Brave New World Patch notes! Version 1.0.3.276

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care for house keeping - feel free to move posts as long as they get addressed - that subforum seems like a graveyard. I'm spending enough time testing as it is and I'm providing the logs that several people have been asking for several times in this thread.

I don't really care for house keeping - feel free to move posts as long as they get addressed - that subforum seems like a graveyard. I'm spending enough time testing as it is and I'm providing the logs that several people have been asking for several times in this thread.

That place so looks like a graveyard, could not even find your logs. It's like king tut's tomb over there. :egypt:

This new patch is great, I noticed. It hit me by surprise and I think it's great that there are more resources.. there were still some issues in multiplayer, but who plays multiplayer bnw nowadays.

Making mods compatible with multiplayer would GREATLY extend this game's lifetime.

Moderator Action: Everyone, please get back to the topic of the patch notes.

Thank you SO MUCH for fixing the warmonger penalty, it really sucked not being able to go to war AT ALL in the early-game without swatting the hornets' nest.

Yes,,,this! I rolled an Immortal start as Babylon and there was only 1 really good spot for a new city near by. Sweden was to my right with basically no where to go but into me.
So I took Stockholm with some bowmen and now have a fine game.

Word of warning, don't completely eliminate a civ, or there's still huge hatred. I tried taking Sigtuna, and WOW !! just like before I got 6 quick denouncements and it was long until I was dog pile DOWed.

.. neilkaz ..

Killing an ai is one of the worst warmongering penalty things you could do. It's better to take it easy and not have everyone dogpile you than have a simple embargo.

SO glad to see that the early warmonger penalties have been cut down some (and the penalty for eliminating a city-state too). There's absolutely times where early war is almost mandatory. Getting aggressively forward-settled by a Civ like Greece is going to be less painful now.

Sure, there's plenty of other things to throw your early game off, but not dealing with the extreme hate of the world because you burned some city that was settled in your face will be nice.

How come more people aren't talking about the warmonger changes? Seems like a big deal to me.

It was released shortly after disappointing BE release. It broke Civ5 multiplayer. 50% of Civ5 multiplayer community never bought into BE and were content with Civ5.

>10/24 BE release
>poor reviews/sales
>10/27 corrupted Civ5 patch (addressing issues previously unresolved for nearly a year)
>Now: Civ5 multiplayer unplayable (crash 95% of time turn2-40)

Firaxis: 'Why don't you buy BE while we figure this out'

This is not a coincidence. This is a calculated and truly pathetic ploy to garner more sales for BE from existing Civ fanbase (a mojority of hardcore Civ5 multiplayers have 0 interest in singleplayer and low interest in BE).

Shame on Firaxis. Person who came up with this idea should be fired, although I would not be surprised if it was one of the execs.
Moderator Action: Derailing threads and personal attacks are not permitted on this site. (Note that it doesn't imply that you're not allowed to criticize Firaxians.)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I think you're right. Also, aliens built the Pyramids. That's not mentioned in Civ because Firaxis are in league with with the aliens. I've no proof, but it's a fact that when you play single player Civ you're actually helping the aliens manage their vassal planets.

No one's talking about this patch because they destroyed the MP. Why would anyone say 'thank you' for a patch that did nothing other than STOP THE GAME WORKING.

Thank you so much. Major exploit of the game fixed and tradition nerf. It was silly that if you were going to expand beyond 4 cities tradition was still often stronger than liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom