Highly recommend!

Buccaneer

Deity
I just spent all week playing my first AoD2 game and I was very impressed with most of the changes. Not knowing how I needed to adjust by strategy, I played it like a regular Civ4Col game (which was incredible easy) and needless to say, I got my butt whooped at the Patriot level. There were two things that caused this: the much higher cost of Guns and of course, the incredible numbers and strengths of the REF. In Civ4Col, I would easily win being outnumbered 3:1 but not in AoD2. Not only did they have much greater numbers, but they were much stronger units too (much to my chagrin when I saw the 6-strength Dragoons). And, they basically came all at once instead of piecemeal. Not chance whatsover to defeat the REF like I used to do. Now I'm going to have to learn how to play AoD2 and that's cool.

My only quibble was the land size. I played on a Huge map with FaireWeather and it was not until the end that I realized that there were two large continents. That made exploration (esp. with me playing as the Portugese) somewhat irrelevant since the one continent wasn't that big. I had looked forward to playing on a much larger Huge map than normal but I guess it was bad luck to have had it split into two smaller landmasses.

Ok, what is the basic strategy in combating a REF that has:

42 Regulars (Strength 4, I think)
26 Dragoons (Strength 6)
19 Artillery (Strength 5)

Is it to have an over-clocked trade system that can obtain/build twice as many units as the REF? Does the difficulty level affect the REF's units base strength?

From the time I switched over to LB to Revolution was "only" 25 years. Would having more, bigger cities accelerate the Rebel Sentiment so the REF doesn't grow as big? In other words, how do you beat a REF with those Strength numbers?

Top Bottom