Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Windows 8. It works perfectly on Windows 8.
I don't use a steam version (thankfully). Just in case you needed to know if it worked on Windows 8.

I use Windows 8. It works perfectly on Windows 8.
I don't use a steam version (thankfully). Just in case you needed to know if it worked on Windows 8.

No problem here as well.

Is it possible to resurrect a civ that is outside of it's historical respawn dates? Has anyone seen an A.I. player resurrect a dead civ?

Some civs cannot be resurrected after certain years (usually their last possible respawn year).

The AI never uses the release mechanic.

As Royal Tenenbaum said, it's not possible to program AIs to use the mechanic?

For example, if an AI is unstable due to overexpansion, it could try releasing cities in foreign core areas to stave off collapse? It sounds like a doozy to program, and the effort vs. reward is questionable at best, but that's my two cents.

The hard part would be weighting the balance of losing the released cities vs the risk of a crisis.

Also I think the AI should run into expansion problems and instead release the dead civs through the normal collapse mechanics.

Is Marathon speed balanced? Like for example, all the time triggers aren't going to be messed up right?
Just checking before I start a long game.:)

I noticed that right off the bat it says welcome to year 1701, when it's 1699
and silliness and randomness is increased exponentially the more turns you give to the dumb AI
but I believe everything else is fine

Game is balanced for Monarch/Normal. Anything else some messy stuff can start to happen (Poland :rolleyes:). All scripting and triggers should either be the same or equivalent.

Marathon and Epic, especially marathon, you will often find give some unexpected stuff simply because the AI can get further and there are more turns for things to get messy, as mentioned above, similar to 3000 BC vs. 600 AD.

A long game will certainly be entertaining, but not game-breaking.

Have fun!

Marathon and Epic are generally fine. My RFC-DoC stories are never on Normal. I'd say that if you play an ancient or a medieval civ, you'll lose some of the RFC experience if you play it on Normal.

Is Marathon speed balanced? Like for example, all the time triggers aren't going to be messed up right?
Just checking before I start a long game.:)
Everything scales with the game speed, e.g. spawns and other timed events take place in appropriate years.

Of course Marathon changes the game experience somewhat as there are more turns and therefore more opportunities for successful wars, and the tech progression doesn't line up as well with the date, but these are the usual consequences you already know from BtS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom