Erebus

"I guess you're right.... New plan! Ken, try to hold them in the air over the shore for a few seconds! Munak, when they are in the air, throw the oil at them, quickly. Then, you let go Ken, and I will send my rat after them. Thomas, if they try to go near the ship again, cool them off, we don't want any fires. And if Kens spell doesn't succeed, well, we'll just fight as normal."

I don't see how a rat could cause a fire just because of walking near oil. :confused: But anyway, I'll throw some oil anyway (I assume the idea alone of possible being put on fire when they come too near to me and my tinderbox might reduce combat morale). Whether or not I light it first depends on how much time the DMs say this takes, and if the dagger guys do something first. (I assume we can't do all this before they take some action first)

Ken, seeing the man near the pier, creates a force wave between the boat and the man, driving him more towards the shore.

(if that succedes): he then attempts to blast fire at the man, who is now far enough away from the boat that it will be safe.

EDIT: I think that levitation would fall under air magic. I could do it, but they would probobly die first from the repeated blasts (and I probobly cant cast that many spells sucessivley)

Tsanal (Seeing that Ken isn't where he should be), yells: "Wait, no Oil! Not now! Stooooop!!!!"

Kan, use your magic to throw water into the air over them!

if he does that and succeed, i'll freeze it as it lands on our opponents...

[I was cut off for some time, all rat stuff has succeeded.]

The attackers weren't prepared for such resistance.

Mipe manages to become a shadow but he doesn't have the strength to knock the man unconsious. He notices his attempt and hits him back. Mipe is slightly wounded, and the attacker gets knock on his forehead.

Myrddyn's arrow hit one of the men, not in the wrist but in his chest. He falls with a terrible shriek.
His another arrow entangles one of the attackers.

Tsanal's spell to control the mind of one of the men manages to confuse him a bit along with mipe's knock. The second spell does little else.

The rat gets too close to the oil and the area is quickly ablaze.

The fire cathces the entangled man and he burns to death within about a dozen seconds.

The fourth attacker is blasted with the fire but some unknown force drives most of the already modest explosion away, leaving him slighly charred but as healthy as before.

Two attackers are left. One on the pier, not hurt, the other, who seems to be the strongest of them, is slightly stunned.

seeing the other area on fire, Ken uses force magic to blast water onto the ship and put out the fire

Ill also ask thomas to freeze the man on the boat. I think we may have some buisiness with him

I deduce that there must be some fourth guy who could drive away the explosion from the only man left standing on the deck, so I shout "Hey, has anyone seen a fourth guy?"

" Yes I have seen a fourth guy on the shore"

Having said that, Ken stares at the man on the shore (I blasted him onto the shore before I shot fire at him last time) and grabs his glowing amulet and begins to chant magic-sounding words and uses fire magic to make him look more powerfull, in an attempt to cause the person to trigger his magic-protecting sheild and make him vernurable to an unexpected attack.

If I do sense a sheild (using my intelegence or mana): Ken stops the bluff and creates a force explosion under his feet that shatters the ground.

If I do not sense a sheild: Cast wither on him

If I was able to buy some kind of explosive potion at the market I throw that at the dude on the shore and run.
Nindoro throws a takes out a flask, lights a long wick, and throws it at the man crouching by the dock. Unfortunately, the wick falls out right as it reaches him, though the flask still shatters on his back, coating him with an explosive concoction and drawing his attention. He turns just in time to see Mipe vanish in the fog.

Meanwhile, one of his companions is hit by an arrow, dies, and falls overboard, and shortly after another is entangled and charred. The leader also dies in that blast, but the man on shore turns and begins casting a spell of his own, and the fires dies out just as they get to him. This leaves him unprepared for Mipe.

He and Mipe struggle on the dock, evenly matched until Ken's entropic touch causes his muscles to atrophy sharply, and Mipe pushes him off the dock, into the waves.
[Munak can keep her oil]

Ken manages to push a wave on board, washing off the deck, (but there isn't enough to freeze someone in place, just make it slippery if you wanted.)

The assassin on the boat is standing curses in Doviello, throws his dagger and Tsanal, and rolls behind a crate, to pull out another weapon.

"keep one alive, I want to question them"

Ken attempts to create another force explosion inside the assasin's hand that will force the weapon out of his hand and knock him off his feet because it is slippery

Meanwhile, there is another warehouse next to the one that the assassin's came from. This one is painted dark blue, the color of the ocean. After the commotion of the fires and waves, an old man rushes out. Nindoro is close enough to see a crazed look in his eyes.
"My boat! What are you doing to it?" He yelled, as the assassin's chaos adept was pushed into the sea.
He runs towards the boat, but not to the ramp or the ropes; he jumps off the pier, into the waves.

Also meanwhile, those on the boat have can hear a murmur coming from below decks, coarse muffled shouts.

"This is becoming suspicious." :scared:

I throw a hairpin at the general direction of the assassin's hiding place, to prevent him peek-a-boo-ing.

[Am I hit?]
Tsanal tries to concentrate, searching for minds of possible opponents. If he finds any, he's going to send terrifying thoughts into his mind, to scare him. He will then, no matter if he finds anyone, try to teleport to the top of the mast, to get a better overview.
[If it succeedes, I would like a clear view of the situation]

Good idea. My brain was turned off at the time I wrote that post... Anyway, I hope I don't fall down from the mast :eek:

mipe gets up and notices the pale elf:
"SIR, 4 attacked us, and probably some more hidden somewhere, you should go somewhere safe before someone attacks you SIR!"
*mipe picks up his staff and walks near pale elf to protect him from any danger what may come*

Top Bottom