Which AI personality annoys you the most?

I think shaka could become annoying sometimes particularly when he has numbnut impie armies rushing to you.. I guess I'm not finding leaders annoying that much more than endless swarms of enemy units that somehow slow down a conquest.. I don't know.. last time I thought kamehameha was annoying too... casimir.. just to name a few.. I don't get that mad,really.. why not try more hot sauce in foods...

Attila and Nebu because they are always yelling at me when I meet them.

Monty not so much, because he's screaming to his ghost in his sick head I think..

Attila and Nebu because they are always yelling at me when I meet them.

LMAO!! I was going to post this, specifically about Attila. Wow is it frustrating when I have to do any sort of diplo with him. "NN SHYADDAA SHEL HAYAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" right in my face, which apparently translates to "Nice to see you again friend."

I would agree with the OP with Augustus and Alex for sure. To add to that list, Casimir. He always seems to steamroll in my games, doing everything well. Lots of wonders, takes someone out early, salt starts, infinite social policies, somehow always gets Petra, etc. Always have to keep my eye on him when he's in the game.

[box]Maria I:
*denounced*

"I denounce you, your mother, your camel, and all that you stand for."
*denounces*

*denounced by half of civilized world*
And you get an evil eye, and you get an evil eye, and you get an evil eye...

*player joins the dogpile*
"no u"

*denounces every player in the game one-by-one*
"Other leaders just can't understand my wisdom , that they're all terrible. Why does no one listen to me?"

*has nothing to trade, ever, yet still annoys you at sea*[/box]

Close runner up:

Washington the Terrible of America
Washington has chosen Autocracy.
They clearly see the threat posed by your warmongering (They hate warmongers!)

Is the following mockery of diplomacy of interest to you?
(Their items) 1 GPT
(Your items) 5 .... everything

Globe Theatre, Broadway, Leaning Tower, Angkor Wat have all been built in a far off - city right next to you, which you could swear has been supplying the Minutemen faucets running all over the hilly terrain you settled thinking 'nice defense'.

For me it's Haile. Certainly when you meet him first and you know you're bound to hate him because he will spread his religion, no mather what. He is also someone who most of the time has good diplomacy with everyone else, so beating him up is like beating your own diplo up.

And when you aren't close to him, then I hate him because of the t28 message 'an unknown civilization has found the Eastern Orthodoxy religion.. (Naaaaah, not you again!)

Alexander at the moment. Even though I use random personalities, he always turns out to be the biggest deceptive pain. He comes back smiling after just starting war on me and I know he`ll do it again at some point.

Honestly, I've never had an extremely annoying AI on a game-by-game basis; one game Elizabeth will be denouncing me then be friendly all the time, to the point of being schizophrenic, the next game she'll be one of my most loyal allies (I mostly play as Venice btw). Of all my games, the AIs who I've consistently had the most problems with are Washington, Suleiman, Pocatello, Wu Zeitan and Maria.

Straight warmongers are easier as they are more predictable. The ones that get me are the multidimensional leaders.

Darius - Fair on number of cities, mixes in wonders and diplomacy fairly well and when the DOW comes I have to remind myself I need to be more than 3 tiles away to be safe. He seemingly ramps up the insults at the right time.

Rama - Diplomacy, religion, wonders, and the damned elephants. Similar to Darius he spends some time building up his empire and times his war to coincide with his UU.

Hiawatha - Haven't had him in my games recently but two patches ago he was an absolute beast. Massive sprawling empires, automatic on wonders. His personality didn't annoy me so much, so maybe he belongs in AI's that had great runs.

How dare they all hate the great Alexander!!!

But id say China. Just so stubborn. Hiawatha is pretty annoying cause expansion.

Honestly, I hate Elizabeth. She likes to prance around telling others that they shouldn't warmonger (she HATES warmongers) and yet she has no problem taking over other Civs completely! Let's not forget the false friendship phase of her in the early game. "Oh, I know we're both really close. You have all my trade routes, I have all of yours. We've had open borders for years now and our embassies have worked tirelessly to keep us communicating. I appreciate your stores of copper and sugar and gladly exchanged them for my wine and incense, but... I don't think we can openly declare friendship. In fact, I'm invading you in ten turns. Sorry!"

