens to CSs when conquered...Raze...? Not allowed...?? I would assume "Liberation" is allowed when Mongolia starts taking CS's out?

Test run, t267 victory. Didn't bother reloading too much, so no mountain. Map had continents but I was coastal so it wasn't too bad. I took the peaceful approach, signed 8 RAs. Buffed by Rati finisher and PT those were giving me like 3 turns of research each.

I planted 3 academies, that seemed to work pretty well. I wonder if 2 is better if you have an observatory? After I bulbed I still had to tech Globalization but that was fine since the World Leader vote was still 14 turns away. Used Rationalism finisher for Radio and Oxford for Plastics.

Attachments

• 2014-10-02_00001.jpg
    2014-10-02_00001.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 123
OCC will limit tech, for sure, but it also makes warlike mode much easier. On Emperor it's very difficult to manage happiness. The tricky part will be continental warfare and the production penalty from being over the unit cap, but IMHO this is not a deal-breaker for Emperor. Clearing your continent and beelining Navigation is sufficient.

If your continent has 3 of the AI's, you only need to take 2 foreign civs. However, it WILL be tricky if one of those capitals is inland. But, not impossible. You only have to take 2 of the remaining 4 capitals, so pick the ones that aren't inland, and make sure to get all inland cities in peace deals before your final assault. The trickiest part IMHO is having a large enough military to get cities in peace deals. So, convincing one AI to attack another is of paramount importance. On Emperor, sometimes the other continent will already have one less player by the time you get there. ;-)

Should be a fun challenge. I also hope to participate in this one. :)

Edit: Also, Continents is no guarantee. You might get pangaea or even a 6-player starting continent. (Ideal)

First try on diplo so I have no idea if my plan makes sense :D.

Let's see what happens after the first try, I think I rolled very good land that even without ocean might be ok... In my head it makes sense lol.

First try on diplo so I have no idea if my plan makes sense :D.

Let's see what happens after the first try, I think I rolled very good land that even without ocean might be ok... In my head it makes sense lol.

Land units can still swim over the ocean. If you get enough of a tech lead, gatlings + knights can take cities. If you're not warmongering you don't even need that. However, you will find it exceedingly difficult to meet all the CS. IMHO that's a re-roll.

Land units can still swim over the ocean. If you get enough of a tech lead, gatlings + knights can take cities. If you're not warmongering you don't even need that. However, you will find it exceedingly difficult to meet all the CS. IMHO that's a re-roll.

I want to try a little more. I just finished petra and I can spam so much, that city Is growing so fast. Feels nice to give it a try I'll post a picture in few days.

Holiday in China now hehe

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk now Free

You think an Atomic win is possible with these AI? Seems like it's a bit risky if you need to liberate some CS, without many units to do so. I think peaceful is the way to go.

Are we allowed to change other setting, like rainfall, water level or turn on raging barbarians?

Top Bottom