3-square radius cities mod

RogerBacon said:
I haven't heard anything about that. What new modding features are in there?

Not sure exactly what zulu9812 is referring to, but imo the new Great Wall wonder alone makes Warlords worth its 30 dollars, I love the wall it puts up following your culture boarder. It offers a large potential for modification. :)

RogerBacon said:
Add this to your GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

[CODE
<Define>
<DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>4</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
[/CODE]

Roger Bacon

Unfortunately AI civs will ignore this and still use the default of 2, sometimes. Sometimes the AI will follow the 4 spaces rule other times it will not. I have tried a couple things but have come to the conclusion that there is a default value set in the exe and can not be changed.

Hello Konradius, Hello RogerBacon

I'v downloaded Three Square Radius Cities Mod - Warlords version - by Konradius and since I have no clue what I'm doing I'v copied it over the same file (same size too) in my Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\ and somehow the game started normally with Amra's Mod loaded, should I expect problems later on or is it safe to go on with the game ?

Thanks
David

simkodavid said:
Hello Konradius, Hello RogerBacon

I'v downloaded Three Square Radius Cities Mod - Warlords version - by Konradius and since I have no clue what I'm doing I'v copied it over the same file (same size too) in my Warlords\Mods\Amra's Modpack v2\Assets\ and somehow the game started normally with Amra's Mod loaded, should I expect problems later on or is it safe to go on with the game ?

Thanks
David

Should be no problem. The only problem that can occur is if you start a game without this mod and then add it in. Saved games won't work in that case because the saved games' cities don't have an array large enough to hold all of the workable squares.

Roger Bacon

Question 1:

Why does the warlords download not seem to be available? I checked the site and there seems to be no download link, nothing but spam and garbage from add-company's.

Question 2:

Is anybody willing to make this compatible with warlords 24 civs as u can have only one DLL file.

Question 3:

if not, then show me the way so I can make it for u people:D

MHKnights said:
Unfortunately AI civs will ignore this and still use the default of 2, sometimes. Sometimes the AI will follow the 4 spaces rule other times it will not. I have tried a couple things but have come to the conclusion that there is a default value set in the exe and can not be changed.

So is this unbalanced?

Hey RogerBacon, could you please upload the files to the CivFanatics FileDatabase so that we can all get to it with out having to fight offsite downloading.

Jeckel said:
Hey RogerBacon, could you please upload the files to the CivFanatics FileDatabase so that we can all get to it with out having to fight offsite downloading.

Uploaded it here

Roger Bacon

I've really enjoyed this mod, finding greater flexibility in city placement since my cities will never get that large anyway (on this difficulty level).

I'm hoping to play using this in the new Composite XL mod. To try to merge the code into their CvGameCoreDLL.dll file, do I need to ask if they can post their CvCity.cpp, CvDefines.h, and CvGlobals.cpp source files? (This is in regard to "3 Squares" but not necessarily "Borders over Ocean")

I haven't compiled .dll files before, so thanks if you can help me with the above direction!

TheLopez said:
Impaler, actually, I already have a working version of RogerBacon's code with a boolean flag to prevent the 3rd ring.

I know that you are doing much work on your own mods, but is there a chance to see that in action?

Matze

I run warlords 2.08. Can someone make the 3 radius game core dll, but allow more civs. Currently I use a game core dll that allows 50 civs. Also, does the AI take advantage of the extended radius?

This mod causes the game to crash soon after startup (that old message which
suggests that the kindly Microsoft people would be interested in your error report).
Any clues as to why? I copied the .dll file as instructed (backed it up thankfully).

It seems to be not compatible with Warlords 2.08. This .dll run without a problem while expansion pack was without the patch installed (2.00).

So it would be very nice to see 3square radius .dll updated to 2.08. Anyone can do that?
Many thanks in advance.

I made it!

I mixed Blacksun's code with RogerBacon's and Konradius' code.
Now, I have 24-civs + 3-square cities Warlords 2.08 core DLL compiled, working and tested!!!

Thanx goes to: Blacksun, RogerBacon and Konradius for their's source code.

Very big thanx goes to Kael for his "building the DLL" brilliant step-by-step tutorial. It was very Very VERY useful!

If anyone want to have this DLL -> PM me!

Top Bottom