Ancient Era Naval War

Callonia

Deity
By now, I have now done everything that is there to do in Civ 5, I finally got my Ancient Era naval war at last even when it was only against barbarians! This was obscenely hard to get because it didn't occur until today.

Although I now have a capital that is basically a city of gods in terms of it's invincibility to assault and take. It's protected by mountains by land, and protected by triremes in sea. If AIs had emotions they would cry when they see it. They probably accuse me of hacks. But the trade off? There's absolutely no where I can expand to, no good 2nd city sites at all xD The capital is only good site except for one island I spy with about eight fishes.... with all fishes in three workable hex from city hex, I haven't gotten it colonized yet but it'll be my 4th city.

There's tons and tons of barbarian Galleys and Triremes trying to kill me but failing miserably.

Although that's about all what I can do at the moment.... I can't quite assault the barbarian strongholds yet, so I content myself with sinking their galleys and triremes, Happily.
Spoiler :

And to the west of me, I discover Shaka attempting to shakalize the city of Almaty.
With Warriors and archers upon the walled city of Almaty with composite bowmen. <_<
Spoiler :

Oh and yes this is with the patch installed, civ 5 got the fall patch installed today.

Don't settle cities with more than 1 shore access tile when near Dido, or you'll lose that city to quinquispam :) That was my experience from my only ever ancient era naval war.

Top Bottom