A very quick multiplayer questions

Mudrac

Orc Warchief
Hello guys, I just want to ask a few very very quick multiplayer questions, hoping for very quick responses. My brother moved to Belgium a couple months ago, and just today he managed to buy Civ 5 with all expacs and DLCs for 18 euros! (hehe) So since we both have steam accounts and are on each others friends list (obviously). I would like to try out a multiplayer game with him (private of course, against an AI). So my two questions are:

1.) I saw some people who did let's plays in multi (also private matches) and then later continued those games, like they loaded a normal game. So I am interested if this is possible in Internet or only in hot-seat? To star a game, save it and then continue it later?

2.) If we both have mods like TSL Europe or Earth could we play on them over Internet?

Thanks in advance. :)

1: Never done an internet game that way, but I've saved LAN games and reloaded them that way. I'm pretty sure internet works the same way. After you save the game, just go to host a game, then there will be a load button that should let you load the game you saved, and then your brother should be able to join it just like he could when you started the game.

2: There's no way that I know of to play custom maps on internet games, but I think you can use the stock Earth map.

1) Yes, thankfully this is possible! I play a lot of Internet multiplayer with my friends and since none of us can afford to sit down and play for a 8+ hour stretch we save and reload. Just have the host of the game save before everyone disconnects and then he/she will be able to load up the game and invite all the players to join when you want to continue.
2) Regrettably, no; you have to play multiplayer on one of the "official" maps. No mods work in multiplayer (which sucks.)

Top Bottom