Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

Still feels like it is missing something. These things take time, but I still feel BtS had more things going for it.

Still want to see a greater plethora of resources. Unique resources sounds promising, but I feel we are lacking strategic resources as is.

I would also like to see colonization and corporations brought back in at some point. Especially colonization since that was a huge deal in history. There should be engines where colonies can develop into independent CS's or multiple colonizations can combine to form a new civilization with a new leader.

Also I'd like to see an engine where CS's with similar interests in close proximity could forge alliances, becoming a new civilization in so many turns until the alliance is broken, rather than just being rivals to one another. For Mods perhaps since no Civ game has ever had that mechanic.

And we need more future era type stuff. Not just a scenario but something in the game.

Yeah, like all the stuff they added in the Warlords expansion pack.

o Empires of the Smoky Skies: Build flying airships and huge tractor-like tanks from the unique tech tree of this Victorian science-fiction scenario, and use them to spread your empire across the pre-industrial world.

Shut up and take my money!

I hope they fix the annoying UI problems, and bugs like unit icons staying over after a unit died. Also, can they not force people to move every-single-unit before ending turn? Civ IV at least allowed you that luxury. It would help remove a lot of tedious micromanagement from the game.

I hope they fix the annoying UI problems, and bugs like unit icons staying over after a unit died. Also, can they not force people to move every-single-unit before ending turn? Civ IV at least allowed you that luxury. It would help remove a lot of tedious micromanagement from the game.

Set it to alert/fortify/fortify until healed/sleep/click "do nothing".......

new article:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/13/civilization-v-gods-and-kings-lets-you-wage-holy-wars-preview/

key point ('cause everything else seems like it was ripped from every other article already published):

"The new civilizations such as the Dutch are a nice touch. They thrive in trade and can use a new privateer unit that can raid coastal cities and steal wealth from them. They’re particularly good at taking marsh land a building dikes that convert it into fertile farmland. They can develop polders that generate extra food and tulips that can be traded."

Sweet!

I'm waiting for this expansion a lot.

Also in said article:

"if you reach the Renaissance and science becomes popular, the power of your religion wanes. Before that happens, you’ll want to take advantage of your holy warriors to wage successful jihads."

Holy Warriors and Religious wars!

Also in said article:

"if you reach the Renaissance and science becomes popular, the power of your religion wanes. Before that happens, you’ll want to take advantage of your holy warriors to wage successful jihads."

Holy Warriors and Religious wars!

What does "science becomes popular" mean? Increased beaker count? Why wouldn't science be popular before? What does "reaching the Renaissance" have to do with anything?? It's just an era label that almost always have nothing to do with the real life Renaissance.

The more I think about it, the more I believe religion should only be in scenarios (religion would make good ones). I think they're trying to force a more predictable gameplay, which is always bad in a Civ main game.

Can religion, in a particular game, be nothing more than an irrelevant set of bonuses? Or can the opposite happen too where you can make religion dominant throughout the whole game? Stuff like "if you reach the Renaissance and science becomes popular, the power of your religion wanes" sounds very bad, like what they did in Civ3.

Why interject a real life historical scenario into the main game?

What does "science becomes popular" mean? Increased beaker count? Why wouldn't science be popular before?

Perhaps it will be related to the adoption of Rationalism. It seems that spies are opened up for all players when a single player reaches the Renaissance, so perhaps there's a similar global mechanic with waning religion when the most advanced society reaches the Renaissance.

Gamespot shows: Release Date: Q2 2012

Top Bottom