Byblos has two cities

I love this stuff. I remember back in the ancient days of yore(vanilla Civ 5) I got a city state to a whopping 4 cities! That city state was about as large as most BNW empires :)

I guess in theory you could nurse a game along until a CS wins a conquest victory.

City states can capture other cities and they can also destroy other civilizations,too, if the city they capture is that civilization's last city.

The other day, I was playing Mongolia and lost one of my cities to a city state. It was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me in a Civ 5 game. :cry:

:lol:

The other day, I was playing Mongolia and lost one of my cities to a city state. It was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me in a Civ 5 game. :cry:

The Kahn is revolving in his grave.... :lol:

City states can capture other cities and they can also destroy other civilizations,too, if the city they capture is that civilization's last city.

This just happened in my most recent game. Was backstabbed by Assyria. I took it to him and when he was left with one puppeted formerly Celtic city, my ally, Samarkand, swooped in and finished him off for me. Goodbye, world pariah/arch enemy with none of the warmonger hate!

This just happened in my most recent game. Was backstabbed by Assyria. I took it to him and when he was left with one puppeted formerly Celtic city, my ally, Samarkand, swooped in and finished him off for me. Goodbye, world pariah/arch enemy with none of the warmonger hate!
Something similar happened to me.. I was al mansur and Suleiman wanted revenge so a city state next to Suleiman's last city took it.. I guess Suleiman was paid by other civilizations to attack me.

And then the CS can raze the city for you, leaving the tile improvements behind, which you can pillage/repair every turn for gold. Total exploit.

And you can knock a city down to black and farm xp from it every turn, to pick up Logistics on your siege. Until someone else like a CS swoops in. Not an exploit.

As Austria, could a player annex a city state with more than one city for the standard gold cost?

Seriously...if in that game with the giant Melbourne Empire, if the human player was Austria or Venice....would all of that become Austrian or Venetian?

I've seen it maybe once. As I recall they raze cities they capture.

It used to happen a lot more than it does post-expansions; some of my most entertaining games were CS bloodbaths (I had one in which Sydney controlled three unrazeable cities).

CSes usually but not always raze cities they capture, indeed. CS permawar is however a nuisance that should have been patched away years ago by an ability for CS to enter diplomacy with one another, or at least an option for civs to request that they stop. It happens when two civs with CS allies go to war, and one or both CSes lose ally status before the war ends. As a result, that CS isn't included in any peace treaty that results - and while a civ can simply click 'Make Peace' with a CS, other CSes can't. There's no way for the game to let the war end short of one CS killing the other (or later becoming part of a peace deal between two civs that involves both CSes).

In one of my games I played domination, naturally annoying everyone, and ended up losing more of my cities to my enemies' CS allies (about 3, I think, one twice) than I ever did to the other civs.

In any other situation, that would be crazy awesome. Especially since Alex getting owned (literally) by a city-state is the highest of ironies. When going for domination, that just sucks. What did you do then? :crazyeye:

Took it of course! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom