Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

Quickgame didnt work. Now, my units have the unit upgrade glow all the time, and I can upgrade them and give them any promotion, itll gain a level, and ill still be able to upgrade until there are no more promos left. I doubt its because I have Vista, because I never had a problem with any mod or any game that warns me about Vista. Thanks anyways though. Ill try reinstalling.

Quickgame didnt work. Now, my units have the unit upgrade glow all the time, and I can upgrade them and give them any promotion, itll gain a level, and ill still be able to upgrade until there are no more promos left. I doubt its because I have Vista, because I never had a problem with any mod or any game that warns me about Vista. Thanks anyways though. Ill try reinstalling.

Ah, actually it IS because of Vista. Several people have been reporting the same issues, and Vehem and Xienwolf are working on fixing... Could be a little while, depends on what the issue actually is.

As long as you have unlimited XP though, could you verify that you can ALWAYS take another promotion? There is a special promotion that doesn't do anything which should become available when you run out of real promotions.

yes there is one promotion left when you reach the end... and it keeps poping up.

Yippie :) The culmination of a couple of my toys in the code which weren't getting used for anything else :)

BTW, if anyone wanted to you COULD give that promotion stats and they would get applied each time. Make it +5% strength or something and it's like the Future Tech of Promotions ;)

Sounds like it should be more in line with +1/+1 str/def or better..! If a unit's lived that long and gained that much xp it deserves a really good end promotion. :D

Can't run FF at all woth patch B. Crashes at(or before) the map generation no matter what settings I use or who I play.. Is there any way I could log the process so you guys can figure out what's wrong?

Edit: Vista Business +SP1

Patch C
1. Great Person Progress bar readded to MainInterface.
2. Feat added to track when Alcinus builds his keep.
3. Fixed exploit where Alcinus could potentially build multiple keeps after being resurrected.
4. Frostlings will now display properly in the pedia.
5. Scions Dark Council will now only be spawned at the correct time.

====

Haven't run this one against Vista yet, but I'd imagine no change (though there have been some changes in the DLL so it's worth a long-shot).

My main plan for Vista now is to create a DLL with a decent amount of logging code in to help track down where exactly the problem is. I've looked at the stack trace and there's no help there. At the moment it's pretty much the only thing I'm personally looking at though (the rest of the team have done all the work to provide the patch-fixes so far).

Wish I had better news to give you - but hopefully the logging will reveal something.

Hey, Running vista,
Unfortunately still dose not work, gives the "program not responding" Error
I Run it as an administrator,
Turned DEP off for it as well, doubt that's the problem since it usually give a DEP error.

Patch B
Game main menu loads fine.
Play a game going through standard settings,
Stalls after initial loading screen, creating map.

If a customized game is used with advanced starting selected, the game will load up correctly let you pick a place to build a city, place units, all the menus I checked worked.
After clicking begin it stalls.

Patch C
Game main menu loads fine.
Play a game going through standard settings, or advanced settings.
Stalls after initial loading screen, creating map.

I'll go fool around with the debug settings and see if I can give a more exact error report.

If a customized game is used with advanced starting selected, the game will load up correctly let you pick a place to build a city, place units, all the menus I checked worked.
After clicking begin it stalls.

Now that is interesting - and possibly very useful. Thanks for that - will try it out and see if I can learn anything that way.

Any chance Scions of Patria will include a haunted lands graphic suggestion soon. On the Scions download forum a person suggested that haunted lands should have an aura, which would be the green cloud a city gets when its sick but recolored to be fog like. Yeah its only a graphical change but a little goes a long way and I think most players would appreciate that. Anyways if its included in like the next few patches that would be awesome.

EDIT: Now that I have covered my whole base in haunted lands, I must say, it looks TERRIBLE. Now granted the design for haunted lands is not bad at all, but when you have 100's of tiles covered in them it's rather unapealing. So I beg of your development team, make it so haunted lands does NOT spawn the trees in a non tree tile it just covers it with fog, and if it is spawned in a tree tile, make it so there are several tree patterns for haunted lands so it all doesn't look the same. But again, it NEEDS the fog to make the haunted part, without it it's just "lands".

