Game stuck on Choose Production (different than the others!) with several mods

Oleander29

Chieftain
Hi all!! Could've sworn I had an account on civfanatics before... Oh well.

Anyway, so I'm having a gamecrushing, frustrating, makes-me-want-to-cry-a-little bug, and I'm hoping you can help with it.

I have Civ V with all expansions and all DLC. Yes, I'm a fanatic. Two days ago, I started exploring the world of mods, and I downloaded many, many, many mods, mostly new civilizations. Until I started modding, I never had this problem.

In the first game, playing as Mexico in an archipelago map, my game got stuck on Choose Production. This is a common thing, I know, when annexing cities. But I wasn't annexing. On the same turn, it happened in two of my cities: My capital, and my newest city. It was seemingly unprovoked.

So I went back seven turns to the last autosave, figuring that would clear up the problem. Nope, it still happens. I tried everything I could find to solve it, but to no avail. Not wanting to be defeated, and thinking that, perhaps, it had something to do with Mexico, I started a new game as Scotland.

I got much farther in the game this time, but it happened again, to one of my older, well-established cities. Again, it seems totally unprovoked. The three cities weren't producing the same things, different civs are involved, etc. I see no pattern, except that I've played many unmodded games of Civ without running into this problem. So I wonder if it might be a mod.

I will post a savegame ASAP (on a different computer) but I don't think it will matter, as if it's mod-related I dunno if you'd be able to run the savegame. Now, the other Choose Production bugs usually happen when annexing, and there are various ways to get around it including razing or taking the city. But this I can't get around at all. I can't continue the game. So help would be awesomely appreciated. I have the game on Steam so all patches should be up-to-date.

I follow this monologue with a complete list of installed mods.
Leugi's Barbarian Immersion Enhancements
Leugi's Haiti
Colonialist Legacies - Afghanistan
Colonialist Legacies - Mexican Republic
Confederate States of America
LS Australia
Benin (BNW)
City States Expansion
Events and Decisions
Favorite Religion Randomizer
Historical Religions Complete
Hypereon's Republic of Finland
Israel Civlization (with King David)
The following by JFD: Anglo-Saxons, Iceland, Switzerland, New Zealand, Normandy, Hitler's Germany, Belgium, Italy, Norway, Prussia, The Vandals, The Papal States, The Soviet Union
MC's Gallic Civ and MC's Scotland
Really Advanced Setup
Republic of Texas
Romania
As well as several maps which are turned off: TSL Gian Map Gedemon (Cookie's Version), Wallengrens Europe, Europa 1914

Between the two games, the only modded civilizations that appeared in BOTH games were Benin and Hitler's Germany. So, if it IS a mod, perhaps that narrows out all the other new civs.

Please and thank you for any help. This is a really bad one since it completely ruins the game and there's no way to solve it. Relaunching the game, restarting the PC, going back a few turns, or even trying to build something different in the city.

Oh, also, I did notice three other funky post-mod things. I will eventually try to track down which one is causing them but perhaps someone else will already know?

The "Culture" button on the top right does not work at all, so I cannot view my great works and whatnot. The spot on the top bar that normally has a tourism icon and a +0 now says "Tourism!", and does not show me how much tourism I'm producing and I cannot click on it. Finally, where it used to show the number of trade routes, it now says "000,000 Turn 000,000" or something like that. Dunno if the issues are related but, when I find the mod causing these problems I'm going to get rid of it.

Best of luck to you. From your description, this is almost certainly a mod-conflict problem, not a problem with the base game. All I can advise is to systematically exclude one mod at a time until the problems clear up.

It doesn't matter which civs are in-game. Any mod that is still enabled has it's code entered into the game, even if a particular modded-civ is not active within the game you are playing. Some mod-makers add code to their civ-mods where if the civ was not selected by the player or as an AI player, then their lua code-bits will not run. But not everyone does this, and some things cannot really be turned off in this manner. As Browd suggested, the only real solution is to start a game with fewer mods, or to shut off each mod one at a time to find the problem-mod. Nothing in the list leaps out at me as a known 'doesn't play nice with other mods' kind of mod. Because of the nature of mods in CIV5, the possible mod-to-mod-to-mod combinations for conflicts is infinite, since every single user of mods can have a unique combination of what mods are active at any one time.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

Top Bottom