Questions about Civilization Revolution?

2K Games Civilization Community Relations Manager Elizabeth "2K_Elizabeth" Tobey is to appear on an upcoming episode of PolyCast, the official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). She will be answering questions about the up-and-coming Civilization: Revolution, the first Civ title being developed and marketed for console gamers.

Questions already posted in this thread will be considered for inclusion, but more are welcomed and encouraged. An ongoing detailed preview of the game on ACS is available for viewing to likely assisting in answering some gamer inquiries while hopefully generating others.

To be considered for inclusion on the episode Tobey is to appear on, questions need to be posted in this thread no later than [DATE PASSED]. The podcast is to begin its shiny second season tomorrow.

Elizabeth,

How will multiplayer work? Will it go through XBox Live? If so, how do you play with someone who has a PS3?

Will there be downloadable content? Here is my fear, and it is not unfounded. I buy CivRev and like it. All of a sudden several months later there is a plethora of downloadable content that will add to my CivRev gaming experience. This content will, of course, come with a price or XBox Live points. Soooooo.... do you already have a deal with Microsoft to provide content (upgrades) to CivRev?????

Am I the only one with an XBox360 that thinks this is going to happen?

Just one question here. I'm assuming on xbox360 multiplayer will require Gold membership. But what about GOTW? Can you participate in GOTW and upload your score on a silver xbox live membership?

Just one question here. I'm assuming on xbox360 multiplayer will require Gold membership. But what about GOTW? Can you participate in GOTW and upload your score on a silver xbox live membership?

You will most likely get an answer on the official forums quicker. One of the community managers are going to ask Firaxis a number of questions in a day or so. Now your question is totally irrelevant to me as a PS3 player and if your question is taken it might take out one of the questions that I'm interested in, BUT WHO CARES? Here is the link :) http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16934

I'll save you a bit o' time. GotW will simply require a free account on Xbox Live. :)

YAY!!!!!! great new...........now I just need a 360.........

I'll save you a bit o' time. GotW will simply require a free account on Xbox Live. :)

Thats great to hear. I'm on the fence in deciding whether to just do offline GotW games and upload scores or go gold and play multiplayer.

I listened to the podcasts and read forums and most say 2-3 hours a game on average. I have a feeling it may be closer to the 3 hour mark. Which may be too long for me.

But then again, I'll probably loose most games in under 30 min :lol:

Will there be a hotseat? that's it.Thanks.

wow.. no two player civ. what's the world coming to!!

well actually im not 100% sure of that now, the game makers at firaxis said you'll be able to play multiplayer locally in a podcast, though im not sure if they were referring to hotseat or link-up. (where you link two game consoles to each other.)

But yeah civ without hotseat is s step down. Civ single player can be as long as possible but multiplayer needs to be shorter, but whats the point in making multiplayer game short if you eliminate the ability to play the game with two players in one room.

but whats the point in making multiplayer game short if you eliminate the ability to play the game with two players in one room.

I've got 2 DSs (and my kids each have one). I don't see the problem.

well........I don't have a DS, so I'm just waiting until I get a 360.....

ditto, i also don't have multiple DS's, not going to either, so there is a problem with no hotseat gaming, at least for me.

I Would Also like to know if a British Empire is possible instead of th English empire. it seeems unfair to just have England and not every other part of the British empire.

Also will extra leader heads be downloadable through X-Box live?
I want Churchill!

I Would Also like to know if a British Empire is possible instead of th English empire. it seeems unfair to just have England and not every other part of the British empire.

Well there can't be both a British empire and a English empire, and English went and conquered a few places, before the concept of the Great Britain came around and thier total domination over the americas and the 3rd world.

Top Bottom