PolyCast's Swag Contest, Episode 213 Celebration of "Civ: Beyond Earth" Release

With regards to future content, will we see the ocean get more fleshed out in terms of Xeno Life and resources? As it stands, the ocean tiles feel rather empty save for the occasional Sea Dragon and Kraken.

I would love to see some smaller Ocean Xenos, and perhaps ones that used some range.

Hey guys,

Have you considered implementing a strategic orbital view with two layers: standard strategic view and strategic orbital view? Allow me to elaborate.

Standard strategic view would display orbital units with their respective pentagon badges and a non-outlined blue hex to easily identify an orbital unit is present on that tile. This is similar to how it is in current non-strategic view, with the blue funnel coming down from above on the tile the orbital unit is directly above.

Orbital-Strategic View (or Strategic-Orbital View — take your pick) would be enabled either by a button or clicking on the orbital unit's pentagon symbol. Here, you can see the full scope of all orbital units, with the coverage outlined. Not shown in my mockup is the total orbital range for the city, but that could easily be present as well. Just like in standard orbital view, the rest of the map is grayscaled.

What do you think? I'd love to see the return of strategic view.

PS: ME-asma or MY-asma? :D

How long before people start to mod BE to recreate CIV.... IT functions so well with mantle, the tech web's only fault is that we are unfamiliar with the tech and all else runs pretty well...quests and virtues and so on.

Is it as easy as I imagine?

Not sure, I think I posted these questions in the wrong thread (there's one in the Civ:BE Discussion forum, and this thread in the News Updates forum) so I am re-posting here:

1. Why not keep the option (from Civ V) to select different upgrades for each unit, rather than the same option for every unit in the class? I liked the idea of specializing some infantry as healers, and some as attackers, for example.

2. Why did you remove the 'luxury' resource concept? It seems like you could still use some of the resource types to boost health (similar to luxuries and happiness), it would make the new alien resources seem more valuable. As it is, they have little impact other than making me build a paddock/plantation instead of a farm, whereas in previous civs I would plan city placement around those resources.

3. Will we get the ability to rename specific units?

Thanks to all who submitted who submitted one or more questions for this contest in this thread. All entries will be reviewed; those who place in the top three will have their originators contacted for confirmation and ultimate ranking. Public announcement of the winners of the ten chosen questions will accompany receipt of their answers from Civilization: Beyond Earth developer Firaxis Games during a live stream of an upcoming PolyCast episode recording.

Yesterday, the ten questions chosen for sending to Civilization: Beyond Earth developer Firaxis Games were read aloud -- along with their answers -- during the live recording of PolyCast Episode 215. This episode is to be released this Saturday, November 29th. Those who submitted the questions that placed first, second and third place were contacted respectively for the information needed for the shipping of their prizes.

Thanks again to all who participated in this "Ask and Ye Shall Receive" contest, and to those that took the time to read the entries here too.

Top Bottom