Oh and please Tarqueline (I think thats how you spell it) can you make a short guide on how the Scions work, it could just be a pdf. That would be awesome for new Scions players. I will admit, when I first started it took me forever to figure things out, took me hours to figure out you can spread haunted lands with Ghost Walkers. So a short and sweet guide explaining all the features would be greatly appreciated!

I must say I was scared to play your mod as for the most part I dislike playing non official mod-mod's. Fall Further being an exception. But after trying it in fall further I am amazed at how great a mod it is and all the unique little features you put in it. Two of my favorites are giving Centeni the headless promotion. I was scared to do it on the first game I played because I thought it would be weird having a unit with the headless promotion that is living AND still has a head. Until I actually got the promotion only to find out that it made them undead, their skin rot slightly, and beheaded them! I was so exited to see that. Also ghostwalkers turning that funky blueish color with that glow is to cool in the haunted lands. These little things exite me!

Downloaded Patch C and started a game up as Scions. Also running Vista.

-Game is pretty off and on about freezing up and not responding during map generation, and during this current game it seemed as if it froze up again and I tabbed out to open up my browser, and then tabbed back in to a ready and waiting map. It could have been me just being impatient or tabbing in and out could have had something to do with it.

-Upon city founding Swamp-dwelling and Seafaring were available to me

-I started at -1243060gp/t and at 0% research, and when I increased research output to 100%, the -gp/t increased but had no real effect. The next turn though my research went back to 0%

-The ability to make my Awakened join my city is greyed out although that could be because of a Scions mechanic that I'm not aware of.

-Got the Korinna message at Turn 1 but no Korinna unit

-Also got the infinite promotions for my starting Centeni and Velite, and while my Velite upgraded all the way to xienwolf's "future tech"-esque promotion, my Centeni stopped gaining at level 12 after I grabbed the Headless promotion even though promotions still looked like they were available

-Something in general that I've noticed is that interacting with other leaders takes a ridiculously long amount of time because while their window pops up, options for interaction (ie: ask them about other leaders, or open up the deal window) take forever to show up. In fact I haven't actually waited long enough to see how long or even if those options show up at all as I often just hit escape to close the window and continue with the game.

EDIT: just realized I posted these in the wrong thread :\

Just downloading this now, but was looking at the change log. I notice that haste lasts as long as you have someone in the group able to cast it, any plan on adding other spells like this(a natural seems to be the new acceleration force1 spell). Of course you might already have done that. :)

I also worry slightly about the archery range + jousting field happiness with whats already a great civic in aristocracy. I'll have to play a game or two with them to see how powerful it is.

it seems that when i play custom game.. if i disable certain civ i can get to the map with infinite experience...

other times it will get stuck in the initiation stage...

will have to try loading civ one by one... but dont have the time flying out in the morning tommorow and wont be back till dec1

Regarding the haunted land gfx...would it be too g-card nuking to have a blue tinged terrain tile with a ghostly looking smoke effect? By that I mean the smoke effect with ghosts in it?

Otherwise, how about the haunted lands being shrouded by a mist?

edit: oh yeah,:bowdown:

Any chance Scions of Patria will include a haunted lands graphic suggestion soon.

I believe the only obstacle keeping us from a better HL graphic is my inability to make one. I'll take another stab at it, though, using a different method. (And probably actually boning up on the subject.)

Oh and please Tarqueline (I think thats how you spell it) can you make a short guide on how the Scions work, it could just be a pdf.

Did you see the Scions documentation thread? (Put up late yesterday.) When I'm done revising it I'll probably make an html file for inclusion in FF.

Until I actually got the promotion only to find out that it made them undead, their skin rot slightly, and beheaded them! .... Also ghostwalkers turning that funky blueish color with that glow is to cool in the haunted lands.

Those are a couple of my favorite "touches" too. Glad you like them.

on the paper wandering sage are under national unit limit - 4 - but in reality you can build them as much as you wish.

...and in one occasion I got 2 (two) artifacts from lair,

I just noticed that the ice spells were divided into two groups. I've been on an Illian binge of late, using my snowfall casting archmagi to blast my enemy to icy bits. Reviewing the changelog, snowfall is now a level 3 devine spell and no longer available to archmagi (oh nooooo!! jk). The only priests available to the Illians are the Priests of Winter.

Do these guys eventually gain a third level to be able to cast snowfall?

Top Bottom