missionary conversions

tomas1931

Chieftain
When I send missionaries to a civ that I do not have open borders I lose them to attrition
When an opposing civ sends missionaries with aclode border they stay forever
I finally have tokill them which starts a war Bug or am I missing something

Prophets do not get attrition. If you kill any unit from a neutral civ it starts a war.

I did not say prophet I said missionary and they do have attrition when there is a closed border
What is good for the goose is good for the gander

Yup, and you shouldn't be using Missionaries to convert cities already founding some other religion either. Great Prophets are far more effective at this.

Missionaries are only for cities either following pantheons or otherwise have very few followers of other religions.

AI missionaries definitely suffer attrition. in fact, one of my favourite tricks if i have enough units in the area is to completely surround the foreign missionary until they wink out of existence. my opponent then loses a missionary and no war is begun.

Isnt there a religious belief that negates or halves the attrition damage your religious units take? A reformation belief i think. Maybe im crazy and made that up in my head but im working so hard to check.

Top Bottom