[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

When I start this game with the Aztecs my starting location is in the middle of the ocean. With the japanese I find myself in some desert. Can someone please explain what im doing wrong? I have no other mod activated.

I'm starting to wonder if it may be a case of "first launch failed" for this mod :o

can you try to disable the mod, launch a normal game, return to windows, launch civ again, (re-)enable the mod then start a game with this mod's advanced menu ?

Thats right :)
I'll take another look at it later if I have the time, try to figure out what was wrong.
if you can, try to use the firetuner, or zip the 2 files and post them here or PM me, I'll have a look.

Fire tuner?

Quickest is attaching the files here :)

havent given custom colors and some starting positions may be over water or mountains :p

Attachments

• XML.rar
    8.5 KB · Views: 251
As Siam, I start in an ocean tile east of the Nile river.

Most of the time I cannot get the game to start so I reset the configurations and redo them in hopes it will work. I only got the correct location for Siam one time but unfortunately I accidentally started with the wrong pace mode. :(

what map size are you guys using?
I find this strange because every time I started I had no such problems, but I always use Huge.

Fire tuner?

havent given custom colors and some starting positions may be over water or mountains :p

okay, found a bug in my code, trying to fix it asap ;)

what map size are you guys using?
I find this strange because every time I started I had no such problems, but I always use Huge.
the giant screenshot is for the giant map btw. If you need it, I can make 30 pixels / tile screenshots of the huge and standard size.

for all that have starting position problems, is it possible for you to use the fire tuner from the SDK ?

Yes, I meant Giant to! haha!

After reinstalling the mod, everything's working as intended so far.

Fire tuner?

found a few typo in your XML :
not MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARIST but MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARISTIC
not MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURAL but MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURED

I like your selection, and it will fill some gaps in the map :goodjob:

found a few typo in your XML :
not MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARIST but MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARISTIC
not MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURAL but MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURED

I like your selection, and it will fill some gaps in the map :goodjob:

Oh.. Thats civilization 3 fault :p
they changed some english words lol

Yea, think so too! And there's no reason why it should only be used with ancient civs.

Yea, think so too! And there's no reason why it should only be used with ancient civs.

right.

ok, fixed the bug, but there's another problem with the way I initialize the map right now : not all CS are used, 'cause of the max CS in game limit.

but I'll fix it, you can finish your list ;)

Well we can always delete some of yours :p

héhé, but that's one possible solution, make a mod of your list, load it after Ynaem and make it remove some CS from the database before adding yours...

Why are there almost no citystates in europe when playing as France and now i play with Persia there are alot of them.

Why are there almost no citystates in europe when playing as France and now i play with Persia there are alot of them.

hmmm, maybe I've changed the defaut distance setting from "close" to "minimum" for CS between v0.3 and v0.4... With the "close" (=5 tiles) distance option, few CS will be placed in Europe, and with the "minimum" (=3 tiles) option only 2 or 3 won't be placed (Monaco or one/two Italian CS).

I'm thinking of changing the close value to 4 tiles, to allow a medium number of CS in Europe...

Top Bottom