Crusader Kings 2

And that's as indepth as the technology goes?

As far as I know, but I am brand new at this game so I could be completely wrong and would love additional info :)

I might play as the Duke of Northumberland, then... Duke of my local area. :D

Hehe, I tried the Earl of Buchan in my game for the same reason. It got bloody fast :(

I think the Duke of York controls Northumberland as a vassal. I found him a good one to try and learn the ropes with in the post-William the Conqueror campaign.

I'm playing Munster and working my way north through Ireland. I might try the Duke of Gloucester at some point. :)

How does the scoring system work? Is it a score of your whole dynasty or just your character? The score only seems to be added upon your character's death, but if your brothers are kings of a foreign land and your children are heirs to others, is this factored in the scores somehow?

I'm playing Munster and working my way north through Ireland. I might try the Duke of Gloucester at some point. :)

Playing Munster us quit easy as I explained earlier. I hope a mod or a fix will come out where you can play as Non-Christian states. Does anyone know how you can convert to a different christian group, because when I was playing with Bosnia I wanted to convert to Bogumilist.

I had my chaplain try and convince me to convert to Fratacelli. I think it's just a random event.

Spoiler :
I chopped his head off. :evil:

I installed the patches and DLC's but all of the coat of arms of the game got mixed up! Venice has a crescent on their coat of arms, England has some black COA wit a red and white cross, the HRE has the COA of Mainz instead of the Eagle as it should... HOW CAN I FIX THIS AND IS THERE A WAY TO UNINSTALL THE PATCHES WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THE GAME

P.S Anyone want to play a multiplayer game tomorrow night?

I installed the patches and DLC's but all of the coat of arms of the game got mixed up! Venice has a crescent on their coat of arms, England has some black COA wit a red and white cross, the HRE has the COA of Mainz instead of the Eagle as it should... HOW CAN I FIX THIS AND IS THERE A WAY TO UNINSTALL THE PATCHES WITHOUT UNINSTALLING THE GAME

P.S Anyone want to play a multiplayer game tomorrow night?

While I don't have this game, with Paradox you usually have to uninstall the entire game and then reinstall the game (and don't patch it). Make a copy of your save file on the side, and it should work fine.

Try deinstalling and reinstalling the DLC. I believe that's a known bug.

Yes you have to reinstall the COA dlc, you can do it in the ingame store. Previous saves should be compatible with the new patch even though it gives you a message ingame that it isn't.

Started a new game in the 1150's as Eleonore de Poitou at the start of the Angevin empire. I'm the ex wife of the Capet king of France and wife of Henry II Plantagenet and have children with both. Of course Henry had to have an accident so I could continue the Poitou dynasty, but very interesting with family drama in so high places while I am only Count of 3 provinces.

I'd advice anyone to remember to check out other start dates than 1066, there are a hell of a lot of interesting scenarios. I can't even imagine how much research had to go in to making presentable start dates all the way to 1337.

What luck! In my Duchy of Northumberland game, I had two daughters and managed to marry them off to the princes of England! Shame they weren't matrilineal marriages, but it's still good I suppose. ;) Also, I managed to execute the first in line to the throne, so my first born daughter is betrothed to the first in line to the throne.

My aim is to take my duchy to glory; to break free from England's shackles and go it alone, and maybe even restore the kingdom with proper, northern leaders. ;) Any tips on how I should go about this? Currently I'm waiting and biding my time. I'm building markets in my cities/churches/castles, expanding my troop facilities, trying to squeeze the peasants for every penny I can. But it seems to be a slow process. Before I do any of that, however, I want to have all of the de jure counties of York and Northumberland under my control.. unfortunately meaning I'll have to war with Scotland and England, unless I can do some very clever diplomacy.

Attachments

• 2012-02-18_00003.jpg
    2012-02-18_00003.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 2012-02-18_00002.jpg
    2012-02-18_00002.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-02-18_00001.jpg
    2012-02-18_00001.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 116
I found, much to my surprise, Ethiopian nations (Axum and Abyssinia) are in fact playable, (due to their religion being an Orthodox heresy) so I decided to try out one. Playing as the King of Abyssinia (the southern one)

Doing fairly well, actually. I conquered the Muslim nation to my east (Harer something or another) so I now control the Horn of Africa. The Shia Caliphate (which is crying aloud for a nerfing in the next patch; it controls everything up to my borders, and up to Sanaa, and up to Antioch, and it did this and more in my Galicia game as well) ate up Axum before I could get there, and I have had to reload twice due to them DOWing me when I have no possible mercenaries and they can field an army 5x my size. Other than that, my country is financially prosprous, administratively very stable, and militarily as much of a power as I can possibly be, sitting in the southeast corner of the map.

I have my sights set on Sanaa (I have not checked if there is a strait from Africa to Aden, it would not make a huge difference either way)

If you are looking for a unique game (Ethiopians use the Muslim char models, but are Monophysite) I recommend Abyssinia.

I don't understand why the earlship in the South East of England is held in Surrey, Historically that as been the least important of the three counties. Looking at Leofwine Godwinson (The earl in the game) he is listed as an earl of Kent on every site i can find, and although he was earl of Surrey he wasn't of Sussex.

Ok, that is my local history rant over.

I love naming kids. My twins, Prince Luke and Princess Leia have earned their big brother Prince Lando's respect. :p

On the Paradox forum, one of our members received two copies of the CK-II game. He has put the spare copy up for grabs. Interested parties just need to download the official game Demo, play a full demo game (20 years, 1066-1086) as one of the four allowed characters, and write it up as a short AAR. The rest of the forum will then read the AAR submissions, and vote on which player should get the free game copy.

Since I am unemployed and can't afford to buy the game, I am competing for the prize... playing as the Dowager Duchess Matilda di Canossa of Toscana and Spoleto.

The thread is in the Paradox Off-Topic section, for any who are interested in reading the AAR submissions. My write-up is now about half done.

I restarted as the King of Leon and I'm having a hard time finding marriage partners for all my kids. Between my three wives, numerous mistresses & their legitimized bastards... Well, I currently have 15 kids 12 of whom are still minors and the two remaining Christian Kingdoms in Iberia are ruled by my cousins both of whom also have huge families so even if I can get someone to agree to marry one of my kids there is a fair chance they're related so I can't have them marry without getting the inbreeding negative bonus.

I'd marry my daughters off to my vassals but they tend to rebel in short order and I don't want to end up having to execute some of my own family members and getting the kinslayer trait. On the upside I currently have the law where all the titles go to the eldest son so he'll get five kingships, and six or seven dukedoms.

I'd be interested... time permitting. It's very difficult to get people together all at the same time from across the world.

Top Bottom