PolyCast Episode 184: "Another Chorus of Hallelujah"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Coming in loud and clear. The one-hundred-and-eighty-fourth episode of PolyCast, "Another Chorus of Hallelujah", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host "Peng Qi". Carrying a runtime of 59m59s, the summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m02s | News
All about the first public beta of a patch for Civilization V: Brave New World expected later this year; after Balance considerations, Artificial Intelligence (19m58s) and assorted other changes (31m45s) are reviewed.
- 41m15s | Miscellaneous
Taking in a refreshing and welcome interview with Civ developer Firaxis Games co-founder Sid Meier, and then how to enable and use the CivV Achievement Log (49m03s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Breaking a regular panelist, standard standards, programming a better victory block, the real reason for reading a particular piece of feedback and clarifying departure time.

On the introduction of air caps to cities in Beta; I think the timing of this indicates its simply because in the Beta, the Japanese Zero uses Zero oil.
Without limits, Japan could make their cities basically immune from air strikes as their opponent would run out of oil before they could clear their Zeros.

I'm thinking if they really wanted to limit air force concentration vs ground force concentration to ratios seen in Civ IV BTS that a city would start with a cap of 3 aircraft and max out with an airport at 6 while an aircraft carrier would be limited to 2 aircraft.

On the introduction of air caps to cities in Beta; I think the timing of this indicates its simply because in the Beta, the Japanese Zero uses Zero oil.
Without limits, Japan could make their cities basically immune from air strikes as their opponent would run out of oil before they could clear their Zeros.
While I don't believe this was the only reason, it was enough of a reason alone.

Top Bottom