[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Kim stanley robinson has a book series of scifi called Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars. its full of mars drama and terraforming. and ends with a fit if anarcho syndicalism

PM me :D

Patch B will come tomorrow :).

Also here: :goodjob: a nice unit.

I'm thinking of including it as a UU.

Nice :goodjob:.
I'll try to add it :).

How did you manage to change the worldpicker?
Everytime i tried it, it didn't show up correctly :(.

There is a file in the Assets\Art\Interface\Screens called worldpicker.I simply edited the terrain dds files to look like Mars terrain.(except for the water and clouds).Then the game will use the edited textures for the worldpicker.There are two worldpicker models, a flat worldpicker and a Globe worldpicker.

There is a file in the Assets\Art\Interface\Screens called worldpicker.I simply edited the terrain dds files to look like Mars terrain.(except for the water and clouds).Then the game will use the edited textures for the worldpicker.There are two worldpicker models, a flat worldpicker and a Globe worldpicker.

Yes, i know. I edited the .dds, and saved it correctly, but ingame, i saw only a very big, flat green/blue texture :confused:.

I've included the worldpicker :goodjob:, but not the the main menu, because it looks more blue then red/brown :confused:.

Patch B
(includes Patch A)
Will break savegames!
- Fixed a bug with water/oxygenrequest from earth (can now be build endless)
- Fixed a bug, so that at a certain point not all religions are automatically founded
- Fixed a bug with "chopping". It's now available with "martian calendar"
- New building art from JustATourist, Walter_Hawkwood and asioasioasio
- New worldpicker by charle88
- Background texts for mindcontrol, robot society and android society by korahan (translation by me)
- Bioshpere food bonus changed from 4 to 2
- New citylist for isreael
- Higher tech costs
- More water and oxygen resources on the Mars18 map
- Lowered barbarian appearance
- Mutants have now a unitclass
- Promotion "Chemical Weapons" has now an effect against mutants
- Light Attack Ship strengh changed from 4 to 3
- Pioneer Tank strengh changed from 2 to 1, but 100% hills defense
- Mortar upgrades now to mobile artillery (instead of normal artillery)
- Added custom diplomacy sounds for ISRO, JAXA, Korea and Israel (all official hymnes, but i don't know, if they are good, i need some feedback)

Next planes:
Besides the unique powers and bugfixing and balancing, there are 2 other bigger things to do:
1. Create my own .dll. The terraforming must be opened from the sdk to python, so that i can prevent, that units and resources vanish through the terraforming.
This will be difficult, because i have no experience with the sdk, and my c++ is very poor.
2. Get mercenaries in. This FfH2 modmod seems to be interesting, i'll talk to the author, if it's possible to port it to normal BtS.

Hello,
first, verry nice mod!
In your screenshots all your units are only single units, no groups. When i run your mod there are some units shown in verry big groups. Explorer-Tank for example are seven singular tanks. That looks not so good in my opinion. I tried to change it by my own, but i cant find in the XML art folder your unitnames. Could you tell me how you renamed your units. I cant find them also in the unitinfo.XML.

In your screenshots all your units are only single units, no groups. When i run your mod there are some units shown in verry big groups.

You can play with single units by enabling the "single unit graphics" option under Advanced/Options/Graphics in the start menu of the game.

Kim stanley robinson has a book series of scifi called Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars. its full of mars drama and terraforming. and ends with a fit if anarcho syndicalism

PM me :D

I concur about this series because it really does a good number on a lot of the tech of terraforming. That and how even with terraforming, certain parts of the planet would still require a lot more equipment to survive. (The higher elevations, for example).

Could you reduce the riot event? It happened to me and most of my improvements were destroyed. My park was destroyed, which enraged the citizens and caused my citizens to starve. I managed to rebuild the park and the improvements and then BAM!! it happened again.

EDIT: also, terraforming struck several times, destroying my silver mone, which again, enraged citizens. How do you work water tiles.

Tried this mod for the first time and got a CtD withing the first 25 turns. So as I get a copy of it off my 'game' computer, I'll post a save.

