Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can instead disable certain buildings for civilizations in the civ infos file.

How about changing the capital of the ancient Egypt? The capital of the Old Kingdom was Men-nefer(Greek: Memphis). Niwt-rst became the capital only later during the Middle Kingdom period.

How about changing the capital of the ancient Egypt? The capital of the Old Kingdom was Men-nefer(Greek: Memphis). Niwt-rst became the capital only later during the Middle Kingdom period.

He does have a point:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kingdom_of_Egypt

There'd be a lot more synergy between the scenarios if Memphis is there instead of Thebes(Niwt Rst) at the start. Maybe the AI would be more willing to settle the Alexandria spot in such an instance too? I honestly wouldn't mind seeing an Alexandria-Memphis-Thebes setup (AI does it half the time in 600 AD anyway).

It is from CFC, I think I got it included in saibotlieh's Female Great People Mod.

Love the mod by the way, however I don't understand the Turkish UP.
I also have a few suggestions,
1:First I think the Canada should be added as a civ as well as Australia.
2:When France makes a trading company they should receive Hanoi to represent French Indochina.
3:Italy should be a playable civ in the 1700 AD scenario.
4:Greece should also have a spawn in the 1700 AD scenario at the time they declared independence from the Ottoman Empire.
5:I think you should remove boston from the 1700 AD scenario since all it does is restrict New York.

Canada is already a civ in the SVN version.
French Indochina is far too late (19th century) to be represented by the trade companies, which are more 17th-18th century colonialism.

On what historical grounds do you think Italy should be a playable civ in 1700 ?

I am not sure why Leoreth did not lock this thread. We got sticky for all these questions.

Love the mod by the way, however I don't understand the Turkish UP.
You can do additional drafts as Turkey, however only in cities that have a non-state religion.

For instance, if you can, say, draft three units from Standing Army/Nationalism, you can do so in every city. After you've done that, as Turkey you can draft two additional times, but those additional drafts may only occur in cities with a religion that is not your state religion.

3:Italy should be a playable civ in the 1700 AD scenario.
4:Greece should also have a spawn in the 1700 AD scenario at the time they declared independence from the Ottoman Empire.
I think you're suggesting that they spawn later than 1700 AD?

That's currently not possible due to limitations of the engine / the way spawns are implemented. Currently, there is only one year where the autoplay of a civ can end regardless of scenario. That means that for instance for the 1700 AD scenario, I can't have autoplay for civs that spawn before 1700 AD. I can circumvent this limitation for civs that already exist in 1700 AD, because obviously there is no autoplay for them, but that's it for the moment until I get the opportunity to rewrite spawns.

Maybe to keep it historically accurate you could have them spawn as Naples in 1700 AD since they were a country around that time and they become Italy in the 1860s and for the AI the capital switches to Rome.

I'd rather do it properly.

You could try doing what you did with the Aztecs where they spawn again as Mexico and the player has the choice to flip to them.

You can do additional drafts as Turkey, however only in cities that have a non-state religion.

For instance, if you can, say, draft three units from Standing Army/Nationalism, you can do so in every city. After you've done that, as Turkey you can draft two additional times, but those additional drafts may only occur in cities with a religion that is not your state religion.

Does the unhappiness add on with each draft on the same turn in that city?

You could try doing what you did with the Aztecs where they spawn again as Mexico and the player has the choice to flip to them.
I could, but that sort of setup is tedious to implement and has its own weaknesses (graphics/interface bugs sometimes, no autoplay, switching takes two turns). I'd rather do it properly :)

Does the unhappiness add on with each draft on the same turn in that city?
Yes, same rules as for normal drafts. The UP only affects your overall number of drafts available.

How come when I load the mod I have no "play now" option? Play a scenario only gives a WB Quick Save option that takes me back to RFC? Any advice?

The mod is set up as a scenario for various reasons related to the RFC game mechanics. You should be able to select one of the scenarios though. Are you on BtS 3.19, and what happens if you launch a scenario directly from the Public Maps folder? In any case, there is no reason to load RFC before loading DoC, if that is what you are doing.

Hi thanks Leoreth for your reply. I am running 3.19. When I load the mod directly from BTS the only scenario I can load is WB Quick Save. When I do that it makes me reload RFC, and then the only scenarios I can selected are 3000BC and 600AD (ie no 1700AD), and when I select any scenario the civs on offer are clearly RFC ones with their RFC UHVs with only 3 difficulties available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom