Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. See my signature.
Sorry, i don't see sigs here, can you spell it out, is there a new download ? If so, where ? Can someone fix the 1st post or just start a new thread if the 1st post can't be fixed ?
... I don't know what a Letterhead is :)p) but Custom Leaderheads adds more leaders for the non-MCP core civs and Alternate Leaderheads is only some (really nice) visual change for some core civs' leaders (e.g. Alexander)...
Doh! Yes, LeaderHeads, thanks for explaining those.
It runs fine for me with the last rev.
I don't know the answer for the last question.
Which rev? the one in the 1st post or ?

Sorry, i don't see sigs here, can you spell it out, is there a new download ? If so, where ? Can someone fix the 1st post or just start a new thread if the 1st post can't be fixed ?
Doh! Yes, LeaderHeads, thanks for explaining those.
Which rev? the one in the 1st post or ?

In that post of dbkblk you'll find everything you need.

Sorry. I meant: It runs fine for me with the latest rev of RAND.

Bingo! Ok, so i have downloaded those two files, one older one and one newer one. Do these two files alone replace all the files in post #1? Do i need the patch or the Leader Head files too?

When i open the MCP BASE zip file i have an Assets folder, which exact Civ4 Assets folder do i overwrite with it?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete Edition\Beyond the Sword\Assets
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete Edition\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets
or ?

Same with the master zip file, which Assets folder is overwritten? Do i overwrite the BASE Assets folder with the master Assets folder or vice versa?

Do i worry about the LeaderHeads anymore with these new files, or do i download them too and unzip so they also overwrite the Assets folder(s)?

You have to extract all these zip directly into the main mod folder. The folder are named exactly the same so you just have to drag and drop the files.

EDIT: I have updated the module with the latest translations.

Instead of creating a module to update MCP, wouldn't it be better to make a full installer like the main mod? and eventually create a patch when a patch it out to only modify some files?
It would avoid the pain of having to download the git repo + the FPK and will be straightforward for new players.
I can reuse the translations from the main installer, and make a script to generate a full installer AND to generate a patch from the latest full installer when there are minor modifications. There are only a few updates, so it would be better than to recode a full updater. Eventually, the launcher can check the modInfo file online to see if the version is different and ask to open the download page.

What do you think, Sogroon?

EDIT: After reading installer translations, I think it's better to have a separate translation file, but it's 5min with the clock in a hand to translate this.

Ok. I'll give it a try. I've fixed another problem: The readme file was still pointing out an older MCP FPK version. An installer should avoid this kind of problem.

EDIT: Wait! No, that file is corrupted. I need to redownload it.

So, I've rewritten an installer file (with one-click update of translations :)) and now it's ready.
@Sogroon: To do this, I had to change the structure of the git repository.
It now has three main folders:
- installer, which contains the files to build the installer
- translations, which contains the files to update the translations
- files, which contains the files of the mod (except the FPK which is too large, see note).

The FPK is around 2go in size, and the installer don't like that, so I've zipped it and made the installer to unzip it during installation. The uninstallation is properly removing the files. It don't add start menu or registry things because it's useless.

I suggest that you're not modifying anything on the repo today and I'll try to upload the new installer for players today. Remember to update your git repository before to make a modification.
I'll try to upload the zipped FPK directly on the github repo but I'm not sure it will work.

The new installer is now available on our server.

The installation instructions will be updated as well on the repository page but basically:
- Download
- Install it in your mod folder.
- Start the launcher and click on "Community -> Modules -> Mega Civ Pack" to enable/disable the mod.

@Sogroon: The git server is now up-to-date but unfortunately, the zipped FPK cannot be added due to its size. Whenever you want to update it, zip it with maximum compression and send it to me, or read the readme files to generate a new installer.

@Sogroon: The git server is now up-to-date but unfortunately, the zipped FPK cannot be added due to its size. Whenever you want to update it, zip it with maximum compression and send it to me, or read the readme files to generate a new installer.

Okay, thx. That was really quick :)

The new installer is now available on our server.

The installation instructions will be updated as well on the repository page but basically:
- Download
- Install it in your mod folder.
- Start the launcher and click on "Community -> Modules -> Mega Civ Pack" to enable/disable the mod.

Can it pick and choose which new civs you want to have in? Out of the many civs in there, there's only a very small handful I actually wish to use ^^;

*EDIT* Just installing and then deleting the (many) civs I didn't want worked well enough ^^

Does this fix the crash bug I reported a few weeks ago? Does anyone happen to know?

Does this fix the crash bug I reported a few weeks ago? Does anyone happen to know?
I recall some report but I don't even remember what it was (sorry :blush:) Could you repeat it, please?
But I think it is beyond my skills to fix it.
Can it pick and choose which new civs you want to have in? Out of the many civs in there, there's only a very small handful I actually wish to use ^^;

*EDIT* Just installing and then deleting the (many) civs I didn't want worked well enough ^^

Yep, it's just that simple.
For the same reason you stated I was thinking about splitting the module into smaller categories, like Ancient Mediterranean, Ancient and Medieval Europe, Modern Europe, North American Indians, South American Indians, Modern Americans and so on...
So everyone could easily mount/unmount modules via the launcher.
What do you guys think? Does it worth at all?

Yep, it's just that simple.
For the same reason you stated I was thinking about splitting the module into smaller categories, like Ancient Mediterranean, Ancient and Medieval Europe, Modern Europe, North American Indians, South American Indians, Modern Americans and so on...
So everyone could easily mount/unmount modules via the launcher.
What do you guys think? Does it worth at all?

I mostly prefer the ancient over the modern. I prefer leaders from those eras over more modern or even current-day leaders/nations in most cases.
I did include Finland though ^^

Same with gameplay kind of, the Classic era's always been my favorite in Civilization, and to a lesser extent the Medeival. I hated the Modern Era, it was always very tedious when the game got that far. AND really helps though with the automations like Automate Airstrike and Hunt :)

C2C I love the Prehistoric through the Classical, but it's disappointing how this one combat bug still seems to be in there, where the game insists on sending units with the lowest possible chance of victory in but it still shows the odds for your best unit. Resulting in needing to hand pick who goes in to fight at every single battle :(

The Minoan UB still states it gives +1 Trade Route :confused:
Hasn't been updated yet, or do I have an out of date version? I grabbed what was the most recent version at the time (November 3rd)

The Minoan UB still states it gives +1 Trade Route :confused:
Hasn't been updated yet, or do I have an out of date version? I grabbed what was the most recent version at the time (November 3rd)

That's strange.
Will look after it.
Thx anyway

hi guys,
ive got a problem. Im playing as osterre (austria), when trying to build the UB "Museum" the game crashes immediately.

How can i fix it?

Can someone test if its client related or a general bug please?

Well, for everyone not so firm - here is an actual installation guide for MCP for AND2:
  1. Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/an...d_mcp_full_installer_2016-06_1.7.exe/download and install it. This is the full installer at v1.7. Close the AND2 launcher that pops up.
  2. Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/MegaCivPack/rand_mcp_patch_1.7_to_1.8.2.exe/download an install it. This patches v1.7 to v1.8.2. Close the AND2 launcher that pops up.
  3. AND2 Rev. 1046 and higher:
    Download https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/mcp-hotfix-for-1046-rar.460132/ and copy (overwrite) the asset folder within that rar file into your AND2 mod folder. This replaces some files that cause troubles with the new revisions of AND2.
That's it. Have fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom