Was there ever an actual fix for the 'second monitor blank' problem?

Xaks

Chieftain
I've done a bunch of searches and see many mentions of the 'second monitor goes blank' problem going back, off and on, to the original Civ 5 release.

Every expansion / mod / etc seems to have it come up again, and it's never seemed to have a good answer.

I've never had the problem until I installed BNW, now I've had my second monitor remain on exactly twice in the last three weeks, with one of them being tonight for a bit.

I really, really hate having to choose between football and Civ 5. I love being able to have a turn based game that allows me to not miss any gaming while my team runs over the visitors, but between plays lets me grow my Civ.

Has there been ANY consistent fix for this annoying issue? It isn't my PC, cause it works every so often just as it should. I've found threads talking about it going back to like 2009. Is this STILL unresolved?

----

Otherwise, really like BNW so far :)

howaboutno.jpg

I really don't like windowed mode, it just feels wrong to me, plus I love mouse moving the edges of the map.

Besides, it worked until BNW flawlessly, and occasionally works since. So, windowed mode is, I'm sorry to report, not an acceptable solution.

Top Bottom