AI completely broken?

Ray2

Chieftain
Hi guys. I am having some serious issues with the AI in this game. I have seen many weird things, especially with the spaceship parts. Examples:

1) Germany needs one more spaceship part (Engine) to win the game. They will have it in Berlin next turn.
Turn 327:

Spoiler :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Instead, after I declare on Bismarck, he switches Berlin to a Jet Fighter and the Engine goes to Hamburg (3 turns).
Turn 328:

Spoiler :

2) Ghandi is building the last part (Stasis Chamber) in Delhi (2 turns). I declare and he switches to a Nuclear Sub. and the Stasis Chamber goes to Mumbai (12 turns).

Spoiler :

3) Carthage doesn’t seem to know what to do with their space ship parts. Here you can see Engine, Cockpit and Stasis Chamber all parked on the coast:

Spoiler :

4) Danish SS Booster and Cockpit can’t find their way to the capital:

Spoiler :

All the above happen when I am in war with that civ and my troops are near/can threaten their cities. Of course, spaceship is not the only area where the AI is lacking. Civs in this game seem completely incapable of conducting warfare (especially modern). So many wrong and weird decisions from the AI makes the game extremely easy and makes me wonder if this game has been play-tested at all.

I have played less than 10 games in Civ 5 and I have already beaten Deity, AW Immortal, OCC+AW Emperor and Immortal all games won by conquest (Complete kills). I liked some of the new features of Civ 5 and I really think that this game has the potential to be the best in the series, but only with a redesigned AI. In its current state, for me at least, this game is unplayable.

Yeah I stopped playing civ 5 and went back to civ 4 and other games on PC and playstation.

I am tired of beeing a beta tester... I feel like beeing ripped off wich company sells a beta game for full price.. These aren't little bugs or flaws but huge flaws the Ai doesn't know how the game works.. Biggest example is : he gives you 50 gold for open borders and moves his unit next to you're capital and dows you only to lose 50 gold and all his units beeing teleported

Gods and king still didn't fix the stupid AI

Yeah I stopped playing civ 5 and went back to civ 4 and other games on PC and playstation.

I am tired of beeing a beta tester... I feel like beeing ripped off wich company sells a beta game for full price.. These aren't little bugs or flaws but huge flaws the Ai doesn't know how the game works.. Biggest example is : he gives you 50 gold for open borders and moves his unit next to you're capital and dows you only to lose 50 gold and all his units beeing teleported

Gods and king still didn't fix the stupid AI

I do not have Civ V for this very purpose (and some others as well), though I am interested in it. I prefer watching Civ V than playing it.

Hi guys. I am having some serious issues with the AI in this game. I have seen many weird things, especially with the spaceship parts. Examples:

1) Germany needs one more spaceship part (Engine) to win the game. They will have it in Berlin next turn.
Turn 327:

Spoiler :

Instead, after I declare on Bismarck, he switches Berlin to a Jet Fighter and the Engine goes to Hamburg (3 turns).
Turn 328:

Spoiler :

2) Ghandi is building the last part (Stasis Chamber) in Delhi (2 turns). I declare and he switches to a Nuclear Sub. and the Stasis Chamber goes to Mumbai (12 turns).

Spoiler :

3) Carthage doesn’t seem to know what to do with their space ship parts. Here you can see Engine, Cockpit and Stasis Chamber all parked on the coast:

Spoiler :

4) Danish SS Booster and Cockpit can’t find their way to the capital:

Spoiler :

All the above happen when I am in war with that civ and my troops are near/can threaten their cities. Of course, spaceship is not the only area where the AI is lacking. Civs in this game seem completely incapable of conducting warfare (especially modern). So many wrong and weird decisions from the AI makes the game extremely easy and makes me wonder if this game has been play-tested at all.

I have played less than 10 games in Civ 5 and I have already beaten Deity, AW Immortal, OCC+AW Emperor and Immortal all games won by conquest (Complete kills). I liked some of the new features of Civ 5 and I really think that this game has the potential to be the best in the series, but only with a redesigned AI. In its current state, for me at least, this game is unplayable.

Thats pretty bad.

If the AI is beating you that bad in a science game, you may need to switch difs anyway :p

If you actually read my post, you will see that my problem is that the AI cannot win. Even when I play very difficult variants like OCC and AW with only victory condition (for me) conquest. If I was going for a simple science victory all the above games would end much earlier.

Top Bottom