Caveman 2 Cosmos

I didn't put them in - I just did the regular install, but there are files for Israel in there (i.e. and Israel.FPK file and Israel stuff in the Custom Civs folder). There is not an entry for Israel in the regular civs config file tho.

Strange that it would cause black terrain in any case.

The only thing wrong with the Israel civ is that the ArtStyle needs to be changed from:

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>

to this:

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_ARABIA</ArtStyleType>

in the CivilizationInfo file.

Other than that i took over 5 hours fixing the rest.

The only thing wrong with the Israel civ is that the ArtStyle needs to be changed from:

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST</ArtStyleType>

to this:

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_ARABIA</ArtStyleType>

in the CivilizationInfo file.

Other than that i took over 5 hours fixing the rest.

Appreciate all the work - just trying to figure out how to get your awesome mod to work. The strange thing is that it worked for several hours, and now I can't get a game to start (without the black terrain).

BTW, I tried turning on modular XML loading in the config file (other mods that work have this turned on) and got all kinds of XML errors loading CtC, including eventually several that mentioned zero allocated memory.

Appreciate all the work - just trying to figure out how to get your awesome mod to work. The strange thing is that it worked for several hours, and now I can't get a game to start (without the black terrain).

BTW, I tried turning on modular XML loading in the config file (other mods that work have this turned on) and got all kinds of XML errors loading CtC, including eventually several that mentioned zero allocated memory.

I am coming out with a newer BETA sometime today, just go for that one, ok, and btw NEVER EVER turn on modular loading, it will break everything. Cause WoC is already modular.

I am still having problems with turn timer.
Its in the medieval era now and still it takes 2 min for a turn to end.
The game freeze and the running man shows up, then after a minute there is a small movement on units in the screen then another minute until the game starts.

Strategyonly you said you had 2 min turn time in Transhuman era.
Why do I have it in Medieval era?
I have a quad core i7 machine with ssd disk and 12 gb ddr3 ram that I specially bought to play this mod.
This is getting frustrating :(

I'd love to be able to run just Varietas Delectat with your own Slave Capture mod (and nothing else).

However, there are two common files which are used in both Varietas Delectat and Slave Capture:

\assets\xml\units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml
\assets\xml\art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

I assume that Caveman 2 Cosmos have further alterations on them because of the inclusion of other mods.

Do you happen to have a copy of these two files that I can use to merge Varietas Delectat + Slave Capture (and nothing else), or tell me what would I need to copy/paste to create them ?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Forget about it. I went ahead and copied the marked "mod" sections from the Slave Capture XML files to the Varietas Delectat ones, and got everything sorted out. Thanks anyway!

I am still having problems with turn timer.
Its in the medieval era now and still it takes 2 min for a turn to end.
The game freeze and the running man shows up, then after a minute there is a small movement on units in the screen then another minute until the game starts.

Strategyonly you said you had 2 min turn time in Transhuman era.
Why do I have it in Medieval era?
I have a quad core i7 machine with ssd disk and 12 gb ddr3 ram that I specially bought to play this mod.
This is getting frustrating :(

How true I dropped a budle on a new computer and didn't regret it till I had all these stupid .ini file errors

Strangest thing happened in my game. I work on 10.1 and just had a slave unit upgraded to the assimilated type: Legion. I had a General around so I joined it to that Legion and had a first fight with some Roman leftover. My strong/overkill unit obviously won, but...... at the same time after some "green"/log influence info just disappeared in the thin air without warning. What could happened? Never happened before .... just a fluke? I hate loosing freshly nominated slave generals to the some weird Bermuda triangle......:confused:

The 10.1 beta.. only thing that comes to mind is that I installed the beta, much like the 10 beta, by copying over an existing C2C installation, but I only ever got this error after installing the 10.1 beta.

The 10.1 beta.. only thing that comes to mind is that I installed the beta, much like the 10 beta, by copying over an existing C2C installation, but I only ever got this error after installing the 10.1 beta.

