Mouse and Keyboard freeze up occasionally at start of game.

tommygun983

Chieftain
Sometimes when I start up civ 5 complete edition, the keyboard and mouse don't work. I have all dlc installed, and I'm using a windows 8. The game also occasionally crashes mid game, however it is completely random when it happens, and when you do know, it's too late. This is urgent- I really need to know how to fix this, now!

If your Windows 8 device does not have a touchscreen, you should not use the Windows 8 - Touch Enabled option. As for why your mouse and keyboard lock up using DX 10/11 and other mid-game crashes, have you tried validating your game files through Steam? Also, I assume you aren't playing with any mods.

If your Windows 8 device does not have a touchscreen, you should not use the Windows 8 - Touch Enabled option. As for why your mouse and keyboard lock up using DX 10/11 and other mid-game crashes, have you tried validating your game files through Steam? Also, I assume you aren't playing with any mods.

On the contrary, I always play with mods. However, it only locks up right when I start it, it either locks up as soon as I turn the game on, or it doesn't lock up at all. I also do not know what you mean by validating files through steam. Does that mean opening it via the game library?

Go to game library, right click Civ V, choose Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If it downloads any files, repeat until no more files are downloaded.

After doing that, try starting a game without mods. Does the mouse/keyboard problem still appear? If not, try starting a game with your favorite mods. if the mouse/keyboard problem only crops up when mods are enabled, you probably ahve a mod conflict.

Go to game library, right click Civ V, choose Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If it downloads any files, repeat until no more files are downloaded.

After doing that, try starting a game without mods. Does the mouse/keyboard problem still appear? If not, try starting a game with your favorite mods. if the mouse/keyboard problem only crops up when mods are enabled, you probably ahve a mod conflict.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it only freezes right when I start the
game before I can even enable the mods. I doubt I have a mod conflict, I have a computer specifically for gaming, and not many files on it. However, it is likely that the integrity of game cache could solve it.

Top Bottom