OFW1 Science and Industry

OneFastWarrior

Asthma Hound Chihuahua
Okay, My try at my 1st SG game hosted. I previously played in 1 SG game (TSK1) and we won on Monarch level with the Japanese, Domination.

So here we go.

This is in PTW 1.21

We will be The Mighty Persians(because they more than anyone else has pissed me off when playing against them).

This will be a large world
Barbarians: Restless
Archipeligo with 60% water
Arid and Warm
4 billion years old
All victory conditions are allowed(although, I personally would like to try for a 20K cultural victory,(yes believe it or not, I thought of this before Crackers gotm22 pregame announcement;) ))
no respawn of AI's
10 civs including us.
They are as follows
Babylon
Greece
Korea
Russia
All of these civs are Scientific
America
Carthage
China
Egypt
All of these civs are industrious
and finnaly the Ottomans who are both traits, just like us!

We have a culturally linked start
The game is on Monarch level

We Start the game with Masonry and Bronze working

The start is quite nice, I think, For a 20K victory.

Please join my quest and if we have to go for another victory condition, well, so be it!!

The roster is at 3 as of now, and we will do fine anyway.
1.Northern Pike
2.mad-bax
3.OneFastWarrior
4.DisruptiveIdiot (retired)

here is the starting spot.

Sorry, I did not know how to shrink the picture, I tried and it did not work:confused:

Turns will be 20 for each player in 1st round then 10 turns thereafter,

I would really like input from master players if you are lurking!

Also, if you are just lurking and have never played an SG before, they are great, you'lll love it! Join now!:)

here is the save if anyone wants to check it out!

Save Game

I'd like to join, if there's room. I play at deity in my solo games, but I have no experience of succession games, so this looks like a good place for me to start.

Have you decided whether you want the capital to be the 20K culture city? This has a lot of advantages, of course, but you do lose the palace pre-build for Wonders.

cool, you are in. I have not really decided If the capitol should be the 20K or not. I kind of think it would be good Especially if we had the capital on the coast right by the river. We would not to waste time on an Aqueduct and we would be able to build colosus, Great lighthouse. but like you said no palace prebuild.

good to have ya, what spot would you like to play?
Being a Deity player, I think you would be a good one to start us off. ;)

<delurk>

Far be it for me to give advice, but I have been playing a couple of 20K games recently. I would say that ideally you would have the first city as a settler factory and the second as your 20K. The 20K is best placed as you say on the coast by a river and would have high shield potential.

Being able to pre-build far outweighs any other consideration.

I would sign up myself as I think I'm going to give GOTM a miss for a while, but I don't thing the US and UK versions of 1.21 are compatible.

<relurk>

Originally posted by mad-bax
I would sign up myself as I think I'm going to give GOTM a miss for a while, but I don't thing the US and UK versions of 1.21 are compatible.
Sure they are. Many of the games I have played in have people from America and Europe together. I am not signing up, but I will offer a bit of advice. You will want a temple as quickly as possible in your 20k city and the big wonders to get in the Ancient Age are the Oracle, the Great Library, and the Hanging Gardens. Add in an early temple and an early library and two of JS Bachs, Sistine, and Shakespeare's Theater, and there is your 20k.

I thought the European version was compatible.

Thanks for the advice Speaker.

on a side note. can anyone see the starting pic I posted? I could see it at home last night, but I cannot see it at work.

If not I'll try to remedy that when I get home today. I have to stay inside anyway, it's like over 100 degrees here today

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention! We must not break any deals and generally play an honorable game!

The uploads server has been down all day.
Please add me to the roster. :)

sure thing, any preferance of what position?

Hey I used to play some succession games but I quit civ 3 (for the third time :D) and forgot my account pass. I'm an average player on Monarch and I'd love to start playing SG's again.

Do I get in? >_>

Glad to have ya, DisruptiveIdiot

:D

*dances*

Perhaps we should temporarily use a free webhost to post saves/screenshots due to the upload server being down?

Can anyone see the starting Pic?

If you cannot, IRRC(I'm at work) our starting location is 1 tile NE of a grassland squarewhich is next to a river and on a coast(I Believe) with a couple of BG squares and 2 or 3 forest squares right in the area.

Who would like to start the game, and what does everyone think should be our 1st course(s) of action.

I am still waiting until about 6pm pst to see if I get replies from the 2 that I pm'ed.

I can't see the starting pic (unless we're starting on a red X).

Since I can't see the start I have no idea what to do. However we should rush to get iron ASAP to take on our enemies. In the mean time we can get a warrior army to mass upgrade when we do get iron.

PS : If we don't get iron we're screwed over.

Edit : Missed the part about the 20k victory, usually when I see Persians I think conquest =\

well, 20K is what I would like to try for, but.... you never know, ;)

Than we smash! Idiot SMASH opposition! :D
Hmm, the more civilizations we take out, the more likely we'll get the 20k victory. However we'd have to avoid domination...

I agree, remember, this is a game generated archipeligo and large world, with only 10 civs, so it might be a while before we make (much) contact.

in case you did not see, I eddited back a few posts ago

IRRC(I'm at work) our starting location is 1 tile NE of a grassland squarewhich is next to a river and on a coast(I Believe) with a couple of BG squares and 2 or 3 forest squares right in the area.

Hopefully we're on an island with a civ that may cause us some trouble later if they were to survive. That way we could eliminate the threat early.

Hey the upload servers back up! Our start is ok, could be better with more bonus resources but it's still good.

The starting position is a perfect 20K site once the settler moves to the coast. Hopefully there will be a food bonus at a nearby location for a settler factory cum worker pump.

Using your first city for the 20K is slightly more difficult than using the second for two reasons. 1st you can't pre-build until/unless you jump the capital away from that city (wasting a leader) and secondly, because settler production comes from the second city, and the first city is wonder building, expansion is slow. Don't expect to build more than around 6 cities b4 1000BC.

Don't worry Disruptive, we'll be at war most of the time to fish for leaders, only it will be a little more clever. And If we lack iron for our UU it's no big deal as we can trigger our GA at any time with the right wonders. UU's are overrated IMO.

I'm up in another SG ATM so I can go anywhere on the roster except first, unless you wait for a couple of days to get 1 or two more people. You will get them, particularly if you edit your post in the registry to show the game filling up.

Bah the immortals are not overrated. With them Emperor Idiot of the <insert roster position here> dynasty will smash Persia's opposition!

Top Bottom