can't sell hospitals

wit>trope

Deity
I can sell other city improvements but when I right click to sell a hospital the option to sell isn't there :confused:

You should be able to sell them if you want to. I have a hospital in a city that won't grow beyond size 12. I accidently built it and now I have to keep on paying the maintenance cost :(

Also, aqueducts and hospitals will never get destryed when a city changes hands.

cierdan said:
You should be able to sell them if you want to. I have a hospital in a city that won't grow beyond size 12. I accidently built it and now I have to keep on paying the maintenance cost :(

I can understand your frustation, but it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If you can sell them, it's easy to exploit it by simply growing to max size and then selling both off and never having to pay the maintenance for them while still deriving the benefits. If they made it such that selling them reduced you to the sppropriate size, you'd probably have far more threads about how that really sucks, even if it came with a warning.

I read somewhere that you can disband a frigate in the city and destroy the hospital?

It would make a lot of sense if you can only sell the buildings when size allows it.

However, like some more easy to implement things, it appears that was too much work for the programmers.

WackenOpenAir said:
It would make a lot of sense if you can only sell the buildings when size allows it.

However, like some more easy to implement things, it appears that was too much work for the programmers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you sell Hospitals/Ducts in VC3 and PtW, and that was changed for C3C for exactly the reason mentioned (because the human will always sell those when the city cannot grow anymore)? Doesn't look like lazyness to me, but closing another loophole :).

Top Bottom