Simple Python Things

Tried PoM's version but when trying to load the mod, the game closes and never loads the mod. Is this what you experienced too? Thanks again for the quick replies and support. :)

Yeah I know it's not working properly at the moment, but it's at least loading up on my machine. :confused:

I posted it mainly to view the source files and code I changed. I'll work on it a bit when I have more time.

Tried PoM's version but when trying to load the mod, the game closes and never loads the mod. Is this what you experienced too? Thanks again for the quick replies and support. :)

Oh I just found your comment in the downloads page. You can't run this with warlords. Sorry I didn't mention it already but this is BtS only. It will definitely fail if you try to run it with warlords.

Tried it for BtS with the same result. I just realized the thread title was for BtS, any chance this type of mod could be altered to work for Warlords as well? Thanks in advance.

Then i guess, that you didn't install one of the last patches (minimum 3.13 for the python version, the current one is 3.19 and needed for PieceOfMinds version). Please look, what version you have, patch if needed, or say, that you've already done it.

Once I patched up to 3.19 as suggested, I eventually got it to work. One thing I noticed was that I had to have both Always War and Always Real War checked in order for it to work.

I understand this is probably not the right place, but I'm wondering, is there any possible way to get this to work for the Warlords expansion? This exact mod is kinda what I'm looking for and since we're already on this topic I thought I'd give it a shot to ask. Thanks in advance.

True that. No need, friend bought BtS so we're good to go. Thanks for all the help! I look forward to more great mods!

Honestly i have to say, that i haven't worked modular yet :blush:, so i don't know, if the modular system itself in the file is right, sorry.

For my code: You use an older version of the marauder code, you should instead merge the newer one.
It adds the missing messages and fixes a small bug in the ai promoting code.

Honestly i have to say, that i haven't worked modular yet :blush:, so i don't know, if the modular system itself in the file is right, sorry.

For my code: You use an older version of the marauder code, you should instead merge the newer one.
It adds the missing messages and fixes a small bug in the ai promoting code.

OK i got it figured out anyways, but thx.:p Keep up these small pythons, i REALLY REALLY like them.

What do you mean exactly?
I had some time troubles, i will hopefully be able to do it this weekend, but not sure atm :(.

No problem, I´m not attacker :) I was know only If you do not forgot, If you have time to future. Your minimods do inherent part of my mod :)
sorry and thanks Hroch

:goodjob:

Thank you both :), nice to hear that.

Ecumenical Council

Image:

Spoiler :

Mod parts:
Spoiler :

In CvGameUtils.py is the code for 6 or more religions. Code is labeld with "ecumenical council", only 1 part.
In CvEventManager is the code for the improvement of the relationship, also labeled with "ecumenical council", also only 1 part.

Other parts:
Assets\XML\PythoncallbackDefines.xml to activate the callback in CvGameUtils.

For the buidling: Assets\XML\Buildings\BuildingClassInfos.xml and Buildingsinfos.xml
For the building art: Assets\XML\Art\Structures\Buildings\EcumenicalCoun cil with the art.
Assets\XML\Art\ArtDefines_Buildings.xml to get the art in.
Assets\XML\Text\EcumenicalCouncil_gametext.xml for the text.

No wondermovie available.

The 3D modell is the bampton church by hrochland.

This modcomp was requested by hrochland.

@hrochland: I thought, the suggested effect could be to weak, so i've added a free priest. Maybe it's still to weak, but everybody is free to change the XML to his/her own taste.

@Real Alway War: I've taken again a look at the code, it seems fine to me. I didn't remember it correctly, i've thought, i did it wrong, but it's okay.

I hope, that i can get some things done at the next weekend, but it's not sure :(.
For example, i still have to replace the current buttons for some of the promotions with new buttons from TheLadiesOgre, but i just didn't have the time to do it :(.

I'm sad that I can't find a use for that in WoL, but good job anyhow! We eagerly await your next modcomp! :D

Thank you both :).
I'm a bit sad, that the progress is so slow at the moment :(. I'm not lacking motivation, it's just the time.

There is a movie for Bampton Church: here

I know ;).
But i don't think, that it fits for the wonder (because i don't use the 3D model as itself).

Hi J,

Great job on the Spawn Civ. That's exactly what I need for my mod to finally add the Ottomans around 1300 AD.

I have two questions though:

- Would it work on Bts 3.17?

- Most importantly, how do I determine where on the map the new civ (Ottomans) spawns? In my case it clearly must be in Anatolia (on GEM).

Or the new civ automatically takes over the area of the civ that triggered the spawning?
If so I could just have the Seljuk Turks trigger the Ottomans.

Please let me know.
I'm quite eager to implement these changes...as I have been trying to reproduce Rhye's spawning via python, for a while, and I was ecstatic when I saw that just 3 weeks ago you created the xml+python.

Thanks!

Just wondering if i did this correct or not.

Here is YOUR old Militia code:

Code:
###Militia Start ###
		pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX, iY)
		if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_FARM'):
                        serfdom = gc.getInfoTypeForString( "CIVIC_SERFDOM" )
                        iPlayer = pPlot.getOwner()
                        pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
                        if (pPlayer.isCivic(serfdom)==True):
                                era = pPlayer.getCurrentEra ()
                                if (era == gc.getInfoTypeForString( "ERA_MEDIEVAL" )):

and if i wanted to change it to another civic, would it look like this or what?

Code:
###Militia Start ###
		pPlot = CyMap().plot(iX, iY)
		if iImprovement == gc.getInfoTypeForString('IMPROVEMENT_FARM'):
                        [B][B]castesystem[/B][/B] = gc.getInfoTypeForString( "CIVIC_[B]CASTE_SYSTEM[/B]" )
                        iPlayer = pPlot.getOwner()
                        pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
                        if (pPlayer.isCivic([B]castesystem[/B])==True):
                                era = pPlayer.getCurrentEra ()

Yes, that's right :yup:.
In fact, you've done more than needed.
It would also work, if you just change CIVIC_SERFDOM to CIVIC_CASTE_SYSTEM, but that's a "dirty" way, so it's much better :).

- Would it work on Bts 3.17?

Yes, it does.
The python has not been changed from 3.17 to 3.19.

- Most importantly, how do I determine where on the map the new civ (Ottomans) spawns? In my case it clearly must be in Anatolia (on GEM).

Or the new civ automatically takes over the area of the civ that triggered the spawning?
If so I could just have the Seljuk Turks trigger the Ottomans.

Sorry :(, at the moment it's not possible to determine, where a civ starts. The new civ will just spawn somewhere, where it's not to crowded and the land is not that bad.

If i have time this weekend (that's probably not the case), i could maybe do the change for cybrxkhan and add a small section, where you can just add the X and Y coordinates for the first city (@Capo: I've thought a bit more about the tech thing, it's not completly trivial).
Where the coordinates are on your map, you have to find out yourself :/.

Please let me know.
I'm quite eager to implement these changes...as I have been trying to reproduce Rhye's spawning via python, for a while, and I was ecstatic when I saw that just 3 weeks ago you created the xml+python.

Thanks!

:)
Again nice to see, that there's somebody, who can use it.

Top Bottom