Download and Current Changelog

Aaaand here's the last bit of code I have planned for SpawnGroups for this version (aside from moving some code out into it's own function, so python can call it). More will come eventually (listing spawngroups on the civ, so multiple civs may use them easily), but not for 1.31.

What changed? Check the units. The last version only listed one Goblin, one Wolf Rider, even though the list specified two of each... Each one was only loaded once.

Moved it to an array, instead of a list, and can now specify any arbitrary number of each unit to spawn. :goodjob:

question: there's box with text "Strategy Text Goes Here" ... ???
strategy ?? there's only one: "destroy or be destroyed" ... eventually there can be "ignore" in case of barbarian players ...

Well, i think strategy text is more of the description of what the unit can do, if they have any special behavior, what the promotions do, etc.

Flavor text is pure fluff. Their background story, some random scene from their lives and so on.

question: there's box with text "Strategy Text Goes Here" ... ???
strategy ?? there's only one: "destroy or be destroyed" ... eventually there can be "ignore" in case of barbarian players ...

What shoggi said.

It'll describe any special promotions/abilities/etc possessed by the units.

Hurray, I'm finally back in my apartment after visiting my parents for a month and now have access to a computer that can run civ, so I can actually play 1.3 instead of just reading about it!

I know you're probably sick of hearing this from me, but is the planned broader alignment in yet?

If not, I wonder if you would like me to join your team to work on that. The first thing I have done each time when downloading earlier versions of your mod, even before playing, is edit things up to affect alignment more.

I know you're probably sick of hearing this from me, but is the planned broader alignment in yet?

If not, I wonder if you would like me to join your team to work on that. The first thing I have done each time when downloading earlier versions of your mod, even before playing, is edit things up to affect alignment more.

The changes aren't finished, nor even really begun.

Nor can they be. :lol:

With 1.5, we will be redesigning the techtree, changing buildings, completely redoing unitlines (though only around 6 new unittypes, we will have at least 7 new unitcombats... Each combat is focused on a specific role), etc. While undergoing that process, alignment modifiers will be added where appropriate. Until then, there just isn't much point to doing it.

Actually, I can think of a few places where the system technically works, but isn't implemented much, such as with buildings and Civics. Though granted, you'll need to redo that when you change alignment from flat scores to counters altered every turn, it does seem kind of weird that there aren't some obvious effects now, like negative from slavery and positive ones from building infirmaries. Is the current system glitcy?

I'm still up for joining your team if you like, though all I can do is edit XML.

Actually, I can think of a few places where the system technically works, but isn't implemented much, such as with buildings and Civics. Though granted, you'll need to redo that when you change alignment from flat scores to counters altered every turn, it does seem kind of weird that there aren't some obvious effects now, like negative from slavery and positive ones from building infirmaries. Is the current system glitcy?

I'm still up for joining your team if you like, though all I can do is edit XML.

Oh, alignment isn't switching over entirely to perturn modifiers. Nor was that ever the intent. That mechanic is for Civics and Religions only, along with maybe a few wonders. It is OPEN to more, but only because I wanted to be inclusive. :lol:

It all technically works, it's just not implemented.

Then would you like me to join your staff? I work hard, as many in the (sadly bogged down) mod I've been in charge of will attest, and I have lots of experience modding alignment effects. I can also help with a number of other XML-related issues.

Like I said, there's no point in the implementation atm. If you'd like to do it, feel free to do so as a module (extremely easy, and all the needed tags ARE modular!), and we'd probably even include it with the mod (as with the Mekara); We just don't want to spend the time required on it, just to redo it at a later point.

Like I said, there's no point in the implementation atm. If you'd like to do it, feel free to do so as a module (extremely easy, and all the needed tags ARE modular!), and we'd probably even include it with the mod (as with the Mekara); We just don't want to spend the time required on it, just to redo it at a later point.

Needed tags are modular? I thought they were included with the building and civic xmls. Or what tags exactly are you speaking of?

Those tags are in the building and civic ( and unit and religion i think) xml indeed, but those xml tags can be modifed through modules. If you need an example of how modules work, look at the Mekara Order one.

My understanding of the Mekkara Order files is that they add something in that isn't coded for anywhere else. But if I were to make a new module with copies of the Civic and Building XMLs, would it override the main one, or just cause a conflict?

Edit: Also, what is the difference between Ethical Alignment Modifier and Ethical Alignment Shift?

I believe you have to use the <bForceOverride> tag or the one like it. And I believe the entire entry needs to be included, not just the lines being overridden.

Thanks. Anyone know about the "shift vs. modifier" thing?

Top Bottom