I hope that a bunch of new interesting resolutions will come in the fall patc

pthieu1986

Warlord
I hope that a bunch of new interesting resolutions will come in the fall patch as everyone in the community has contributed. Late-game Congress conventions are extremely ruined by a vicious cycle of embargos and luxury bans:cry:

A player should be allowed to abstain as well. Why do I have to propose something? Also, you should be able to break treaties but pay a penalty. Like if they pass a nuke ban, you can still build them at some kind of cost penalty and everyone will be mad at you. Be more realistic and interesting.

Best not to get one's hopes up in a patch. You might be disappointed and then it won't be as fun for you.

A playhttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=121315er should be allowed to abstain as well. Why do I have to propose something? Also, you should be able to break treaties but pay a penalty. Like if they pass a nuke ban, you can still build them at some kind of cost penalty and everyone will be mad at you. Be more realistic and interesting.

That would by-pass the purpose of the feature. The WC works by providing benefits at a cost. If you don't lead it, you leave much of the voting to chance unless you work to buy votes. If you lead it, you pick the resolution but the cost is that you have few choices that won't make other civs angry or happy with you, so you must balance the potential benefits with your other diplomatic plans. The mechanic that the proposals have diplomatic effects allow the player to manipulate global diplomacy in creative ways (eg: by proposing things that are slightly detrimental to you but that will give you a diplo bonus with some civs you wish to befriend, or another e.g. Alex is very angry when you vote against a proposal of his (twice he DoWed me over that.. it was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back anyway). Instead of doing that you buy the votes of as many of his friends as you can but you give Alex a single one of your votes. He'll be happy with you for voting yes, and at the same time you just draw a wedge between him and his AI friends.

I think the WC should stay that way even if they add a few interesting new proposals down the line (it could use more diversity and options).

Why don't you propose stuff that is useful to you?

I find it hard to believe that you don't want any resolution passed.

I totally agree even if I'm head of congress the entire game I will still Run out of things to propose that aren't guaranteed to start world war 3. Once you got world religion and ideology passed there is little else available to actually benefit you, the projects are nice but the two useful ones come before the lack of new proposals is an issue. I usually end up proposing natural heritage sites 3-5 sessions per game and never voting for it to make sure I can propose it again. Its also useful because the ai loves to waste their votes against it meaning you can easily defeat the lousy proposals (CS embargo cough cough....) the clueless ai spits out

Hi everyone, have you tried the new fall patch yet? How does it solve the vicious circle of embargos and luxury bans in late games?

There are definitely times when all possible resolutions are extremely marginal for you (or more beneficial for your opponents), or would piss off people you don't want to piss off.

There are definitely times when all possible resolutions are extremely marginal for you (or more beneficial for your opponents), or would piss off people you don't want to piss off.

Sure maybe eventually, but he said he does it the whole game basically which implies he never finds ANY vote beneficial.

Even if I don't find one that will benefit me, I often vote for proposals that will get me positive modifiers with others.

I totally agree even if I'm head of congress the entire game I will still Run out of things to propose that aren't guaranteed to start world war 3. Once you got world religion and ideology passed there is little else available to actually benefit you, the projects are nice but the two useful ones come before the lack of new proposals is an issue. I usually end up proposing natural heritage sites 3-5 sessions per game and never voting for it to make sure I can propose it again. Its also useful because the ai loves to waste their votes against it meaning you can easily defeat the lousy proposals (CS embargo cough cough....) the clueless ai spits out

I actually generally vote for the CS embargo, especially if I'm leader. It means potentially more trade routes sent to you (since they can't send them to city-states) and it also makes passing embargoes on other civs that much more devastating. If you're playing peaceful and pass both embargoes+standing army tax, you can pretty much stop a runaway civ in its tracks. Worst comes to worst, you can always pass a luxury ban if you have a stubborn competitor that won't trade with you.

I find the selection far too narrow, and the effects too limited. Where are things like End World Hunger (C.A.R.E.), Improve World Health (World Health Organization), Develop Backwards City States (Peace Corps), etc.? All of these things could easily be done along the same lines as the World Fair and the International games by donating Food, Research, money, besides just production. And why can't World Fairs and International Games be repeated (possibly with diminishing rewards as the novelty wears off)? And Embargo City States? Anyone voting Aye for that should see their CS Influence drop to -50 for every City State. (And how self-destructive does that make the Allied CSs for those civs voting Aye for the proposal?)

because I don't have enough votes to get world religion or world ideology passed on my own and I don't want to annoy all the other civs by proposing something they dislike.

AI is also fundamentally stupid when it comes to voting, The huns rejected Natural Heritage sites, even though Lake Victoria and Barringer Crater were in their territory! +10 culture for free? No, thanks.

Well, from now i can guess the game developers made no efforts to improve this annoying issue.

Top Bottom