Will we be able to unlock larger maps, and play with more Civs

If I can't play with at least 10 players or AIs then I am not buying this game. I will stick with my Call of Duty 4 and other shooters. What the hell are they thinking man!

PC Civ is supposed to have epic fun games
Civ Rev is supposed to have quick fun games, to make this possible the things that stretch the games to epic times had to be cut out, this emant making the maps really small and havuin far fewer civs playing at one time. If they didn't do this then military victory wouldn't work in the timeframe, and all victories have to be achievable to make it a civ game.

PC Civ is supposed to have epic fun games
Civ Rev is supposed to have quick fun games, to make this possible the things that stretch the games to epic times had to be cut out, this emant making the maps really small and havuin far fewer civs playing at one time. If they didn't do this then military victory wouldn't work in the timeframe, and all victories have to be achievable to make it a civ game.

Then I will not play it. Epic fun is the essence of the Civilization franchise?

Again. I am not going to buy it

Cutting the number of Civs has nothing to do with making the game faster. They could still put all 16 Civs on a tiny map. Heck I played some games with 18 Civs on a dual map in Civ4:BTS.

The thing that they should have done to most speed up the game is for the AI to automatically controle all of your military units. That is by far the most time consuming part of Civ is moving your military units in a offensive war.

If the AI controled your military units that would save you a ton of time, and micromanagement.

I have always hoped for a Civ that would allow you to put your military units under AI controle, as that would take all the tedious micromanagement out, and really make the game much faster playing.

Removing the ability to manage your battles, would completley destroy civilization. You can't automate everything, it would be like watching a really stupid interactive movie.

Epic fun isn't the whole point of the civ franchise, You can play duels and small maps with not so many opponents for a quick game. Personally i've always preferred the epic game myself, but Civ Rev quicker games sounds like it's defintely worth a shot to me.

That is total BS. It would make Civ far more fun if you didn't have the tedious, boring micromanagement of mnaging the battles.

Civ should be about making grand stratgic decisions not tedious minor tactical descions.

All the tactical decisions should be taken out, and only the major strategic decisions should be left to you as leader.

The kind of Civ I want to see you would only be responsible for wheather you want a offensive war, defensive war or a balance between the 2. The AI would then carry out your stategic decision.

This would improve Civ so much.

I have quit many Civ games I became bored to death of the tedious, boring micrommanagement of moving units around.

War has never been fun in any Civ game ever, and that is a shame.

Basically my dream Civ would be a Civ that you were only responsible for major strategic decisions, and the AI would then implement your policies, and carry out all the tactics, and micromanagement.

Moving military units is very boring, and tedious, and I have quit many Civs games because the war became to boring, and tedious.

Leaders should moy have to micromanage they should instead be responsible for only major strategic decisions.

what your describing is an a really horsehockey interactive movie, where every 5 mins a message pops up, shall we attack china mr president?.

Rubbish

The only fun part of the wars is too make your units slaughter an enemy stack, and burn all thier cities. If that was all automated, then you would basically become an advsior whilst an AI plays for you, just stupid.

the return of armies in civ rev, is a good way of doing that, and the fact that the maps are much smaller will mean less tiome travelling, so ... yay.

Well that has only been the most boring part. Moving tons of units. I have quit so many Civ games because of that. I would love to fight more offensive wars, but that always turns into a boring, tedious chore, and it is not fun because of all the time you waste moving units.

That should be taken care by the AI. You should be able to tell them what city you want captured, and stuff like that, but the AI should control all units.

Yea the actually capturing of cities is fun, but the actual moving of units is a boring, and tedious chore that should be removed.

i suspect that if you jsut clicked an attack button next to a city, and let the AI do everything for you, it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun,w ouldn't be boring but defeinetly wouldn't be fun either.

oy...way OT lately in here...

I think that being able to unlock larger maps or play with more civs should at least be an option. I don't think that it needs to be on the scope of Civ4, but at least having the option for more civs at a time would be awesome. The games would still be faster than PC ones thanks to all the streamlining done.

Top Bottom