If you could mix and match three uniques, what would you choose?

Fredgerd

Warlord
For OPness or just for fun/silliness.

Assume that you must have at least one UU and exactly one (no more or less) UA. Third slot can be a tile, unit or building.

Personally I'd be pretty exited for Japan UA with Kris Swordsman and Ikanda for superhero units.

For OPness I'd probably take Korea UA, Pathfinder and Coffee House.

Oh man, the possibilities....
Having Persia's UA with Brazil's UU would be nifty.

I can see people choosing England's UA, their second UU and the Dutch UU.
That's a very strong mid game navy.

Oh, also Byzantine UA with Pictish Warrior and Stele and desert start bias for super religion

and Greek UA with Merchant of Venice and Paper Maker

The Aztec UB (Floating Gardens), England's first UU (Longbow) and the Greek UA (Hellenic League)

Growth, military punch which is upgradeable, and abundant resources (especially food for even more growth.)

Spice Islanders+ bazaar + impi
Shaka adventures on silk road>>> everything

Hmm good question. Mayan Pyramid is a no-brainer, easily the most imbalanced UB in the game imo. For UU, I'd probably chose the Longbowman, although the Camel Archer is also pretty sweet. As for UA, Korea and Spain are so poorly balanced I'll leave those out ... I love the Mayan UA, and Polands UA also is quite nice, so I'd probably chose one of those.

Greek UA, German UB, Mongolian UU.

Yeah, they don't even synergize :)

For OCC:
Venetian UA, German UB, Mongolian UU.

With that there's finally some direct synergy!

Hmm, for another unique one though: Siam UA
Merchant of Venice (technically different and not part of the Venice UA, although you won't get a free one after Optics)
Nau
Costal Bias

The goal here is to get city states really quickly and have them be really powerful, and might even make great merchants better than great scientists.

Incan UA
Units ignore terrain costs when moving into any tile with Hills. No maintenance costs for improvements in Hills; half cost elsewhere.

Chinese UB
Paper maker, +1 science for ever to citizens, +2 gold, no maintenance cost. Comes early with writing so will give you benefits for the whole game.

English UU
Ship of the Line. Well, it is just awesome.

That civilization should be rolling in money and be able to buy buildings and focus production on wonders.

Great Andean Road
Terrace Farms
Camel Archers
Hill Bias

Your cities are huge. Oh, and you have everyone else's cities.

Pathfinder + burial tombs + India happiness game breaker.

size 12 cities that give more happiness than they cost, fast and easy.

Here are my combos:
- Venice UA, Ethiopian UU, Dutch UI (coast + river start bias still there) for fast growth of one city, hopefully if capital is situated on a river and mehal sefari when the game gets interesting with ideologies.
- Songhai UA (or China UA), Arab UU (or English longbowmen), Assyrian UU for epic loot and conquering
- Shoshone UA, Arab UB, Spanish conquistador
- Inca UA, Zulu UU, Mongolian Khan (add hill bias)

Top Bottom