Rebase aircraft

sbrown5259

Chieftain
I can't figure out how to rebase aircraft. I have no idea what I'm supposed to see. I get the hanger icon but I can't get it to actually DO anything.

Click the rebase icon and then left click the city you want to go to. If it is in range (double the strike range of the aircraft), the aircraft will fly to the new city. When you click the rebase icon a range circle appears around the unit to show you which cities are within the rebase range.

its much easier to see the range in strategic view. so try doing it in strategic view next time.

Click the rebase icon and then left click the city you want to go to. If it is in range (double the strike range of the aircraft), the aircraft will fly to the new city. When you click the rebase icon a range circle appears around the unit to show you which cities are within the rebase range.

When I select rebase I get a circle around the city the airplane is in. Nothing else.

It appears the range is set to zero, or maybe one. I have NO IDEA why or how to change it.

:cry:

THis game is more obtuse than WINDOWS> If I can't figure it out soon I'm going back to Civ 4

Perhaps this is a bug. Please post a save game that illustrates the behavior so that someone else can take a look. Thanks!

Perhaps this is a bug. Please post a save game that illustrates the behavior so that someone else can take a look. Thanks!

Thanks. Here it is. The fighter is in Frankfurt.

This is my first game. I'm focused on the mechanics. I'd appreciate any guidance.

The problem here seems to be that the "range" is set to 0. I remember seeing another post somewhere implying there is a setting somewhere for this. But the reference made no sense to me.

This is my first attempt to attach a file. I hope it works.

Attachments

• Bismarck_0295 AD-1850.Civ5Save
    579.9 KB · Views: 250
Your file attached fine. Thanks.

The rebase function works for me as expected. Perhaps you're having a problem because the range is so large. Try this: Zoom out as far as possible. Go to strategic view. Now select the rebase icon. You should see a large flashing area that represents the rebase range. Left-click any city within the range. The fighter should fly to that base. You also can see this in normal view: Go back to the save file. Again, zoom out to the maximum. Now recenter the map so that Frankfurt is at the far left of the screen. Yekaterinburg should be on the far right (unless your maximum zoom level is different than mine). Again select the rebase icon. You should see a blue line near Yekaterinburg that represents the boundary of the rebase range. If you don't see any of this (in either view), please post your DxDiag file (see my sig) so we can see your graphics information.

Your file attached fine. Thanks.

The rebase function works for me as expected. Perhaps you're having a problem because the range is so large. Try this: Zoom out as far as possible. Go to strategic view. Now select the rebase icon. You should see a large flashing area that represents the rebase range. Left-click any city within the range. The fighter should fly to that base. You also can see this in normal view: Go back to the save file. Again, zoom out to the maximum. Now recenter the map so that Frankfurt is at the far left of the screen. Yekaterinburg should be on the far right (unless your maximum zoom level is different than mine). Again select the rebase icon. You should see a blue line near Yekaterinburg that represents the boundary of the rebase range. If you don't see any of this (in either view), please post your DxDiag file (see my sig) so we can see your graphics information.

That worked. Thanks! :) Don't know why I didn't see it the first time.

Top Bottom