AI on Atari ST version seriously flawed

Revenant

Warlord
I grew up playing Civ on the Atari ST. And I loved it but thought it was too easy even on emperor. Reading these forums however it seems that the DOS version features much better AI. On mine it was rare for opponents to get even as far as conscription. It says something that when an AI actually played a good game it stuck in my memory. Maybe in about a dozen games out of hundreds (my brothers also played this a lot) there was actually a challenge. The screenshot shows the same sad story played out game after game. Cities in constant disorder, little or no irrigation. Berlin is just out of shot, size 3. It's the only German city, but they hadn't built any others. Besides this, they would frequently move their palace, occasionally twice in a turn. Sometimes they would just have no palace, as though they sold it.

I'm guessing this is nothing like the pc version so I'm wondering, why the huge difference?

I'd love if DOS players would give some feedback about that version's AI.

When I moved to civ2 I remember being amazed that other civs always kept up in technology! Even if they did keep moving the palace a lot ;)

Attachments

• Typical.jpg
    Typical.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 154
[...]It's the only German city, but they hadn't built any others. Besides this, they would frequently move their palace, occasionally twice in a turn. Sometimes they would just have no palace, as though they sold it.[...]

I'm so confused :crazyeye: ...if Germans had only one city, where would they move their palace?

Top Bottom