[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

An other unproductive day in my life ....

Soccer World Cup on TV + 0.13 mod on pc.....

A beer, some cigarettes, telephone off,... i'm ready.

The Frog.

It's out! Woohoo! I may even have to watch some World Cup w/ Hian while I play. (Shuffling work papers off of desk.)

First critics after only a few turns played (with a couple of the different races)...

1. Starting the Luinchuip (pretty sure I messed up the spelling) with a mudgolem is a good idea... but... since they won't be able to build anything untill they have made the next discovery makes them "a unit short" for about 45 turns (playing on marathon)

2. Starting with ancient chants gives u a way too big advantage in my eyes as the other civs havn't got a chance at getting the free tech if they don't start with ancient chants...

3. The design for the techtree is well... BIG... almost impossible to see what leads to what and have a good wiev of where u are in the process (u know what I mean right... it's just hard to get a good idea of the tree as a whole).

Other than that (having only played a few turns...) that giant spider looks awsome... I'm hoping to provide u with more info/ideas after I've gone further into the game...

I agree on the techtree. Maybe even continue what was begun and sort all techs of one tier below each other. i think noone complains if it is even twice as long (vertical) but therfor short (horizontal) and not as cluttered.

Totally agree with the tech tree comments... it is already many times better than the last incarnation.

I just noticed something, I am not sure if it is intended, but those with the Sprawling trait(very cool to link the 3-square city to a trait), thier culture expands in odd ways(adds single square offshoots at the first level of expansion and at the second jump up is almost at what the 3rd level is for normally expanding cultures). I know the RB incarnation of this particular modification, culture expanded normally, so.. yeah. It may be intended, or a consequence of linking it to a trait, or maybe just a missed calculation in the function.. just thought you should know.

Cheers!

Its on purpose. The culture of sprawling civs expands 1.5 times as fast as normal culture. As there has to be an intemediate step each second level has lone plots on its outermost ring. (I think its mentioned in the Civilopedia, too)

Thanks for all the great work. Looking at the elves (the one true civ) the changes in the tech tree and starting setup seem to make them...well...less elvish. They have less chance of getting the forest techs than civs which start with exploration and, if I'm reading the tech tree right (probably not) no chance to get hidden_paths which is clearly an elvish thing (it shows up in red for ljolsfar on the tech tree now and is not selectable). Since one of the really great strengths of FFH is the differentiation of the civilizations this seems like a step back from version 12 where the elves had the fast track to the forest techs (at the expense of agriculture).

Perhaps start them with exploration (if not exploration + tracking, that may unbalance the others) and do make hidden_paths attainable. Of course I can do all this in my local copy just some feedback on my favorite little green guys.

adamant said:
Thanks for all the great work. Looking at the elves (the one true civ) the changes in the tech tree and starting setup seem to make them...well...less elvish. They have less chance of getting the forest techs than civs which start with exploration and, if I'm reading the tech tree right (probably not) no chance to get hidden_paths which is clearly an elvish thing (it shows up in red for ljolsfar on the tech tree now and is not selectable). Since one of the really great strengths of FFH is the differentiation of the civilizations this seems like a step back from version 12 where the elves had the fast track to the forest techs (at the expense of agriculture).

Perhaps start them with exploration (if not exploration + tracking, that may unbalance the others) and do make hidden_paths attainable. Of course I can do all this in my local copy just some feedback on my favorite little green guys.

The reason Hidden paths is red for you is that you have to have the Fellowship as your state religion to research it. Once thats done the elves (and anyone) is able to learn it.

I agree with your point about the starting tech, i'll switch theirs to Exploration.

strategyonly said:
Download here: Updating (broken link) (177 Meg) , "SON of A BIT_H"!!!!:crazyeye: LOL

The update is uploading now, it will be ready in about 38 minutes.

Kael said:
The update is uploading now, it will be ready in about 38 minutes.

Ok ! Will we have to download a huge (175+) 0.13 or only a small patch ?

As for the Elf, i think that it would be easier for Sheaim to have "awaken the ancients" before Kuriotates. Sheaim begins with "ancient chants" while kuriotates with "agriculture"....

The Frog.

There is both (the patch is already up and linked). If you have already downloaded 0.13 then you only need the patch. If you haven't downloaded 0.13 yet then you will need the whole thing.

Kael said:
There is both (the patch is already up and linked). If you have already downloaded 0.13 then you only need the patch. If you haven't downloaded 0.13 yet then you will need the whole thing.

Ok. So i take only patch.

Thx.

The Frog

Thanks Kael, sorry for the ignorance - was jus thinking 'hmm is that the religion?' when your post came in. I'm playing with exploration set initial and will let you know how things go in elfland. Very nice work.

Kimo

strategyonly said:
Download here: Updating (broken link) (177 Meg) , "SON of A BIT_H"!!!!:crazyeye: LOL

K, its up and ready.

Hey Kael, I was reading the forums the other day and I saw that you said something about a web page. I had some free time, so I created one here: http://ffhmod.pbwiki.com/ If you don't want it, just say so.

Whoa!!! It looks like I should play the Hippus first. They have some Extreme art changes...

Psycadelic_Magi said:
Hang on, so what has been changed in the .13a patch? is it just that one tech tree thing or what?

The spinlock issue is a game ender so I would definitly suggest the patch. The patch shouldn't invalidate save games.

1. Grigori Pikeman and the Grigori Phalanx are now correctly assigned as UU (reported by Hian the Frog).
2. Stopped the AI from spinlocking when it tried to make a wolf and a goblin into a Worg Rider (reported by Leidolf).
3. Typhoid Mary lowered from 12 to 7 strength (recommended by AlazkanAssassin).
4. Orders from Heaven, Way of the Forests and the Infernal Pact mini-pictures show up correctly now.

Ok well 2 points from me:
Playing as the Baseraphs I couldn't find a way to load my parrot into my acrobat,
And although I dont know if this is a game problem but I got a major crash when I ended my turn with my captured spider next to a barbarian orc.

Top Bottom