Pitboss

vanlaerpieter

Chieftain
Hello,

Some questions about Pitboss.
I'm a GMR player and I read that Pitboss should work a bit the same.

Is it possible to host a game with three other human players, take a couple of turns and then all leave the game and come back later?

- If yes, can host leave the game or does he Always has to be online in order for the game to run.

- If yes, where can you jump back into the game? I read it should be possible if not all are online that you could load the map and do some changes and maybe can play a turn if the player before you took his turn too.

- If no, why is pitboss any different then other multiplayer games?

Thanks for the clarification, I need it!

Hello,

Some questions about Pitboss.
I'm a GMR player and I read that Pitboss should work a bit the same.

Is it possible to host a game with three other human players, take a couple of turns and then all leave the game and come back later?

- If yes, can host leave the game or does he Always has to be online in order for the game to run.

- If yes, where can you jump back into the game? I read it should be possible if not all are online that you could load the map and do some changes and maybe can play a turn if the player before you took his turn too.

- If no, why is pitboss any different then other multiplayer games?

Thanks for the clarification, I need it!

Yes you can play online, pitboss is a server running Civ online, so you play simultaneusly with your friends.
If the host quit, the server goes down. You can save the game before quitting and resume this game later but it's not the way pitboss is played.
The main difference is that you can play your turn when you want during the time the host has decided, usually 24 hours per turn. The server must be on to allow other players join the game. If you haven't played during this time the game will pass your turn with others 24 hours to play this turn.

Is there anyone already have been playing/testing a Pitboss game?
Does this MP mode show any bugs? Is it generally better in its gameplay than the hotseat (GMR) mode?

I am also interested in taking part in one or two pitboss games.

I've been testing it but wanted to use it as a means to play a couple of turns a day because a couple of hours of gameplay doesn't fit my schedule.

So far, I came to this conclusion:
- The only game I see when I enter Pitboss menu is from a guy named "Bolson". I asked around and I'm not the only one.
- I can see other games available only if I press "host game" and continue too the "staging room", if I click back two times I come back into the games list and now I see other games apart from "bolson's". Seems like a bug to me.

- Hosting a game with another play was second test. You can set a turn timer, but I thought you could also decide with the other players to quit playing and resume play another time or another day. How you do that is a mystery to me

An interesting observation. :)
I also consider the pitboss to be an improved version of hotseat mode. Let's keep in touch.

i still dont get whats the purpose of all of them

cant you just save the game anyhway and load it next day and invite the ppl who was there the day b4?

whats the advantage?

Yes, as a host you decide when game will continue. I tested it and you have to reinvite the people with whom you were playing. They come in the 'staging room' again and have to pick their civ again (but actually they could pick another one too, wich is weird). All that extra effort doesn't make sense.

I'm still looking for a way where you reload the game as a host and people get a notification through steam or mail automatically that game is up again, then they can jump back in themselves without the extra effort the host has to do with reinviting and so.

You need to open network port 27016 (UDP) on your router to be visible to players outside your LAN.

Top Bottom