Welcome New Members

Moderator Action: blindsurprise's introduction thread merged into the main welcome new members thread.

I've been playing Civ 1 since the demo on the cover disc of ST Format in the early nineties.

Got back into it a recently with AC and last year got Civ 3 and Civ4 BTS.

Just touched Civ BE last week

After reading/viewing all the user's guides and tip threads I could find, I'm beginning to think I should have played an earlier Civ game before jumping into Civ: BE as a Civ rookie.
:)

I have been playing since Civ III
I played Civ 5 a lot especially multi
I liked BE, i am playing it for 2-3 days, i am still trying to learn.:goodjob:

I'm 41, and my bf just introduced me to this pc game yesterday and I'd like to delve into it; however I don't know where to start! Which games should I buy that have been released or should I start with 5 and ignore the first four; or start at one and buy the whole series? Do these games build on layers or if I want to play Civ 1 I have to put that disc in and if I want to move to Civ 5 put THAT disc in? I apologize, but I really have no clue. I do enjoy going in order, say like with my Sims games, I like to learn from the beginning, so just tell me what to buy. lol TIA

Welcome to Civfanatics! You are probably best starting with Civ V. Civs 1 and 2 aren't really available any more, and 3 and 4 have some age on them (fun, but dated). Civ V is a Steam-only game, so you don't need CDs -- just purchase the game through Steam or another online retailer (you can watch for sales), get your Steam activation code, and download and install the game from Steam.

Civ V does provide several options -- there's the original "vanilla" game and there are two expansions (Gods & Kings and Brave New World), plus various DLCs (downloadable content)--mostly extra civilizations and some map packs. If you look for "Civ V Complete" it will include the vanilla game, both expansions and all of the DLCs except the two most recent map packs (which aren't needed to enjoy the game).

Hi everybody!!

Just joined this forum today and thought I would say hello! I'm amazed I am only joining now considering I have been a fanatic of Civ all my life!! I've played every incarnation of this series since I first played the first game on the Amiga all those years ago!! Glad to come to a place where other people share my addiction of this amazing game series!!

my first ever Post on CFC

well i have civ'd quite a while before joining the CFC

I have achieved much I have won as the Boars nuked Gandhi and done many things of the sort

and I would like to say Hello to everyone

Moderator Action: Moved to Welcome New Members thread.

Hi CivFanatics. I've been playing Civilization for almost a year I think the first game I played was Civilization IV and I bought the expansion Beyond the Sword for it and I really enjoyed the game! Really fun to play and I love history and geography so it was really interesting for me I'm so glad I found this series but I wish I heard of it earlier!

Recently I bought Civilization V with all the DLC's and that is now my favorite game and I have been playing it a lot recently. Still learning the game and I learn something new everyday.

Hello!

Noob civ player from EU here :) Was playing old civs a bit but now focusing on BE only :)

Cheers :)

Hi everybody,
I'm Italian boy and I started with CIV4. Now I'm playing Rising Tide, I really like Beyond Earth.

Hi there. New player from Sri Lanka. Started playing with Civ BE, and worked back to V with BNW. Planning on getting Gods and Kings for V and Rising Tide for BE.

Hello, everyone! I started to play Civilization seriously this year with Revolution version and now I play both: Revolution and Beyond Earth.

P.S. I was born in the USSR by the way :)

Top Bottom