This is generally a bad practice with these mod updates. You should erase the old (or move it out of the mod folder) entirely before putting the new one in. Merging won't get rid of files that have been purposefully been removed, only overwright the ones that have been changed.

The hunting lodge was renames in 10.1 beta and the Hawk was removed in 9 or 10beta. However if you just installed over a previous version the folder with the Hawk in it would be left over from the previous install. There will also be other artifacts in Subdue Animals since I have merged many experimental bits into the main files from subfolders. Since C2C is WoC based your version will not be the same as the release version.

Ok, took me all night but here's a fix. When I noticed you were on Epic speed rather than Snail, I reviewed my math to discover I'd royally screwed the pooch on all speeds outside of epic. This SHOULD work barring the potential that I may not understand every possible pitfall where this tricky little xml is concerned. And any feedback from anyone using this file is welcome.

It IS savegame compatable and should probably be used by anyone playing this build immediately. (It fixed your savegame too SO.)

Err, is it intentional that Eternity now lasts 14,448 turns and the "intended" Snail 9900 (insert power level joke here)? Admittedly, I myself ran into issues with what I assume to be a linear, "downward" time progression and the new eras (at least, I don't think it's possible to have one interval of time have more months per turn than it's predecessor...), but even I only ever considered 9000 as a "double" version of my personal edits to Eternity.

To some extent, it is intentional. Once you zoom in down to one month per turn around the year 2000, its going to be a heck of a lot of turns to take us to 3000.

That said, I don't think I made it so that any intervals of time had more months than its predecessor... I wonder if it would work if we did actually. And it would make sense in some respects. - really, I don't see why it'd create a problem. I'll have to test around with that but then I haven't played the lategame eras yet so I have no idea how long they would take to research those techs, etc...

Makes you think of our actual world doesn't it? Where WILL we be in the year 3k at this rate of progress (assuming it somehow continues)? Sheesh!

So, yeah, this file doesn't work too well for those who like timed games.

I plan to do some more 'tinkering' at some point... this was an initial 'fix' for problems we were having and I tried to get it to somewhat accurately reflect man's progress. That said, I need some help from the team and our playtesters:

Is there any way we can get some definition to the tech progress of an 'average' civ with our tech tree? If this could be in some way defined it would make the design of our time map a bit more accurate. Even just defining how many turns it takes for an average civ to reach key defining era changing techs would be a huge benefit. And it would need to be charted out for each gamespeed as well, because just working with straight fractions tends to NOT work too well.

Then we could look at some of the historical timeline graphs of human progression and attempt to blend the information a bit.

The quick and simple way to narrow in on some accuracy with the timeline is to take pretty much any given game and take a look at what year Theology is founded by the first civ to reach it. It should be near or at 0BC.

This effort also asks us to look at how 'expensive' techs throughout given eras are. For the sake of gameplay itself, I think v9 was given fairly decent research expenses, except that from my experiences with all the many buildings that give extra research, the middle ages seems to really race through. SO FAR, my impression is that we may need to increase the research costs by a cumulative 5% increase starting in the Ancient era (prehistoric moves just right). So then, the Classical era would be 10% more expensive for each tech and the Dark Age era would be 15% more expensive and so on etc... (I think I've named them in order but could be wrong.)

I remember playing AND at one point (an earlier version) and found that the late game went waaaaay too fast (we were researching over 1 tech per round - not a great way to really get the flavor of each era - at maximum possible research, even 5 rounds to a given tech is fairly quick.)

Anyhow... that's my 2 :commerce:.

I apologize for asking such a "noobish" question. But how do you install the leader heads for this mod?. I'm under the assumption that I have to placed the XML folders & "CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema" under modules but what about these strange FPK files? :confused:

I apologize for asking such a "noobish" question. But how do you install the leader heads for this mod?. I'm under the assumption that I have to placed the XML folders & "CIV4ModularLoadingControlsSchema" under modules but what about these strange FPK files? :confused:

Thats no problem, and thx for asking: Look at the attached, if it looks like they go here you are correct.

Top Bottom