One thing, which I'm sure has been brought up before, but you might want to look at the mod Planetfall which is based on making a :bts: version of the old (and much loved) Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. It's got a lot of units and things that I'm sure could be adapted very well. Plus, I like the old terraformer unit better than a sci-fi version of the worker. :p

You can find Planetfall here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=252829

This is going to sound strange, as it seems strange to even me, but the opening video sequence when you launch a scenerio is the cause of many ctds. Ill explain why I believe so.

The first time I played this mod I played 350+ turns with zero ctd. I then started a new game, ctd within 50 turns. Started another new game, same scenerio as very first game, ctd within 50 turns. This continued for 2 or 3 more games, different scenerio's, but all ctd within 50 turns. So i rebooted pc, new game, 300+ turns no ctd.

So i started playing with it, trying to cause ctd with new games, couldn't. I then closed back to windows, launched again, new game, ctd within 50 turns, but I noticed a pattern. If i skipped the mod video sequence by clicking my mouse, the Nvidia comerical would play, and i would ctd within 50 turns. If i however skipped the opening sequence, after letting it play 5-10 seconds, with my Escape key, rather then the mouse, the Nvidia comerical would not play and 300+ turns with no ctd.

I have tried this numerous times and has held true every time, but seems to affect the loaded state of the mod rather then scenerios. If a game is started and the opening sequence is skipped without the Nvidia comerical playing, a new game can be started (without closing Civ or reloaded the mod... exit to main menu) and the video can be skipped by clicking the mouse with no ctds. My guess is that when the Nvidia comerical plays some default graphics items are loaded again.

Also workers when assigned to automatically build are building a lot of radar stations, now that wouldn't be a problem in itself, but the radar stations cannot be replaced by other improvements for some reason.

both of you!:thumbsup:

:)

Hello,
first, verry nice mod!
In your screenshots all your units are only single units, no groups. When i run your mod there are some units shown in verry big groups. Explorer-Tank for example are seven singular tanks. That looks not so good in my opinion. I tried to change it by my own, but i cant find in the XML art folder your unitnames. Could you tell me how you renamed your units. I cant find them also in the unitinfo.XML.

My files are messed up, i'm really sorry about this :(.
Please tell me, what units have the problem, i'll change it in the next patch :).
Until the next patch, you can follow GeoModders suggestion.

Could you reduce the riot event? It happened to me and most of my improvements were destroyed. My park was destroyed, which enraged the citizens and caused my citizens to starve. I managed to rebuild the park and the improvements and then BAM!! it happened again.

I didn't change the event :confused:.
Maybe an enemy civ doesn't like you ;)?

EDIT: also, terraforming struck several times, destroying my silver mone, which again, enraged citizens. How do you work water tiles.

Yes, i have also other complaints about the terraforming, because many resources and units are destroyed. -> it has to be changed.

Working water tiles: You need the technology "searching for water".

I've looked at it, and i've also played it :).
No way, that i could have skipped it :).

Debug DLL gogogo. ;) It's not THAT hard to make one. :)

Give me some time :help:.

:hmm: interesting. I think, i made some mistakes, when i tried to add it, so there can really be the problem.
Would be nice, when other people could confirm this.

Also workers when assigned to automatically build are building a lot of radar stations, now that wouldn't be a problem in itself, but the radar stations cannot be replaced by other improvements for some reason.

I only changed the appearance and the name, but in the core, this are totally the forts from BtS.
I'll consider about changing them.

It's pretty annoying when automated workers cost me a water/oxygen/ice my borders recently expanded to include by building a radar station there before I can build a proper improvement. Afaik theres no way to pillage your own improvements or replace the radar stations (as they are). Forts in BtS can be replaced by simply building another improvement over top.

As far as the city limit the resource is collected, but still loose the extra food/shield/money provided by the other improvements.

Here is the copy of the game I had my early CtD. If I remember right I moved a scout into terrain that would damage me and the game crashed.

Looks like a fantastic game, however, I cant seem to get very far into the game before it crashes. With the recently released patch B, I did progress further, but still got a crash. Hopefully these problems can be resolved, as I am very anxious to play this mod

:hmm: interesting. I think, i made some mistakes, when i tried to add it, so there can really be the problem.
Would be nice, when other people could confirm this.

I don't think this is the cause - I mostly load the MOD using a directlink or even just by doubleclicking a safe file. I only see an intromovie when I start a new game, so it can not be the cause - at least not on my machine.

Top Bottom