Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

And I wouldn't mind it. Having it be a ritual performed by completely unfitting civs (the SHEAIM?!) is so wrong.

Yeah, anything.

I mean, the game was pretty much still starting (turn 100 or so) and the Sheaim were wasting 50+ turns on making Liberation.

Adding the White Hand preq also shoves Liberation back a bit. You would have to beeline elementalism and then grab philosophy if you're the Illians. Everyone else has to wait until they tech White Hand.

It's actually a really nice way to keep the Frozen from popping up until midgame.

I've got one neither-so-fresh-nor-original idea.
It is about nomad civ mechanism - it could be new civilization or merged into Clan or Doviello or something.
It would need much work to polish it and I am not a moder - so I won't start new thread until somebody would be interested in doing such a modmod ;)
Main mechanism:
- You build a city -> you have got more food, hammers and coins from raw plots -> you terraform lands inside your cultural borders into something useless after some time (something like Mazatl, FoL, D'tesh - but opposite) -> you are forced to move out so you abbadon city and move somewhere else -> exploited plots will return to their basic usefulness after some time, so you could return there or it would be taken by other civ.

Some other ideas/thoughs about that:
- I have seen mechanism of abadoning city in RoM ar AND.
- When you have no pernament city, you will not be able to build anything in it (buildings, wonders etc.) so maybe you will get some free buildings when you settle (it may depend on techs).
- You should not be able to build improvements - and especially forts.
- Your units should not have prereq - or maybe only resources.
- Your army should be cheaper - you will not have strong economy.
- You should have limited number of settlers and cities.
- You probably won't be able to adopt religion.
- You probably can't win by Altar, culture, towers, religion - you have left military, time (I don't like this one;) ) and domination (it could be hard).

I am very sorry for my english ;)

I love RifE and thank you for that :)

Would it be possible to have an option of not including Haunted Lands in your game?

In the prior version you could 'chop' the Haunted Lands tiles with Workers early on. I still haven't figured out how to get rid of this stuff in 1.3. ;)

Arguably, perhaps it should not be in the game if the Scions are not present. Just my opinion.

The reason it drives me a little mad is the effects you get when you just happen to stumble on or through a Haunted Lands tile. The 70% damage is tough, but the worst thing is getting that Estranged promotion which, in my experience, just about has a 100% chance your unit will go barb. I had a 200+ XP Hero of Foxford Ranger go barb on me because he happened to pass through a Haunted Lands tile.

Sometimes, you cannot avoid the tiles. For example, when you have to kill an enemy/barb unit on one. Or the weird thing that happens when a road is involved and the path takes you right over the tile.

It's true that Haunted Lands don't always give you a bad effect, but when they do it can be very bad.

An option possible?

• Possible, but I don't really want to give them much in the arcane line honestly.

Well, they can already build Alchemy lab, it's just that it trains arcane units currently.(Gives them experiences, not creating them.) And I just found it odd for them to have alchemy labs(And alchemists for that matter.) which also trains arcane units, presumably through some kind of exchange student programme. :p

Im happy to say that the turn times are very fast :)
Currently Im visiting my parents and playing marathon game as amurites, large map and 20 civs.
at turn >900 game is quick even in my busted old laptop :lol:

Why arn't the Mechanos blocked from getting any arcane tech past the 4 schools. It doesn't really effect players, but is still odd and can make for (minor) exploitation in tech trading with the AI.

Re: Liberation.

There's a large aspect of what's in it for me? Unless I want to swicth and play the Frozen, I don't have any incentive to use the ritual. Possibilities include free Ice Mana and/or the capacity to resurrect heroes from Age of Ice (Epona - Amurites, Lugh - Doviello, Malus - Lanun and The Great Stag - Anyone else)

Of course, what's in it for me could also apply to other rituals. Rites of Oghma should provide the caster with a free Metamagic Mana and Natures Revolt could provide a free Nature Node.

As for requests, Aforess Advanced Diplomacy - which allows you to build Embassies (for a diplomatic boost), trade contact with other nations and gain Right of Passage (but not Open Borders - surely a Sidar tactic) - looks like an interesting one. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=373463 for more details.

Why arn't the Mechanos blocked from getting any arcane tech past the 4 schools. It doesn't really effect players, but is still odd and can make for (minor) exploitation in tech trading with the AI.

This would be very unfair in my opinion, they'd lose alchemy lab +4 sci +10% sci, Crown of Akhalien +2 sci +100& sci +2 cul +2 great person wonder, scholarship civic
, rites of oghma, birthright, gates(teleportation, trade routers) and much more... Or most importantly, they'd lose future tech. While I fully agree some of these seem strange with a non-magic anti-theistic civ(rites of Oghma), without counterparts or some other additions in other areas, it'd take away a lot of options and cripple them heavily late to very late game.((And without future tech, absolute kill them for endless//peaceful games :p ...Many of these techs are still useful to Mechanos.

Isn't future tech useless for them?

I believe future tech(+1 health and happiness in all cities) would only be useless for the D'Tesh and Frozen, everyone else is still limited by either the health or happiness cap. Scions and calabim to a lesser extent, though still limited.

Unless the mechanos have changed completely from what they are in orbis.

hahahahahaha, for some reason I thought you were talking about the D'tesh, I have absolutely no idea why I would think that, especially since it's their favored tech line >.<. Complete brain fart there.

Doviello: the gameplay with the animals is kind of bugging me... I have tons of wolves, bears etc. but the only thing I can do with them is build one cage or give them blood rage (I hope I can do so with animal handling tech) with only one of them or build their special building - but tons of animals are still there and I don't want to send them all in a senseless fight just to sacrifice them... if I'm not getting the point or if I'm doing something completly wrong I think there should be some rethinking. I like the way Orbis handles the doviello + animals. One promo per sacrified animal per unit...
And why can't I build packs anymore when using the worldspell. Was a nice thing...

And: I can't explore animal lairs with the doviello anymore. Is really bugging when you have a piece of Cernunnos-Territory in your own lands without having the possibility to get rid of it. Or is it possible?

Greez,

Tschuggi

I like the way Orbis handles the doviello + animals. One promo per sacrified animal per unit...
This is how it will be handled in rife too. Expect that change in one of the next patches.

The thing with farms, mines, and camps finding resources they can't use is still bugging me. If we can't have (nerfed) quarries, plantations, and pastures available for build more or less anywhere, is there any chance you could add some code to make the farms, mines, and camps "upgrade" to the appropriate improvement when they're on such a resource?

Top Bottom