Do you quit on games you know you can't loose?

^^ I am pretty sparse with units, but I have hit unit supply cap when I only have one or two cities. It’s not effected by difficulty level. Are you playing Germany or something where you have more units than usual? Maybe at war and capturing workers? Idle GW waiting for GA? It is not much of a penalty, and you can probably get your count down by a couple units without much pain.

As to OP question, I am playing at a hard enough level that I am almost never very confident about winning. The few games I have done really well, VC was only a few turns away once I knew things were locked up, so for those I pressed on too. I think I might quit early for Epic/Marathon for non-domination runs, as I would think those games get tedious.

Depends on your hardware too. If atomic era turn waits are >1 min, it gets tedious quite quickly.

What do you use for AI:CS ratio? How did you come to playing this way and why do you like it?

Typically 1:1. I started playing like this because I wanted more action. There was a period where BNW was super-peaceful and I didn't much like it. I usually pick some aggressive AIs and leave the rest random. I lose quite a lot but that doesn't bother me.

It reduces randomness somewhat by making CS quests and alliances less important. I also usually play with ruins off because they are a major source of randomness. These settings nerf Siam, Shoshone and Greece so I don't choose them as opponents but they can still do OK when they pop up in the slots I leave random.

If you go to military overview, it provides details on unit supply limits. Key variables are number of maintenance free units, number of cities and population.

I always play till the very end, if my last city is under huge siege I look that the attacker gets hurt as much as possible.If I'm winning I still play till the very end and sometimes even more. I just like it to see my empire growing and growing in all areas...

I don't finish 90% of my games.. I almost always end up runaway and by the time you've reached Information Era, thing just feel a bit dull. Or maybe it's because I'm already too excited about my next game :) I just love the ancient - renaissance/industrial era's too much.

Yes. When I reach this point the game becomes what I call 'City Bashing'. Pounding a beaten opponent to run up a score is not fun.

WE, of the Traveling Hoard; measure time by the Celebrations of "Next Turn", having been on many Worlds, and Conquering most of them .

Again and again, WE find Ourselves in the positions of the Legendary Heckaawe Peoples, having to strive to survive, and thrive upon this new World; WE have the time, THIS WORLD IS OURS !!!

( I usually play with Time- and Diplo-VC's disabled .)

Top Bottom