Hi Everyone !
I am a permanent member of fallout forum and I visit many game forums and I try to get help But To Me The most popular AI personality annoying.
Personally it's a throw out upward concerning Alexander along with Augustus, using WA near on their high heels regarding 3 rd place.

Alexander acts including this type of brat, your traces Fir axis activity him to express will not help, their natural declarations involving conflict along with hyper-aggressive habits make him your schoolyard bully in this activity. Additionally this individual kind of seems as if Ken on the Barbie range.

Augustus offers back stabbed myself a lot of instances the idea places Brutus for you to pity. 1st this individual claims conflict upon myself whenever I am just employed versus other people (most very likely Alexander) and once My partner and i last but not least be capable of defeat back their bothersome this individual will go most "Friendly" along with is categorized in excess of him or her self providing Declarations involving Camaraderie. Your announcement is authorized, along with when My partner and i enter an additional conflict this individual once again episodes myself conversely on the guide. I just cannot confidence him using anything along with I will be required for you to exterminate him even with the commonly restful play style. An accurate master involving reinterpreting meant friendships.

I take it English is not a language you are familiar with? Your post is very hard to understand. I suspect you don`t like Alexander`s personality, but I`m at a loss for the rest of it.

Google translate fails again. I feel your pain, dude. I have a friend who lives in Paris, and I try to clean up my French by using the translate service and get these results too.

Moderator Action: Merged a second thread about the most annoying AI personality into the main thread.

I hate Pocatello at the moment. He just stuffs his cities everywhere, including between my own before they reach their proper coverage. And he is too friendly with everyone, so the logical course of action, burning his cities down to estabilish some proper borders, result in huge diplomatic hit with everyone.

You know who was really annoying to me recently? Genghis Khan... His capital city just kept killing my catapults that wouldn't even be able to load and shoot..

Ghengis bugs me too. His personality is perfect for me - he always wants to be friends and he forgives my warmongering. Trouble is, he ALWAYS whacks my CS allies and everyone in the world hates him afterward. I have no choice but to denounce him. If he would just found a city and whack a neighboring AI like a good ghengis, we'd get along fine.

But noooooooo.

I bought Civ V around this years summer when there was a nice deal for the complete edition and so far i had great fun with the game. Never played a Civ game before and i'm up on Emperor Level now.

Okay, which AI personality annoys you the most is the question? Hmm ... the top 3:

Inca because they always seem to do really strong, at least in my games. Grow fast, many cities and if they are on a different continent they war and wonderspam at the same time succesfully. It's challenging yeah, but quite frustrating too especially if you are lucky and get him in 3 of your 4 last games.

:sad:

Then Japan just because he likes to declare war to me without any 'real' reason. I had him as my next neighbour in a game, as a far away civilization and the last i met in another and however he just attacks me even then when we don't have a negative diplomatic status. In every single game i had to go mad at him at some later point and nuke and raze everything just out of principle.

:mad:

Place 3 goes to one of the more religious Civ's but i can't really decide. Ramkhamhaeng maybe but i don't see him that often. It is annoying keeping a nice religion and constantly seeing GP's and Missionaries. Haile Selassi and Pacal are spreading religion too in a heavy way - - - i don't like that because you are forced to keep the army so they can't get in or buying Inquisitors with faith instead of Great Persons or Buildings usually exactly when you need them.

:cry:

Never had a problem with Alexander who seems to get a lot of hate. The other typical warmongers are usually loyal friends to some point, but i think it depends on difficulty level a lot. Until now i don't have any experience with a diety level Shaka or something. ^^

PS: Sorry if some things are spelled wrong, my english is a little bit basic but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say. This Board is full of great strategies and i learned a lot just reading, now i wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Top Bottom