Things you didn't know that Civ 5 had.

Rebellion due to unhappyness. I played a self-imposed ICC game, I think I was doing a cultural victory. Japan took a lead and ended up conquering most of the world, I had been the only one not to fight Japan. With victory something like 30 turns away and with a tech lead and lots of money I declared war on Japan and starting buying Mechanized Infantry every turn. I steam rolled about half of Japan's empire racking up lots of unhappyness. Then Japan came with a surrender, offering every single city except his new capital. I accepted and suddenly I had more unhappyness then I'd ever seen, enough to start making rebel anti-air units appear around my capital. I was able to deal with the rebels and proceed with Utopia. With one turn until victory the peace treaty ran out and I declared war on Japan again, taking his captial in one turn with the force I had waiting on his border.

Rebellion due to unhappyness. I played a self-imposed ICC game, I think I was doing a cultural victory. Japan took a lead and ended up conquering most of the world, I had been the only one not to fight Japan. With victory something like 30 turns away and with a tech lead and lots of money I declared war on Japan and starting buying Mechanized Infantry every turn. I steam rolled about half of Japan's empire racking up lots of unhappyness. Then Japan came with a surrender, offering every single city except his new capital. I accepted and suddenly I had more unhappyness then I'd ever seen, enough to start making rebel anti-air units appear around my capital. I was able to deal with the rebels and proceed with Utopia. With one turn until victory the peace treaty ran out and I declared war on Japan again, taking his captial in one turn with the force I had waiting on his border.

Yea.. that is totally not Oda, never seen that (completely ignoring the fact you are talking about the rebellion) xD.

city production queues. never knew this was available until i watched a davemcw lp earlier tonight. gonna try that out to help me stay on track with what i want to build.

I played with Isabella and found the natural wonders in the water called great barrier reef very early in the game.

Anyway, Isabellas bonus for finding the wonders first granted med 1.000 gold, which I promptly used for two new settlers, one of which I used to build a city near the reefs.

I then purchased the reefs tiles, to find out that each of them (playing Isabella) gave:

+4 food, +2 production, +2 gold and +4 science !!!

That was ONE tile. Together they brought the double amount.

From there the rest of the game was autowin. My human opponents resigned quickly as I was getting far to quickly ahead.

I played with Isabella and found the natural wonders in the water called great barrier reef very early in the game.

Anyway, Isabellas bonus for finding the wonders first granted med 1.000 gold, which I promptly used for two new settlers, one of which I used to build a city near the reefs.

I then purchased the reefs tiles, to find out that each of them (playing Isabella) gave:

+4 food, +2 production, +2 gold and +4 science !!!

That was ONE tile. Together they brought the double amount.

From there the rest of the game was autowin. My human opponents resigned quickly as I was getting far to quickly ahead.

Actually, you get +8 food, +4 production +4 gold +8 science, the map generator always spawns two tiles, and if you're lucky, you should get two of the tiles, meaning you get QUADRUAPLE of the bonuses.

exactly that! ;-)

and you got them in MP. that is truly devastating. im playing a deity game where i found the great barrier reef first but its in a CS territory. im fending off 2 DoW's but i will definitely be taking that CS. i also found the Barringer Crater first. by turn 20 or so i had 1700gold. i rush bought a library for my 3rd city and a granary for my production city and 3 warriors and 2 archers and im a couple turns from taking Paris. then that CS and onward. it's like turn 50 or so. it kind of sucks because this is the best deity start ive had and i can still screw it up. im hoping for my first deity dom vic.

Just discovered that if you steal a worker from CS's twice, you never get gold for meeting any CS *ever again*. Also most CS influence reduces at 2/turn, and at least 1 CS will rest at -20 influence.

In other words, NEVER steal two!! :p

Random Personalities... doesn't make things that much random. Ok, Augustus Caesar takes Autocracy... but then so does Genghis Khan (who does it freaking everytime) and Dido unsurprisingly takes Order along with Persia.

Come on guis, make random personalities something like everyone takes Autocracy, even if he is Gandhi.

Top Bottom