For modders & mergers

Another quick question: In revolution ini file, there's a true/false option that says "allow barbarians to form minor civs" which is set off by default... what exactly is a "minor civ"?

If you remember the vanilla 1000 AD scenario, everyone was always at war with the Byzantines and Vikings and no one could talk to them. These were minor civs. Basically, they're barbarians in many respects, but they'll build settlers and culture buildings. I wouldn't really recommend turning it on, full blown civs are far more interesting.

With jdog5000's help I was able to merge Civ4lerts with Revolutions version .8w or so.

IIRC it turned out to be pretty simple.
I think I just appended the Civ4lerts ini file to Revolutions', dropped the unique python and XML files into the proper directories, and added 2 lines to Revolutions' cvcustomeventmanager:
"import Civ4lert" after the various Revolution imports
and

"Civ4lerts.Civ4lerts(self)"

after "Tester.Tester( self, config )"

However, that doesn't seem to work with the BTS version of Revolutions.
I'm guessing it has something to do with all the changes to Revolutions since 0.8. :) The familiar landmarks are missing.

Any help welcome.

To get Civ4lerts to initialize, you should still be able to edit two places in CvCustomEventManager, adding the import line towards the top and then

"Civ4lerts.Civ4lerts(self)"

right after "RevolutionInit.RevolutionInit( self, revConfigFile )"

That should get the Civ4lerts python code running. The, copying over the xml and .ini files from Civ4lerts should get things up and running. You shouldn't need to copy over the contents of the .ini file, although if you did and changed the line in Civ4lerts.py that references "Civ4lerts.ini" that would work also.

Just make sure the only python file you take from Civ4lerts is Civ4lerts.py. Edit CvCustomEventManager as above and leave the others as they are in Revolutions. Let me know if there are any further issues.

Seems to work!
Wow. Fast response, easy solution. Best mod ever! :) Thanks.

I've been trying to merge Gods of Old with Revolution. (3.13 BTS and 1.16 Rev.)

Happily, none of the files overlap. However, it looks like the GoO python functions aren't running and I haven't a clue why.

I've appended Rev's ini file to the GoO ini file and renamed it Revolution.ini. Revolution seems to be working normally.

I'm guessing the problem is getting the event managers to work together. The Custom manger has an "import" line for the CvEventManager... and beyond checking for that I'm afraid I'm clueless.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It is almost certainly an issue with GoO's Python event manager not being properly invoked. The Revolution mod uses (IMO) a better system where it inherits from the default event manager, while GoO needs to replace the default so it most be located in \Mod Folder\Assets\Python\

If that's not the problem, if you upload the combination and send me a link by PM I can take a quick look ...

Certainly will be cool to have merged versions of some of the BTS mods with Revolution! Don't know if it's legal to post them or not ... seems like it should be as you couldn't play without having bought BTS, though the same is not true for the Warlords scenarios.

I'd love to see revolution mod merged with XXL world mod. Any chance you could do this?

I have just recently combined Revolution with another mod of mine, but for some reason it keeps giving me this error before the game can even start up: "Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml; Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml FAILED" at which point the game stops responding. Any ideas?

I have just recently combined Revolution with another mod of mine, but for some reason it keeps giving me this error before the game can even start up: "Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml; Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml FAILED" at which point the game stops responding. Any ideas?

Check you PM

Could this possibly be merged with Varietas Delectat? I have absolutely no merging knowledge, so some instructions on how to merge it'd be handy, too.

Thanks!

Could this possibly be merged with Varietas Delectat? I have absolutely no merging knowledge, so some instructions on how to merge it'd be handy, too.

It should absolutely be mergeable, and shouldn't be too hard (relatively speaking :p ). I don't know exactly how the units are specified in that mod, but I'm quite sure the only file that might need merging is Revolution\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitSchema.xml and even that may not need to be merged. If copies exist in both mods, you'll have to open them up using a good text editor (I'd recommend Notepad++ which is free) and see what's different. A program like WinMerge (also free) can help you spot differences.

If there are any other file collisions, post and I'll give you some pointers. Aside from that, you just copy the files from VD into the same locations (ie, Assets\Art\whatever) inside your Revolution folder and it should work. Post if you have any trouble.

I am in the process of merging the following:

Revolution 1.25
Dale's Ranged Bombard
Dale's AirBomb code from Road to War
Influence Driven War
Gedomon's Air Forces SDK
MAD Nukes 0.7b
Manhattan Project
JUnitSpace
Route Pillage

Veriatas Delectat 3.1 (using Modern Warfare 1.20/WW2:1939 art assets and choices on mechanized units -- I will ask permission for these)
Civ Specific Great People + Unit Civilopedia fix
Actual Quotes
Bad Ronald's Flags (with a few changes and additions for the BtS civs)
More Historical Civilopedia
Antiaircraft Gun module (to replace SAM Infantry)
Modern Workshop
Modern Granary
A few cosmetic changes of my own

I have a no-error compile of the DLL, a merge of the appropriate Python (which I hope I've done right), and I am working on merging the XML. The thing that's taking time at the moment is the graphics linking I need to do on VD -- the fighters and bombers are done, but I need to update jet fighters, stealth bombers, tanks, modern armor, helicopters, and mechanized infantry. Following that, the next hurdle is creating flags that follow Bad Ronald's artstyle for the ten new BtS civs.

Hmmmm...so do i move in both config settings? The revolution config settings and varietas in same folder? They both have the same thing, only the revolution one has more.

Hmmmm...so do i move in both config settings? The revolution config settings and varietas in same folder? They both have the same thing, only the revolution one has more.

The first ~10 settings are set up automatically by Civ for and not specific to Revolution, so if there are any changed settings from the other mod use those. For Revolution.ini, only the settings after [RevConfig] are specific to the mod and important to keep.

I know this is the wrong forum and I'm sorry but I did a search and this is the only relevant thing I've found so here's my problem. I just recently combined the mods "History In The Making" & "Enhanced Size Cities 0.94". I compiled the CvGameCoreDLL without any problems and when I went to load the Combined mod for the first time I get the following error:
Code:
[6028.265] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[6030.031] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml FAILED
[6030.984] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[6031.734] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml FAILED

I'm completely stumped as I haven't edited either of these files. Could someone help me please?

This is definitely not the right place for this ... however, the problem is that the XML structures in those two files didn't fit the expectations of the DLL. When a mod adds a new field to an XML file (ie, <NewTag>) the DLL also needs to be updated to read in the new fields. Either you're not using the right DLL for the XML files or, if both mods include a DLL, you will need to merge and recompile the DLL from the source code.

So I merged this mod with JKP1187's Next War mod... simply by putting all the files into one mod folder. Only one file conflicted... the loading screen so I choose one and ignored the other.

The game loaded and I can tell both Mods are functioning, how do I tell if they are functioning properly though?

I know both do extensive event handling but since no files needed to be merged, I can't think of a reason why they would not work properly.

Top Bottom