Apolyton Preview Part 9: Dan's First Turns

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
The ninth part of Apolyton Civilization Site's multi-part preview of Civilization: Revolution by yours truly :D is available. Entitled "Dan's First Turns", watch my first turns of my first game with CivRev played and filmed last fall at developer Firaxis Games' offices. The video in Windows Media format runs 09m35s and is 31.9MB in size.

My apologies for not linking to this media from this forum sooner. Enjoy. :cooool:

Thanks I enjoyed that #9

You were at war with everyone in the first 4 turns? lol How did that happen?

Thanks I enjoyed that #9
Welcome :), and thank you for the feedback.

You were at war with everyone in the first 4 turns? lol How did that happen?
I can see how it might have seemed that way. :lol:

In the 'first' game (so to speak), the only civilization I was at war with was the Mongolians (with the Barbarians being an additional nuisance). I made peace with both the Indians and the Romans right from first contact.

In the 'second' game (through reload) I was at war with both the Mongolians and the Arabs though the initiating of hostilities with the latter isn't shown on-screen. Without giving too much away in the discussion here :D, I make peace with one of the two when their leader contacts me with an offering following some battles that ended in my favour. (At the time I was playtesting, a build limitation meant I could not initiate diplomatic contact.)

I wish they'd show more on the DS, since that will be the platform I'll play this on.
I don't have any video or even photos of a playable DS build to show. I had some limited playtime with that version, but it was not recordable.

I don't have any video or even photos of a playable DS build to show. I had some limited playtime with that version, but it was not recordable.

I hope Barry and Dennis didn't think we were *too* rude, burying our faces in those DSes at dinner.... ;)

:lol:

Top Bottom