Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

Longswords no. Swordsman yes. Any other civ and I would of been ok. But he rolled Monty.:(

Egypt leader heard the rumor of the fallen Russian city. Ramsy condemn any aggression towards any civilization and greatly sympathize the misfortune Russians.

Ramsy wants an open broader agreement with the Russian leader. The wise Russian leader should propose it if agreed. The purpose is to donate a unit or two to aid your defense.

Ramsy also calls for other leaders close to Russian border could donate at least one unit to help Russian people defend against aggression.

Egypt leader heard the rumor of the fallen Russian city. Ramsy condemn any aggression towards any civilization and greatly sympathize the misfortune Russians.

Ramsy wants an open broader agreement with the Russian leader. The wise Russian leader should propose it if agreed. The purpose is to donate a unit or two to aid your defense.

Ramsy also calls for other leaders close to Russian border could donate at least one unit to help Russian people defend against aggression.

Sorry I took my turn before checking the forums. Since I will be out of town next weekend Tab should kill me faster. :lol:

Sorry I took my turn before checking the forums. Since I will be out of town next weekend Tab should kill me faster. :lol:

Please hang on there, otherwise the snowball effect starts from there especially with the capital fallen to the Aztec hand.

Ramsy was thinking of finding another ally to forge the second line of defense, after the Russian leader indicating his intention to surrender. Perhaps the real Songhai leader given their 'bitter' history with Aztec leader :)

Please hang on there, otherwise the snowball effect starts from there especially with the capital fallen to the Aztec hand.

Ramsy was thinking of finding another ally to forge the second line of defense, after the Russian leader indicating his intention to surrender. Perhaps the real Songhai leader given their 'bitter' history with Aztec leader :)

The Songhai are a peaceful people, but we will keep the Aztecs off the open plains - they are already a menace to all the Russians around them and the fall of Moscow in such a short span of time should warn all others to take notice of this threat.

We will build a forward outpost to the east to help support our Russian brethren, but we are a nomadic people and fear the deep forests.

The Aztec empire has taken the city of Yaroslavl, thus adding a fifth city to their empire. They have done so with their iron swords. Currently they already have and/or are building a total of five swords, with one iron in reserve. This army is likely to be healing near Yaroslavl now. However, these units may be split into two separate squads, one remaining at home to defend against Russia's allies.

The Aztec iron may be situated on the hill southwest of their capital city, although this seems unlikely. More likely, it is located within one of their other minor city's walls, thus making it impossible to pillage.

They no longer have funds to upgrade any warriors, and their economy is stagnant. Their people appear unhappy with their leader's aggression. If Aztec luxury supplies could be cut, their army would become a paper tiger, as their low morale would seriously affect their fighting abilities. The core of the Aztec empire lies east of the Sino-Russian empire, along a river valley in a NW-SE direction.

The Roman Empire endorses the Egyptian plan to resist Aztec aggression by supplying the Russian army with units. This will be most effective if it is well-timed, so the units arrive together. (We are unsure we can gift a unit to Russia without having seen their lands.). If possible, we will offer a unit on our next turn. Warriors will be more effective than archers. Also, we advise the Russian army to dig in, fortifying on rough terrain outside their cities, and to resist the temptation to attack the enemy's superior forces. If any natural features, especially mountains, can be used this will delay the enemy's advance until help can arrive.

The Russian leader can doubtless supply more detailed intelligence regarding the disposition of the enemy's forces...if he but has the will to fight to survive!

Fear not, Russia, the peoples of the world will come to your aid!

Russia will fight and has earned a tiny victory today. The four units of swordsman falling on Moscow are now only three. I am moved and grateful for the aid received in these dire days. I am hopeful I will be able to repay your kindness in the future.

Russia will fight and has earned a tiny victory today. The four units of swordsman falling on Moscow are now only three.

Hehe i took a chance here. I thought i could survive against these 3 archers. 3 swordmen should be enough.

Watch out the Romans everyone. He wants to ally with everyone but they forgot that they are the Romans after all! Alliances can be deadly. Watch your back or attack when he's weak(if he gave units it should be easy :D).

