Expansion, Expansion (question two)

metsfan51591

Chieftain
Ok. Finally got C3C :D

How do I expand differently in this version? I was told city placement was supposed to be ICS but that doesnt seem like it would work to me. Also, whats the citizen differences for town/city/metropolis (for unit support). And is doing the temporal city strategy a good idea? (where x in this pic is city that is later disbanded:

)
Basically any tips for expanding in Conquests to maximize unit output/science/whatever is needed to gain the advantage would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tyler

RCP is not bad, but it does not do anything for corruption in C3C. You can just plant towns for your style and level.

IOW what you should could be done on low levels, if you want. Better to go with CxxxC at low levels to reduce some of the dead tiles you get for most of the game and reduce the load on workers.

Best is CxxC for all levels as it allows you to cover towns with roads and even slow movers. It reduces to the minimum the worker load without going ICS.

ICS is a special case for certain games and maps and maybe for very late founding on large maps.

The main difference is that RCP doesn't work in conquests. ICS is not good everywhere. Using ICS in the core is usually a bad idea. ICS is good only in the corrupt land because there you don't need any buildings, you just need a big population. In the core you should aim for 12 tiles per city.

I don't think disbanding the temporary cities is a good idea. You really gain nothing compared to a core of size 12 cities and you have to waste your time building hospitals and workers to move population.

Also your city placement is terrible in the short term. You will have gaps in your culture, so you'll have to build useless stuff like temples to work all those tiles and 60 shields is really a lot in the early game, you are also wasting lots of food by not sharing the cow between 2 cities and finally your corruption from distance will be quite significant in despotism.

Build cities closer together without any strict pattern or spacing rules, but try have an average of 12 tiles per city. Build your first cities near the food bonuses (coew and game).

Yes, as obormot sais. let me stress this. Dont use any patterns !!!

Just find the best sites for your cities and try to have about 12 tiles per city in total. You will be able to shift around the tiles between cities to make it fit.

You can easilly have your cities like CxCxC on a river and then have a CxxxC distance to other towns from there to make up for the close placement at the river.

12 tiles per city is for the productive core. In corrupt area's, use ICS. (maximum number of cities you can fit in the area)

On multiplayer games never use CxxxC city placement and sometimes not even CxxC, do that thing on the rivers like whacken proposes and place all other CxxC always even if it wont give you a 12 square productive, so you can defend you cities on a 3 distance basis, and always have all cities connect by roads.
For start you can even put a city CxC from your capital if a river exists, this will make you gain a big advantage over other human players.

The CxCxC is cool for all other further cities as youll be using them for worker factorys, whealth, rushing units and so on.

RickFGS said:
On multiplayer games never use CxxxC city placement and sometimes not even CxxC, do that thing on the rivers like whacken proposes and place all other CxxC always even if it wont give you a 12 square productive, so you can defend you cities on a 3 distance basis, and always have all cities connect by roads.
For start you can even put a city CxC from your capital if a river exists, this will make you gain a big advantage over other human players.

The CxCxC is cool for all other further cities as youll be using them for worker factorys, whealth, rushing units and so on.

You don't build spearmen in multiplayer do you ?

-I don't build defenders in multiplayer, so i just build my cities where they are best. No need for CxxC.

Edit: Oh wait, you are the creator of the border wall ! :)

Oh man oh man go play some online games on gamespy, put the CxxxC system on multiplayer against me and i promisse you wont last no more than 30m, or any other multiplayer games player for that matter. Your arguments are just offensive, but you are clearly used to play AI.

PS: On the border wall i even use what you say in here man, go read it and cry, lol. The only thing different is that i use it for the defense, because i find it fun. If you want to criticize at least read before doing it.

RickFGS I can't see where anyone advocated CxxxC for MP games. So I guess you are carring on a conversation with yourself. I doubt anyone with knowledge of the game would use CxxxC or even CxxC in an MP game.

MP or PBEM against experienced players does not come down to skills, it comes down to start locations and RNG. It is only when one player has better skills that skills matters.

I think I already mentioned that nothing players here are talking about is for MP, it is for solo games. That is what they are playing. MP players have a forum. So there is no sense in pointing out this or that would or would not work in MP, we don't care about it.

It is just like Moo2, MP games have little to do with solo games. They are played differently. You cannot really compare them.

RickFGS said:

Well my post was this and as you can read i clearlly say multiplayer, so ok, you dont want to know for multi, only for single, np sorry for that. As for whacken whenever you want man, i need your teachings...or not he he he.

Fine by me wacken, thks for the link, ill play on CDZ then, np with that, ive already registered and im ready for it.

PS: on gamespy games are played on simultaneuos moves, its not a site....

Game rules will be? All civs pick? Acc prod?

Oh, maybe there are good things about such places, but i get shivers when i hear the names of those commercial gaming sites. And it sure looks like that when i enter gamespy in my browser :)

I sent you mail.

Top Bottom