[FfH II Art Team Blog]

I think the new flags are custom material, instead of borrowed copyrighted material, right?

I love them though! they're simpler and more of what i would expect a nations flag to look like. I liked the old ones too, but they were too complex and didn't really seem like something an entire army could be carrying (take years to make all those flags!)

small update o6.o7.o7
On this screenshot you can see the new Sheaim Horseman. He has two animal Skulls on his shoulders and an evil hairdress ;)

Because of Problems with my import/export scripts, I had to puppet master him, which is why I didnt change the Horses mesh (only a quick texture change). But he looks fine using the Keshik animation.
Look forward to version 0.23 including now 4 new Sheaim grafiks :)
My next project also involves number 4 and horseman... something that has waited for too long, considering it to be a key element in Fire. I dont expect to finish 100% by friday the 13th, but I will do my best.

sweet

now, why is there blood coming from the soldiers, because i've never seen that graphic before... its cool

hehe, yea that + the small overall bloom effect (look at the Demagogs metal parts) are just photoshop effects, in general both would not be hard to realize, blood could be easy part of dieing animation and bloom is a engine thing. But Animation is still not easy to manipulate and we dont have access to the engine to ad a bloom shader effect.

I ran into Jason Engle at origins today. Jason is the artist who made a ton of art we use in FfH, including Sphener, Abashi, etc etc. He is an amazing artist, and a very nice guy.

We chatted for quite a while about general art stuff and FfH. He is a video game player but he hasn't played Civ4 and he didn't know about FfH. I asked if he minded that we used his art and he was perfectly fine with it, we are welcome to use any of his work.

In his opinion artists don't mind people using their work as long as they don't charge for it. He actually said that he doesn't even mind if we charge for it, but the companies that contract his work could get mad if another source is selling the same material.

There was also an art auction with a few of his pieces and I bid on and won the piece in the picture, I love it!

Attachments

• Sphener.jpg
    Sphener.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 629
Wow, really nice painting!
Congratulations to winning the auction, I'd hang that one in my appartment immediately, too! :)

I ran into Jason Engle at origins today. Jason is the artist who made a ton of art we use in FfH, including Sphener, Abashi, etc etc. He is an amazing artist, and a very nice guy.

We chatted for quite a while about general art stuff and FfH. He is a video game player but he hasn't played Civ4 and he didn't know about FfH. I asked if he minded that we used his art and he was perfectly fine with it, we are welcome to use any of his work.

In his opinion artists don't mind people using their work as long as they don't charge for it. He actually said that he doesn't even mind if we charge for it, but the companies that contract his work could get mad if another source is selling the same material.

There was also an art auction with a few of his pieces and I bid on and won the piece in the picture, I love it!

Nice piece ! I think you will make Sez jalous, I know how he like this picture.

wasn't the pic for Sphener made by him for a card game?

Yeap, its a Legend of the 5 Rings picture. He showed me his new work, some of which is for unannounced projects. It was great stuff and even darker than his current work.

WOW...
great stuff Kael!
That pic is very very cool.
I spend some time looking at it when I had my first attempt in creating Sphener and i noticed some... proportions, which made him look odd wen not viewed from the pictures perspective, thats why he is a bit delayed, but never the less a very great picture! congratulations.
And very well done in getting a talk to this artist, perhaps he will try FfH one day??

Congratulations! Could you give us a link please for his other work? Maybe we can find some other ideas for our units.

I would flip that picture of Sphener around or change Spheners model alittle, if you notice in that picture he is left handed, but ingame holds it in the right.

The More You Know.

Top Bottom