What if the green russians are going to take my cities? Who gonna be in trouble now? Think about it ;)

Hehe i took a chance here. I thought i could survive against these 3 archers. 3 swordmen should be enough.

Watch out the Romans everyone. He wants to ally with everyone but they forgot that they are the Romans after all! Alliances can be deadly. Watch your back or attack when he's weak(if he gave units it should be easy :D).

What if the green russians are going to take my cities? Who gonna be in trouble now? Think about it ;)

Lesson learnt in the past that in the first sign of snow ball, stop it before it growing to be unstoppable.:rolleyes:

Counting the mere Egyptian military units and that mere number is the second largest military power in the world, Ramsy can imagine how weak our buddies are.

If Monty's big 'IF' comes true, other leaders will change their opinions quickly.

Ramsy proposes to train supply warriors to the Western front as the following:

The closest civ to the real Russia can donate one warrior to Russia and disclose such information in the forum. Roman then donate that warrior to that civ and Then Egypt donates one warrior to Roman. Similar like that.

One Egyptian warrior is heading to Roman border now if other leaders think it is a good plan.

@Tab, please don't take it personally, think it as a compliment that the whole world has to mobilise to stop Monty.

Such PBEM play style really let us use the full strength of diplomacy, lol, more effective than real time chat.

I have a feeling most here have played it but if you havent try the boardgame Diplomacy. An absolute blast. Although it might destroy friendships:lol:

I am curious and nervous about my next turn. What have ya got for me Tabarnak?

Never played it, but have heard of it.

It seems you must move units into someone's land before giving them to them. I think writing is the prerequisite tech for OB? Do both players have to have it? We Romans are still enjoying an oral tradition....

EEE's plan only works if the chain is complete, and the techs are in place. Lot of ifs still.

I don't take it personnally. Just trying to subjugate people:)

Pbem gives way less stress too!

@yellow russians : Bah you killed the wrong one :(:goodjob:

I decided to gave it a blast despite having less power.

Took 1 month and half to have some action after all :lol:

I'm gonna buy this board soon. I really want to try this with some friends. I heard good things about it.

Greetings Siam. Russia has now discovered the lands of all the great nations. We will continue to seek out the our city-state neighbors.

To my allies. I think the terrain will hinder you movements greatly and suggest using your warriors to defend your own lands. We thank you for your aid. However if you still wish to visit we have some great attractions. Behold!! The savage Aztec!! Oh and on the right are the pyramids.:lol:

He he. We wish you the best of luck in the coming battles. Perhaps some cavalry may arrive in time.

Can anyone direct me to any natural wonders? We have heard rumour of their existence, but have yet to find any!

He he. We wish you the best of luck in the coming battles. Perhaps some cavalry may arrive in time.

Can anyone direct me to any natural wonders? We have heard rumour of their existence, but have yet to find any!

South of Egypt Empire. Blocked by mountain range. West of Warsaw. Watch out! Don't step on those baby elephants.

Thanks!

And just in case, the Songhai are ESE of your lands. :D

South of Egypt Empire. Blocked by mountain range. West of Warsaw. Watch out! Don't step on those baby elephants.

I allow foreigners to behold the wonderful Grand Mesa,which domain I'll reclaim in few years . Also,We Siamese people,are glad that the Indians accepted to use their capital in a collective research with the Siamese scholars .

Thanks!

And just in case, the Songhai are ESE of your lands. :D

What? East South East?

That's what happens when early scouts are killed. But what are Songhai scouts doing these days? They should send someone North to collect their debt.

Yellow russians successfully repealed our attack sir. We wrongly planified our tactics. We should heal and wait for more renforcements next time.

''Ok it's not so bad because Moscow has same luxuries than ours so it wasn't really appealing to get that city. Let's see what we can do against our southern aggressors'' said Monty, a bit upset about the situation.

Our culture is raising fast and we can get an edge from all these kills. Let's keep the train going sir.

''It's not the time to let this down. Other countries want to help our aggressors so i wonder what they have in the head right now...are we so evil? Or are they more than us? Why helping these civilizations and not us? Am i so ugly?''

No your not sir. Just a bad dream sir.

Top Bottom