BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

BUFFY itself shouldn't need it. If you move the Info and UserSettings folders out of the BUFFY folder into a new folder in your My Games / BTS folder called BUFFY, it should use that for user settings. The only reason elevated permissions are needed in Vista/7 is that it needs to write the user's settings, and by default those going into the mod's folder to keep things tidy.

Ok, found the problem!
In the tip thread for installing under vista or 7 (got 7 64 bits) here http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista
under 2. Execution Permissions we got this...
a. Mark an application to always run elevated
If I remove this the mouse button is ok, everywhere normal BTS 3.19 or Buffy mod.
What it does though is that it disqualified me from playing the game of the month or something, I don't care about that, and if I want to play this I'll know what to do. There must be a way to fix this even under elevated permission but I don't know how...So yes and no it's not directly Buffy fault but indirectly yes...
Anyway
Thanks
It also disqualifies play for the HOF. If you don't care about that either, then you should probably just use the BUG Mod and BULL rather than BUFFY. Not that I understand why giving a program elvated permissions would make your mouse assignment not work. :crazyeye:

Hi Denniz

Windows 7 64 bits must be better than Vista cause it did not crash once yet, without setting the compatility mode.

Before you said that I should maybe use the BUG mod and BULL instead of BUFFY, why, what's the difference?

And I don't know everything about Buffy yet, there is so many thing in that, but I love it, it's awesome. Well documented, well done, everywhere I look there is something improved. Just Great. Much better than what I thought. It would be very hard to play without it now :)

Hi Denniz

Windows 7 64 bits must be better than Vista cause it did not crash once yet, without setting the compatility mode.

Before you said that I should maybe use the BUG mod and BULL instead of BUFFY, why, what's the difference?

And I don't know everything about Buffy yet, there is so many thing in that, but I love it, it's awesome. Well documented, well done, everywhere I look there is something improved. Just Great. Much better than what I thought. It would be very hard to play without it now :)
We partnered with the BUG team to create BUFFY. (i.e. BUFFY = BUG + BULL + HOF rules code.) BUFFY is really for the HOF and GOTM competitions. If you don't plan to submit, BUG and BULL have all the same features without the competition stuff. You can learn more about them here.

Right, I have reinstalled Civ4 and BUFFY.

So what exactly do I add to the shortuct command line to load BUFFY on startup?

I had posted a problem with my vanilla assets and the HOF mod previously. I didn't deal with it for a while, but am now 1 game away from Monarch EQM and I need a vanilla space vic. I unistalled everything and reinstalled vanilla, the 1.74 patch, the HOF 1.74.004 mod, and did the vista fixes again, but then got an "assets do not match" error. I ran asset checker and got the following error:

Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll Error: Files do not match

How do I fix this? Please speak slowly. I am a layman at best with a pc.

Thanks!

I think I know the answer to this one but I am not sure. Anyway, have you installed BtS and patched to v319? If not, then do this ...
  1. copy 'CvGameCoreDLL.dll' and change name of copy to 'CvGameCoreDLL-v174.dll'
  2. install BtS
  3. patch to v319
It is funny, but the v319 (and the warlords patches) actually update your core dll file.

I had posted a problem with my vanilla assets and the HOF mod previously. I didn't deal with it for a while, but am now 1 game away from Monarch EQM and I need a vanilla space vic. I unistalled everything and reinstalled vanilla, the 1.74 patch, the HOF 1.74.004 mod, and did the vista fixes again, but then got an "assets do not match" error. I ran asset checker and got the following error:

Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll Error: Files do not match

How do I fix this? Please speak slowly. I am a layman at best with a pc.

Thanks!

I think I know the answer to this one but I am not sure. Anyway, have you installed BtS and patched to v319? If not, then do this ...
  1. copy 'CvGameCoreDLL.dll' and change name of copy to 'CvGameCoreDLL-v174.dll'
  2. install BtS
  3. patch to v319
It is funny, but the v319 (and the warlords patches) actually update your core dll file.

That is correct except you should move the renamed file out of the Civ4 path as it will show up as an extra file. If you have already installed BTS, you can get the correct DLL from the GOTM FAQ. First question, 3rd bullet.

The DLL shouldn't be causing a asset message unless it is one from 3.17 or something.

Ok. I installed BtS, etc, but now I have an "assets do not match error," in 1.7.004 but no Vanilla errors listed in assets checker and the BtS shader errors from the first time came back.
:confused:

Ok. I installed BtS, etc, but now I have an "assets do not match error," in 1.7.004 but no Vanilla errors listed in assets checker and the BtS shader errors from the first time came back.
:confused:
I am not sure what is going on if the assetschecker isn't showing any errors. Did you leave the renamed dll in the vanilla path? Make sure you have done the Vista\Win7 Fixes.

There is a link on the Assetchecker page to a zip file with the shader files.

I have done the fixes and moved the dll to my desktop. I unzipped the shader files appropriately and am now getting no errors from asset checker, but still got the "assets are diffrerent from a standard install" message. Here is the save game.

Attachments

• Shaun BC-4000assets.Civ4SavedGame
    13.9 KB · Views: 44
I have done the fixes and moved the dll to my desktop. I unzipped the shader files appropriately and am now getting no errors from asset checker, but still got the "assets are diffrerent from a standard install" message. Here is the save game.
The save file appears to have the correct assets as the checksums match. Can you screen print the warning you are getting? Edit: Are you setting 'Locked Modified Assets'?

Here are some shots and the save that goes with them:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Shaun BC-4000hof.Civ4SavedGame
    13.9 KB · Views: 52
I'm not sure where to post this question, but every time I try to load BUFFY it has a error that says unable to save settings. Game will not be valid for HOF submission. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this ;)

I'm not sure where to post this question, but every time I try to load BUFFY it has a error that says unable to save settings. Game will not be valid for HOF submission. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this ;)

Most likely scenario os that you are using Vista or Windows 7. If you're not intending to submit games for the Hall of Fame or Game of the Month or compete in the Succession Game of the Month then this is nothing to worry about (although you should probably just use BUG in this case). If you are please have a look at our Vista/Win 7 fixes. These should solve this problem.

Also, and the HOF mod guys should probably answer this for you, but I don't think that any HOF submission is dependent on you being able to save your BUFFY settings - it just means that you have to reset them to your liking at the start of each session.

Obviously, the ideal solution is to fix the issue :).

Top Bottom