Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Awww sweet :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's working. I manually dled the patch and installed it and it worked. So I guess I really just wasen't fully patched. The screen where I could click to "check for updates" really screwed me up.

Thanks a ton for everyones help!!

The best part is that my advanced starts didn't work at all. I just didn't get anyone option to place stuff on the map (ie no green square I kept hearing about). And I just checked the advanced start and it works perfectly now.

Yeah, you gotta be careful with the 'check for updates' option.

Thank you for your replies.

just to avoid confusion:
you can install this patch in any case and it will not interfere with any mod - but if the mod comes with its own .dll it will ignore Bhruic's patch :)

I'm not at the computer with Civ4 installed on it so I may get the paths slightly wrong, but just to make sure I understand, the fixed .dll goes in .../BTS/Assets/ and if the mod doesn't have its own .dll it would read from there. If it does have its own .dll it would reside in .../BTS/Mods/[Your Mod here]/Assests/ and read that file and ignore the fixed one in .../BTS/Assets/. Correct?

Fixed a WoC bug with FFH2 . Don't Know if it can happen in the regular BtS but i see nothing that can prevent that to happen in the regular game too :

description : when updating the units . A group try to load a ship that is not at the plot , split and and push the mission MOVE_TO_UNIT , but the mission fail (in my case because the new group can't generate a path) , so the group stay in place and CvUnitAI::AI_load return true . Then , on the next update some of this units merge with another group . And then try to load again the ship ... this result a WoC :

Not sure the fix in the best but , you will probably modify that as it must be . In CvUnitAI::AI_load at the end :

Code:
			if (pSplitGroup != NULL)
			{
				//if (!generatePath(pSplitGroup->plot(), pBestUnit->plot(), iFlags))
				//{
				//	return false;
				//}

CvPlot* pOldPlot = pSplitGroup->plot();

pSplitGroup->pushMission(MISSION_MOVE_TO_UNIT, pBestUnit->getOwnerINLINE(), pBestUnit->getID(), iFlags, false, false, eMissionAI, NULL, pBestUnit);

if (pSplitGroup != NULL)
				{
					if (pSplitGroup->plot() == pOldPlot)
					{
						return false;
					}
				}

return true;
			}

Let me know what you think .

Tcho !

I just reinstalled BTS. Do you want me to re-extract the files?

Ignore my previous post :blush: I had also been posting stuff about the official patch and confused both :lol:
after installing the 3.13 patch (the official one) just use grumbler's installer to install this unofficial patch and it should work. If you want to actually compare both with and without Bhruic's changes just install this patch as a mod (the installer allows this) then you can switch between both...

Ignore my previous post :blush: I had also been posting stuff about the official patch and confused both :lol:
after installing the 3.13 patch (the official one) just use grumbler's installer to install this unofficial patch and it should work. If you want to actually compare both with and without Bhruic's changes just install this patch as a mod (the installer allows this) then you can switch between both...
Thanks a lot ori. I've tried playing the game without Bhruics patch and it's horrible. It's good to see that culture sign again.

I got an error right at the end of installation. I had to ignore it and the patch seems to work fine. I just thought I'd let you know just in case.

Step 1. Install Civ 4
Step 2. Install BTS
Step 3. Install BTS patch v3.13
Step 4. Install Bhruic's patch
Step 5. Play the game.

Please make this post a pop up advertisement across the whole site, just to stop this endless tirade of confused people :lol:

Good show, grumbler.

Wodan

Top Bottom